Author Topic: Baseball heckling (can be other spectator sports too I guess)  (Read 1663 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
You have great seats to an MLB game, like, first row behind home plate. Any batter will be able to hear you clearly if you decide to give ‘em the ol’ what-fer.
What is your go to heckle? Are you just trying to be funny or do you want to get in his head?

Like let’s say Giancarlo Stanton is on deck and the pitcher can throw 99+mph but has control issues. Do you be like “I bet you’ve put that while getting your face smashed in incident completely behind you, right? Like you have moved on and definitely don’t ever worry about it happening again. That’s cool you were able to get over it I’m not sure I would especially with this wild man on the bump”

Also if the opposing team pitcher is taking a perfect game or no hitter into the 7th I’m absolutely going to be like “oh crap dude you have a perfect game going did you know that??”

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball heckling (can be other spectator sports too I guess)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 03:02:21 PM »
I would use my smart phone to google each batter and try to do what stunz does to emawzified every day.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 04:14:54 PM »
Also if the opposing team pitcher is taking a perfect game or no hitter into the 7th I’m absolutely going to be like “oh crap dude you have a perfect game going did you know that??”

Hit a few Royal's games this year and you'll find your opportunity

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 09:05:44 PM »
n00b question: what is the normal level of heckling at a HS baseball game? I went to one a couple of weeks ago and it seemed like there was a ton of chripping / heckling between the two teams, between parents and between parents and the ump. Way more than I've ever experienced at a HS basketball game for example. Maybe these two fanbases just have a lot of animosity or maybe it is just a normal part of competitive youth baseball / hs baseball culture.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 09:14:18 PM »
n00b question: what is the normal level of heckling at a HS baseball game? I went to one a couple of weeks ago and it seemed like there was a ton of chripping / heckling between the two teams, between parents and between parents and the ump. Way more than I've ever experienced at a HS basketball game for example. Maybe these two fanbases just have a lot of animosity or maybe it is just a normal part of competitive youth baseball / hs baseball culture.

baseball is king heckling/chirping. so much down time between things happening. lots of planning time. lot's of scheming. lot's of seeds.

10U baseball has like none. But wednesday our blue called in sick and our backup blue called in and said he couldn't make it because the other blue called in so late. so one of our coaches did the duty. usually we offer the other team to have their own coach call balls and strikes for their team and we call it for ours. but they were just like "nah, handle it". weekday game so glorified scrimmage. ANYWAY lots of fun heckling and busting of balls of our own coach playing ump. Just ripping into him. COME ON BLUE! after random calls, the works. fun for all. except him because he takes it very seriously, but also why he had to do it because he did a great job.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 09:20:25 PM »
also 10U baseball fan "fights" are very common. we haven't had an actual fist fight break out but have had tons of mostly moms jawing back and forth requiring us and the other coaches to come out and tell them to get their butts to the parking lot because they are out. then they (our own only obviously) cry to us afterwords and tell us the bad stuff the other side said which made their reaction reasonable. super fun guys (not irl). never dads. always moms.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 09:40:14 PM »
also 10U baseball fan "fights" are very common. we haven't had an actual fist fight break out but have had tons of mostly moms jawing back and forth requiring us and the other coaches to come out and tell them to get their butts to the parking lot because they are out. then they (our own only obviously) cry to us afterwords and tell us the bad stuff the other side said which made their reaction reasonable. super fun guys (not irl). never dads. always moms.

The stupid/embarrassing stuff that comes out of brown-tier youth baseball fans’ mouths is on another level
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 09:43:30 PM »

The stupid/embarrassing stuff that comes out of brown-tier youth baseball fans’ mouths is on another level

I need examples. Is it like just general knucklehead stuff or are they getting personal?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 10:49:26 PM »

I need examples. Is it like just general knucklehead stuff or are they getting personal?

Just general dumbassery, it’s more that the gusto increase with the stupidity.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2023, 08:00:58 AM »
I have seen a soccer parent (wearing a Dallas cowboys jersey) threaten to have his older son beat up a 10 year old.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »
can you imagine the psychological damage a baseball mom could inflict, like the kid on the other team gets up to bat and she's just like "hey Jimmy your dad tried to cheat on your mom with me but don't worry when it was go time he couldn't get it up and just started crying, so nothing happened"

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2023, 09:51:32 AM »
can you imagine the psychological damage a baseball mom could inflict, like the kid on the other team gets up to bat and she's just like "hey Jimmy your dad tried to cheat on your mom with me but don't worry when it was go time he couldn't get it up and just started crying, so nothing happened"
I noticed that the moms were doing most of the spicy commentary. Eg a pitch in the dirt earns the pitcher a "why don't you throw it a little bit lower next time" or "OMG, don't you know these Smallville HS kids have the worst sportsmanship of any school, actually got called out by KSHSAA for being so bad but anyone who knows them isn't surprised..."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »
Probably 8U basketball, the moms were bad enough the refs stopped the game at one point. Then after it kept going at half the older ref told them that the ref they are all yelling at that could be their kid in 10 years. :) made them all STFU, was great to watch

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2023, 10:25:02 AM »
You haven’t truly witnessed abuse of an 18 yo ump until you’ve witnessed it coming from a 250 lbs stay at home mom hurling it from a warmth pod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2023, 10:26:42 AM »
irl we probably had 3 of those things set up on each side last weekend and they were just jawing back and forth from their enclosures. So rough ridin' hilarious in retrospect. Annoying AF in real time though.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2023, 10:51:33 AM »
irl we probably had 3 of those things set up on each side last weekend and they were just jawing back and forth from their enclosures. So rough ridin' hilarious in retrospect. Annoying AF in real time though.

I would IRL PI bubble girl

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
It's amazing how little shame some folks have.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2023, 10:55:39 AM »
You haven’t truly witnessed abuse of an 18 yo ump until you’ve witnessed it coming from a 250 lbs stay at home mom hurling it from a warmth pod

Wow.

I always think is weird to see parents who appear to be incredibly unhealthy yelling at their kids at sports things. "RUN HARDER MacKENNISYNN, YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING!!!" and I'm thinking, "ma'am you couldn't walk up the steps of the bleachers without getting chest pains"

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2023, 11:03:49 AM »
SD can back me up here, but one part of never ending comedy at baseball games is huge, and I mean HUGE Dads sitting on buckets.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2023, 11:54:18 AM »
SD can back me up here, but one part of never ending comedy at baseball games is huge, and I mean HUGE Dads sitting on buckets.
lmao

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2023, 12:15:42 PM »
I have seen a soccer parent (wearing a Dallas cowboys jersey) threaten to have his older son beat up a 10 year old.

Not really analogous but this still reminded me of the sideline dad at a StrutNCut game and his "minor" son.  @MakeItRain

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »
Have never seen this in joco.  y'all are trashy

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2023, 12:30:27 PM »
But real MLB heckling is pretty easy.  For stanton and judge or those types my go to is steroids.  For the astros it's obviously cheating.

no swearing ever, just clever zingers

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2023, 12:42:31 PM »

You have never seen bad behavior from parents at youth sporting activities in Joco? This gave me a hearty belly laugh.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2023, 12:42:45 PM »

Come to 3&2 baseball any Sunday afternoon bro