Author Topic: Baseball heckling (can be other spectator sports too I guess)  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball heckling (can be other spectator sports too I guess)
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 01:41:55 PM »
maybe my girls are just too damn elite and no one heckles

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 02:07:09 PM »
But real MLB heckling is pretty easy.  For stanton and judge or those types my go to is steroids.  For the astros it's obviously cheating.

no swearing ever, just clever zingers

2002 Royals opening day vs. Minnesota Twins. Went to the game with some KU buds, did the usual boozing pre-game, etc. One of the KU guys gets sloshed and says, "I'm going to harass the crap out of whoever's playing left field until I get him pissed off."

Yeah, right, blah, blah, blah.

Game starts and the left fielder is Jacque Jones. From the second the guy trots out to the field, the KU guy starts yelling "Joooooooonnnnnnnnnnnssssssseeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy" - over and over and over and over and over. Nothing else. Just "Jonesy" from the start of the inning until the end. By the top of the 3rd, Jones has moved at least 30 feet closer to the infield while he's playing catch before the inning starts. In the top of the 5th, Jones comes trotting out and after the "Jonesy" starts again, he turns around and flips off the KU guy with both hands and yells "shut the eff up!"

The KU guy turns to the crowd in the outfield and takes a bow to a round of applause and then doesn't say a word to Jones the rest of the game. I have no idea who won that game, whatever happened to Jacque Jones, etc. But that heckling (and the result) was pure gold.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2023, 09:48:27 PM »
You haven’t truly witnessed abuse of an 18 yo ump until you’ve witnessed it coming from a 250 lbs stay at home mom hurling it from a warmth pod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven, it would seem to me (a part time master acoustician) that in order for that thing to be effective protection from the wind/cold that it would also be sound dampening. Do they just yell extra loud or something?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2023, 06:15:56 AM »
normally the little front part is zipped down at the top like a little stupid window for their fat faces to yell from

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 07:24:48 AM »
I haven't heckled in years, but when I was a young man I was quite proficient at this, but I kept it at the professional level.  When I was a teenager, my dad took my best friend and I to a Royals game...guys trip!  Anyway, we had amazing seats for heckling and were in the second or third row in right field, immediately beside the bullpen.

Royals were playing the A's, and Canseco was in the RF.  We were laying into him about all sorts of stuff, but leaning pretty heavy on him dating Madonna.  Later in the game, a Madonna game came on the PA and he turns to us and points and starts gyrating and dancing.  Well played, Jose Conseco, well played. 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 07:26:11 AM »
Tim Floyd's wife cussed out Limestone at a KSU cats basketball game once.  This was when the opposing team sat in front of the students (LOL), and Limestone was on a rough ridin' roll chewing Floyd's ass. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2023, 11:13:30 AM »
I follow the Conan method of baseball heckling. (starting at 5:48)

https://youtu.be/GS39vMhag-A?t=348

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2023, 10:50:21 AM »
Tim Floyd's wife cussed out Limestone at a KSU cats basketball game once.  This was when the opposing team sat in front of the students (LOL), and Limestone was on a rough ridin' roll chewing Floyd's ass.

Yeah, that was a moment.  I was on an absolute roll an d like sprac's bro I received quite a bit of love from the student section when she turned around and melted down on me.

I also heckled former Poke catcher Wiley Stillman until he couldn't hit the meat we were throwing him but later that saturday i encountered him in the Outback and let's say I wasn't quite as tough then.

I once heckled the absolute hell out of a MN Twin at the red sox spring training in Ft. Myers to the point he finally came over and asked me if I knew him. 

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2023, 11:38:36 AM »
I follow the Conan method of baseball heckling. (starting at 5:48)

https://youtu.be/GS39vMhag-A?t=348

That's got to be in the all-time top 10 Conan bits

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2023, 12:04:53 PM »
Maybe covered in the competitive little kids sports thread but at what point do they bestow designated walk up to the plate music on baseball players?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2023, 12:32:59 PM »
Maybe covered in the competitive little kids sports thread but at what point do they bestow designated walk up to the plate music on baseball players?

Whenever someone takes it upon themselves to do it. I looked into it last night for our team, but all of the apps use itunes, of which my collection is very limited.

When our oldest was in 10u we were lucky enough to use the local high school's softball field as our home diamond. We did it all.

The coach's wife, oldest son and I would sit behind the plate in the little brick press box, which had a pa system.

We had played National Anthem over the PA, and did all the typical stadium announcements over the PA. We didn't do walkup music, but played ballpark type music over the PA between innings. Even had a little wagon for concessions. Was a really good time.

At tournaments teams just kind of do it for themselves.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2023, 12:37:12 PM »
I haven't heckled in years, but when I was a young man I was quite proficient at this, but I kept it at the professional level.  When I was a teenager, my dad took my best friend and I to a Royals game...guys trip!  Anyway, we had amazing seats for heckling and were in the second or third row in right field, immediately beside the bullpen.

Royals were playing the A's, and Canseco was in the RF.  We were laying into him about all sorts of stuff, but leaning pretty heavy on him dating Madonna.  Later in the game, a Madonna game came on the PA and he turns to us and points and starts gyrating and dancing.  Well played, Jose Conseco, well played.

Classic Jose, who by nearly all accounts is a wonderful and gregarious human being. He's well known on the Vegas poker scene, hosts fun home game tournaments, and can often be found playing even lower stakes cash games.

He's also the spokesman for the best and most lol-worthy gas station in Vegas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxhrS6WI3U
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.