TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Jerome Tang Coaches Kansas State Basketball

Glass ceiling

<< < (12/12)

BIG APPLE CAT:

--- Quote from: deputy dawg on March 27, 2023, 04:39:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: EMAWzifried on March 26, 2023, 06:30:41 PM ---More dudes will get us there. The fact we were in the game with the limited minutes Johnson was able to play is amazing.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention 12 for 18 at the free throw line.  FAU claimed 6 more points at the line than we did.

--- End quote ---

and quis was like 10/11 i think. so, rest of team 2 for 7. oof.

wetwillie:

--- Quote from: BIG APPLE CAT on March 27, 2023, 04:43:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: EMAWzifried on March 26, 2023, 06:30:41 PM ---More dudes will get us there. The fact we were in the game with the limited minutes Johnson was able to play is amazing.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention 12 for 18 at the free throw line.  FAU claimed 6 more points at the line than we did.

--- End quote ---

and quis was like 10/11 i think. so, rest of team 2 for 7. oof.

--- End quote ---

KJ missed the front end of multiple 1 and 1’s  so the loss of points is really worse than that.

EMAWzifried:

--- Quote from: EMAWzifried on March 26, 2023, 06:30:41 PM ---More dudes will get us there. The fact we were in the game  h the limited minutes Johnson was able to play is amazing.

--- End quote ---
FAU isn't that good a FT shooting team, but nutted up Saturday. Johnson and Sills had a tendency to miss from the line all season, but were generally reliable late in games. Really, would rather have seen Tomlin or Bae Bae at the line than either of those two.

--- End quote ---

waks:

--- Quote from: MakeItRain on March 26, 2023, 12:09:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: waks on March 26, 2023, 01:04:18 AM ---Just felt like the pieces were falling into place perfectly. Marquis was lined up for tournament POTY. Tang on the way to Naismith COTY (still possible?). Really wanted to face UT in the champ game.

--- End quote ---

I bet him +4000 to win the tournament MOP and I was feeling real good about it. We didn't even have to win the national championship for him to get that.

--- End quote ---
Ha, I did the same thing right after the Sweet Sixteen. Last guy to win MVP on a team that didn't win was Olojuwan in '83 wasn't it?

MakeItRain:

--- Quote from: waks on March 29, 2023, 12:20:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: MakeItRain on March 26, 2023, 12:09:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: waks on March 26, 2023, 01:04:18 AM ---Just felt like the pieces were falling into place perfectly. Marquis was lined up for tournament POTY. Tang on the way to Naismith COTY (still possible?). Really wanted to face UT in the champ game.

--- End quote ---

I bet him +4000 to win the tournament MOP and I was feeling real good about it. We didn't even have to win the national championship for him to get that.

--- End quote ---
Ha, I did the same thing right after the Sweet Sixteen. Last guy to win MVP on a team that didn't win was Olojuwan in '83 wasn't it?

--- End quote ---

That's right

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version