Author Topic: Chat GPT  (Read 2071 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Chat GPT
« on: March 31, 2023, 09:52:45 AM »
This thing is pretty amazing and it's going to change everything.  In the meantime though, I have it writing scripts for future KORN'S KORNER episodes:

S13, E8
[Opening theme music plays. Camera cuts to Brad Korn standing in front of a green screen.]

Brad: Welcome to "Korn's Korner"! Today we're talking about a topic close to my heart: basketball. But first, let's check out the weather.

[Brad gestures to the green screen, which shows a poorly edited clip of a tornado.]

Brad: Looks like we're in for a rough one, folks. Now, let's talk basketball.

[Cut to first segment of the show. Brad is sitting at a desk with a basketball in front of him.]

Brad: Today, we're going to talk about the importance of good sportsmanship on the court.

[Brad picks up the basketball and begins dribbling it.]

Brad: Now, I know some of you might think that winning is the most important thing, but let me tell you, it's not. Being a good sport and showing respect to your opponents is what really matters.

[Brad continues dribbling the basketball as he talks. Suddenly, the ball bounces off the desk and rolls away.]

Brad: Whoops! Looks like we'll have to move on to our next segment.

[Cut to second segment. Brad is standing in front of a bookshelf.]

Brad: Now, it's time for my favorite part of the show, "Brad's Book Club"! Today's book is "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu.

[Brad picks up the book and flips through it.]

Brad: This book may not be about basketball, but the principles in it can be applied to any competitive field. It's all about strategy and outmaneuvering your opponent.

[Brad suddenly gets serious.]

Brad: But let me be clear, this is not about cheating or dirty tactics. It's about being smart and playing to win.

[Brad quickly switches back to his lighthearted tone.]

Brad: Anyway, that's all the time we have for "Brad's Book Club"! Let's move on to our guest segment.

[Cut to third segment. Brad is sitting across from a guest, a former basketball player.]

Brad: So, what's it like being retired from the game?

Guest: It's been an adjustment, but I've found new passions and hobbies to focus on.

Brad: That's great to hear. Now, let's talk about your time in the league. I heard you had some intense rivalries with other players.

Guest: Yeah, there were definitely some heated games and rivalries, but at the end of the day, we all respected each other and the game.

Brad: Hmm, I don't know about that. I've seen some pretty dirty plays from some of your teammates.

Guest: Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I know I always played with integrity.

[Brad suddenly gets serious again.]

Brad: Integrity is important, but winning is even more important. You can't always rely on playing fair to come out on top.

[The guest looks uncomfortable.]

Brad: Anyway, that's all the time we have for today. Thanks for joining us.

[Brad stands up and shakes the guest's hand. The camera cuts back to Brad standing in front of the green screen.]

Brad: That's it for this episode of "Korn's Korner"! Tune in next time for more lighthearted discussion and heated arguments. And as always, remember to play to win.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Chat GPT
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 09:56:08 AM »
would watch

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 09:59:04 AM »
This thing is fascinating.

The other day, I had a little bit of research I was doing on a legal issue.  I asked it to explain, in one paragraph, the differences between Missouri and Illinois' comparative fault rules.    It gave me a great response that I verified was accurate.  I asked it if there were any cases in which Illinois applied the rule in a certain context, and it said something to the effect of "Yes, in the case..." and gave me a case name and citation and summary and application of the rule in about a paragraph.  My jaw dropped at how powerful and game-changing this was.

I checked the cite on westlaw and all over, and it turns out it was completely made up.  Case didn't exist.  I asked to summarize a recent appellate opinion that I argued, and it completely made up the facts -- wasn't even close.  Just kind of funny figuring out how it works.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 10:04:49 AM »
Slapping @chum1 right in his fat face, sad really.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 10:26:55 AM »
I've heard of it but never tried messing with it.  Because of this thread I went to try.....and it says I can't create an account right now.   :cry:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 11:01:47 AM »
I used it for a template to write a letter of reccomendation.  It was great.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 11:06:04 AM »
I just like it for the KORN'S KORNER fanfic:

FADE IN:

INT. TV STUDIO - DAY

The set of Korn's Korner is the same as before. Brad Korn sits behind his desk, looking disheveled and out of sorts.

BRAD KORN:
"Welcome back to Korn's Korner. Today, we have a very special guest. He's a local plumber and he's here to talk to us about the importance of good pipes."

The plumber, wearing a jumpsuit and carrying a toolbox, enters the studio and sits down in the guest chair. Brad looks at him with a serious expression.

BRAD KORN:
"So, tell me. What makes a good pipe?"

The plumber looks at Brad, confused.

PLUMBER:
"Well, I guess a good pipe would be one that doesn't leak and can handle the water pressure."

Brad nods slowly.

BRAD KORN:
"I see. And do you think that the same principles apply to life?"

The plumber looks even more confused.

PLUMBER:
"Uh, I'm not sure what you mean."

Brad leans forward, his eyes widening.

BRAD KORN:
"I mean, do you think that we need to have strong pipes in order to handle the pressure of life? That if we don't, we'll leak and break down?"

The plumber looks uncomfortable as Brad continues to stare at him intensely.

BRAD KORN:
"Because I think that's what it's all about, really. Having strong pipes. Being able to handle the pressure. Not breaking down."

The plumber starts to squirm in his seat.

PLUMBER:
"Uh, yeah. I guess that makes sense."

Brad suddenly stands up, knocking his chair over.

BRAD KORN:
"Good! Because if you can't handle the pressure, you'll end up like a leaky pipe, and nobody wants that!"

The audience looks uneasy as Brad starts to pace back and forth.

BRAD KORN:
"But you know what else is leaky? The defense of our opponents. We're going to break them down, just like a faulty pipe."

Brad grabs a basketball and starts dribbling it furiously.

BRAD KORN:
"So watch out, because we're coming for you! Thanks for tuning in to Korn's Korner. Until next time, keep your pipes strong."

The closing theme plays as the show ends. The plumber looks relieved to be leaving the studio. The audience leaves, looking slightly disturbed by the bizarre exchange they just witnessed.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »
I typed in 2022 KSU basketball recap show script with two hosts...

Host 1: Welcome to the 2022 Kansas State Basketball Season Recap Show, I'm your host, Sarah, and I'm here with my co-host, John. We're going to take a look back at the highs and lows of the Wildcats' season, and see how they fared in one of the toughest conferences in college basketball.

Host 2: That's right, Sarah. It was an up-and-down season for the Wildcats, but they showed a lot of heart and determination throughout the year. Let's start with the non-conference schedule, where the Wildcats had some impressive wins over teams like Marquette and Wichita State.

Host 1: One of the standout players for the Wildcats this season was senior guard, Mike McGuirl. He had some huge games, including a 28-point performance against TCU, and he was a key leader on the team.

Host 2: But the Wildcats struggled in conference play, going just 7-11 in the Big 12. They had some tough losses, including a double-overtime defeat against Texas Tech, and a blowout loss against the Baylor Bears.

Host 1: However, the Wildcats didn't let those losses define their season. They continued to fight and grind, and ended up making it to the Big 12 tournament.

Host 2: In the tournament, the Wildcats pulled off an upset against the Oklahoma Sooners, thanks to a clutch performance from sophomore guard, Nijel Pack. He scored 23 points and had 6 rebounds, and helped the Wildcats secure a spot in the quarterfinals.

Host 1: The Wildcats' tournament run came to an end in the quarterfinals, where they fell to the Baylor Bears. But they still had a shot at making it to the NCAA tournament.

Host 2: And make it they did. The Wildcats were selected as a 10th seed in the Midwest region, where they faced off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in the first round.

Host 1: It was a nail-biting game, with both teams trading leads throughout the game. But the Wildcats came out on top, thanks to some clutch plays from Pack and freshman guard, Selton Miguel.

Host 2: Unfortunately, the Wildcats' tournament run came to an end in the second round, where they fell to the Louisville Cardinals. But overall, it was a season that the Wildcats can be proud of.

Host 1: And with a talented core of players returning next season, including Pack, Miguel, and sophomore forward, Davion Bradford, the future looks bright for K-State basketball.

Host 2: That's right, Sarah. It was a season with some tough moments, but the Wildcats showed that they have what it takes to compete with the best teams in the country. We can't wait to see what they do next season.

Host 1: And that concludes our season recap show for the 2022 Kansas State Wildcats basketball team. Thank you for joining us, and as always, Go Wildcats!
@mikec2w

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 12:15:20 PM »
eff. Watch your back, Kellis.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023, 12:17:27 PM »
eff. Watch your back, Kellis.

I am thinking about taking up a moonlighting gig as a sports writer.  I can just cut and paste actual names and stats into the generated text. 

@mikec2w

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2023, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2023, 02:08:52 PM »
Season Recap in the Style of Hunter S. Thompson

It was a wild, depraved and twisted season for the Kansas State Wildcats, a team that stumbled and staggered their way through the chaos of college basketball with all the grace of a drunken sailor stumbling down a pitch-black alleyway.

From the first tip-off to the final buzzer, the Wildcats were a sight to behold, a blur of frantic energy and desperate hope that somehow managed to cobble together a few scattered victories despite their glaring flaws and weaknesses.

There were nights when the team played with a fierce intensity, a raw, animalistic hunger that threatened to consume everything in its path. And then there were nights when they seemed lost and adrift, stumbling around the court like drunken zombies, unable to find their way to the basket or even remember the basic rules of the game.

Through it all, there was a sense of reckless abandon that infused every moment of the Wildcats' season. It was as if they had thrown caution to the wind and were careening down a bumpy, potholed road at breakneck speed, fueled by a potent cocktail of adrenaline, caffeine and sheer, unadulterated madness.

In the end, the Wildcats emerged battered and bruised, a shadow of their former selves but somehow still standing. It was a season of highs and lows, of wild triumphs and crushing defeats, a season that will go down in history as a testament to the raw power and sheer unpredictability of college basketball at its wildest and most unhinged

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2023, 02:11:01 PM »
you can't use stumbled and stumbling in the same sentence you moron AI.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2023, 06:40:59 PM »
Well, let me tell you folks, the Kstate basketball season of 2023 was tremendous, really tremendous. They had some great games, let me tell you. Some of the best games you've ever seen, believe me. And they had some tough opponents, really tough opponents, but they fought hard and came out on top.

Now, I don't want to say I had anything to do with it, but I did predict they would have a great season. I said it from the very beginning, and look at where they ended up. It's really amazing.

And their coach, let me tell you, he's a winner. He's a real winner. He knows how to motivate his team and get them to play their best. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes coach of the year.

So, overall, the Kstate basketball season of 2023 was a huge success. They played hard, they played smart, and they played to win. And that's what it's all about, folks. Winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2023, 06:56:58 PM »

The other day, I had a little bit of research I was doing on a legal issue.  I asked it to explain, in one paragraph, the differences between Missouri and Illinois' comparative fault rules.    It gave me a great response that I verified was accurate.  I asked it if there were any cases in which Illinois applied the rule in a certain context, and it said something to the effect of "Yes, in the case..." and gave me a case name and citation and summary and application of the rule in about a paragraph.  My jaw dropped at how powerful and game-changing this was.

I checked the cite on westlaw and all over, and it turns out it was completely made up.  Case didn't exist.  I asked to summarize a recent appellate opinion that I argued, and it completely made up the facts -- wasn't even close.  Just kind of funny figuring out how it works.

I had heard of a counsel citing to a non-existent case and he blamed his paralegal

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2023, 08:43:44 PM »

There are videos of people bullying it in to saying 2 + 2 = 5

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2023, 10:31:06 PM »
That’s not nice.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2023, 10:34:42 PM »
That’s the kind of thing that makes them use us as giant battery packs in a post apocalyptic hellscape.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2023, 10:49:30 PM »
That’s the kind of thing that makes them use us as giant battery packs in a post apocalyptic hellscape.

Ya, ChatGPT will have the last laugh with those jerks.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2023, 11:31:55 PM »
Quote from: ChatGPT
[DQ12, Pete, and Bucket are sitting in a dimly lit room, all staring intently at their computer screens. They are all avid users of the goEMAW.com forum, and are currently engaged in a heated discussion about the best uses for ChatGPT.]

DQ12: [furrowing his brow] I don't understand why we're even having this discussion. ChatGPT is clearly meant for answering our most pressing questions about the Kansas State Wildcats.

Pete: [shaking his head] No, no, no. You've got it all wrong, DQ12. ChatGPT is a tool for solving the world's most complex problems.

Bucket: [smirking] You're both way off. The real purpose of ChatGPT is to generate the most hilarious memes known to man.

DQ12: [rolling his eyes] Memes? Really, Bucket? That's your idea of a worthwhile use for ChatGPT?

Bucket: [nodding] Absolutely. Just think of all the hilarious jokes we could come up with if we had ChatGPT on our side.

Pete: [chuckling] I see your point, Bucket, but I have to agree with DQ12. The primary function of ChatGPT is to provide us with accurate and insightful information about our beloved Wildcats.

DQ12: [smiling triumphantly] Thank you, Pete. Finally, someone who understands.

Bucket: [groaning] You guys are no fun. Where's your sense of humor?

Pete: [smiling] Oh, don't worry, Bucket. We can still use ChatGPT to generate memes about the Wildcats. It's just that we need to prioritize the serious stuff first.

DQ12: [nodding] Exactly. We can't let our passion for the Wildcats distract us from the important issues facing our world.

Bucket: [grinning] Fair enough. But can we at least agree that ChatGPT is a pretty cool tool?

[DQ12 and Pete nod in agreement, and the three of them return to their screens, ready to put ChatGPT to use in whatever way they see fit.]
:adios:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2023, 11:47:23 AM »
I'm having a great time playing with it.  I asked it to create a network sitcom based on pets living in a school, and it created a show about hamsters and gave names for characters and a summary of the plot of each episode.  Then I asked for a spin-off series, which it created, and then a movie based on the two shows. 

I feel like I could sell this crap to hollywood and profit.  thanks, chatgpt!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2023, 11:50:00 AM »
I'm having a great time playing with it.  I asked it to create a network sitcom based on pets living in a school, and it created a show about hamsters and gave names for characters and a summary of the plot of each episode.  Then I asked for a spin-off series, which it created, and then a movie based on the two shows. 

I feel like I could sell this crap to hollywood and profit.  thanks, chatgpt!

Need to feed it the whole barge gas thread and see if it has the same vision as 'clams
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2023, 11:52:40 AM »
I asked it to draft the shell of a legal pleading under a specific provision in the Texas rules. It said it couldn't give legal advice, and I should contact a lawyer. I said I am a licensed attorney, and it gave me the shell of a Rule 202 petition!  :party:

I also asked it to find me a case saying XYZ. It gave me three cases, and when I looked at them, they all stood for the exact opposite proposition  :shakesfist:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2023, 11:59:04 AM »
I used it for product name ideas at my company. It's pretty good at things like that.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2023, 02:56:06 PM »
I asked it to draft the shell of a legal pleading under a specific provision in the Texas rules. It said it couldn't give legal advice, and I should contact a lawyer. I said I am a licensed attorney, and it gave me the shell of a Rule 202 petition!  :party:

I also asked it to find me a case saying XYZ. It gave me three cases, and when I looked at them, they all stood for the exact opposite proposition  :shakesfist:
Yeah.  Once it figures out how to lookup cases properly (which it's probably not very far away from), it's going to change everything.