Author Topic: There is something you should know about FAU…  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: There is something you should know about FAU…
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2023, 08:51:10 PM »
We couldn’t beat Florida Atlantic to head to the final 4…

and would have played either Creighton or San Diego State in the final four   :cry:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2023, 08:52:35 PM »
I didn’t see all of them, but I had a hard time arguing with the Keyonte fouls that I did see called. He’s had a hard time adjusting to tightly called games.
Foul trouble for Keyontae has been a horrible omen for us all year long. What an incredibly fun Cat to watch. Alley-opp dunks at critical junctures in games against KU and MSU, buttery soft touch on the jumper and consistent rebounding. All Big XII. One of my all-time favorite Cats.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2023, 08:53:09 PM »
Listened to WyattVision while streaming. Stan said the same ref called the first five fouls on the Cats, maybe first six. Does anyone know who that clown was?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2023, 08:58:16 PM »
Listened to WyattVision while streaming. Stan said the same ref called the first five fouls on the Cats, maybe first six. Does anyone know who that clown was?
Don't know. Must have been bad if Stan commented on it. He doesn't usually complain about officials.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2023, 08:59:12 PM »
We couldn’t beat Florida Atlantic to head to the final 4…

and would have played either Creighton or San Diego State in the final four   :cry:
Such a silly way of thinking. Once you reach the Elite 8, the games are all basically toss ups. That’s exactly why the tournament is so fun to watch.

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2023, 09:00:25 PM »
Does anyone think that fatigue from the last OT game was a factor in the grabbing fouls and missed FTs...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2023, 09:05:20 PM »
Does anyone think that fatigue from the last OT game was a factor in the grabbing fouls and missed FTs...
I think the total number of minutes in the tournament was a factor (including Kentucky)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2023, 09:57:25 PM »
Don't know. Must have been bad if Stan commented on it. He doesn't usually complain about officials.

In contrast to Wyatt, who is a pretty bad whiner and prone to saying things like Nowell had 20 points and 19 rebounds against Michigan State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2023, 10:30:12 PM »
I didn’t see all of them, but I had a hard time arguing with the Keyonte fouls that I did see called. He’s had a hard time adjusting to tightly called games.

The third foul was bad, the fifth was a foul, I guess, but there were lots of similar plays not called. Him trying to take a charge with 3 was ill-advised, to say the least.

N'Guessan's foul calls were much more egregiously awful, particularly the one on the sideline that was a clear flop and should have been a free throw for us. That was literally what they show on there video when demonstrating what a flop is and when to call it. The head throw back was the cherry on top.