Author Topic: Pit movie review thread  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Pit movie review thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2023, 03:47:13 PM »
Ah, carry on then. I do intend to see this movie whenever I can stream it for free. Although now I'm afraid I might not "get it" and be forced to confront the reality that I am either an idiot or a MAGA (or both?)  :Wha:

No one said that but you do you
Can you list any reasons an intelligent lib might not like this movie? Just having difficulty discerning from the reviews so far ITT.

It's a bit like following daxian logic, if that helps. That's why I sometimes refer to his posting style by the same name. That said, I enjoyed the movie, and I think you would, too.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2023, 03:57:39 PM »
The movie is about traveling through a multiverse with infinite realities. You have to pay attention or it will just seem like a bunch of random crap is happening. It's not that difficult to follow if you can stay off of your phone, though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2023, 05:26:15 PM »
The movie is about traveling through a multiverse with infinite realities. You have to pay attention or it will just seem like a bunch of random crap is happening. It's not that difficult to follow if you can stay off of your phone, though.
To many people (including me) the multiverse thing is a fun thought experiment. Many other books and shows have addressed it (e.g. Rick and Morty is entirely based on the multiverse idea).

However, there are plenty of people who do not think that is fun to contemplate.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2023, 05:30:15 PM »
Ah, carry on then. I do intend to see this movie whenever I can stream it for free. Although now I'm afraid I might not "get it" and be forced to confront the reality that I am either an idiot or a MAGA (or both?)  :Wha:

No one said that but you do you
Can you list any reasons an intelligent lib might not like this movie? Just having difficulty discerning from the reviews so far ITT.

It's pretty gory and fast paced and intense and possibly somewhat confusing if you get too lost in the details OR like check your phone while watching.