Author Topic: Knives  (Read 2452 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Knives
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2023, 12:24:21 PM »
It’s pronounced Mow-Che-Tay. Emphasis on second syllable, hard CHE
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2023, 02:08:18 PM »
look, OK_Cat, as with all things...it depends. The longer and thinner the blade, the more likely it is to slide off a rib either way unless you just happen to hit that thing straight on perpendicular which on a curved bone like a rib is very difficult to do. If you're going the shorter blade route, like say a box cutter for example, then sure, you'll need to give a little more thought into "what do i do if i hit a rib?" and there's almost unanimous consensus that when using a box cutter you'll want to go sharper rather than duller.

The one thing that experts absolutely agree on, though, no matter what kind of knife you're using, is you definitely want there to be some poop on it.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2023, 02:13:38 PM »
Do you guys really have poop knives?

Only when I really want to stick it to an enemy
A dude I am still really good friends with had to cut his poops up in high school to get them to flush, after he got tired of cutting them up he would just put them in a dillions sack and take them out to the trash.
He is in much healthier shape now.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2023, 02:17:06 PM »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2023, 05:12:39 PM »

A dude I am still really good friends with had to cut his poops up in high school to get them to flush, after he got tired of cutting them up he would just put them in a dillions sack and take them out to the trash.

wut

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2023, 10:34:49 AM »

And that’s how you do a knife thread

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 12:04:55 PM »
dudes rock

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2023, 04:24:33 AM »
I got suspended for 3 days in HS for having a pocket knife. IN MEADE KANSAS. Absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2023, 07:42:27 AM »
I got suspended for 3 days in HS for having a pocket knife. IN MEADE KANSAS. Absurd.

Was it because of the knife or because you were using the knife to carve hoots and dongs in the gym bleachers?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2023, 08:54:16 AM »
Just having the knife. Really bullshit case imo.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2023, 10:41:44 AM »
A machete can meet all of your knife needs.  Kitchen, bathroom, and beyond.

You know what, I did not put one on our wedding registry and I am still kicking myself.
I did. It lives in in my garage and I use it once a year to chop down a big giant vine thing that gets kind of unwieldy on our fence. 

Pruners or hedgetrimmers would probably work better, but like I always say, if you can use a machete for the job, you should use a machete for the job.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2023, 02:10:12 PM »

Was it because of the knife or because you were using the knife to carve hoots and dongs in the gym bleachers?

Last week of classes in my freshman year of HS I was carving something into a desk with my pocketknife (could have been hoots and dongs or maybe just my name, don't remember) and somehow I sliced the crap out of my pinky.  It wouldn't stop bleeding so I spent the rest of that class with my arm casually dangling out to the side while more blood dripped on the carpet.  I know the teacher saw me but he was like 80 and didn't care so I didn't get suspended like sd.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2023, 03:06:14 PM »
When I was in high school, local farmers would hire a group of us to walk through their corn, milo, and bean fields to cut out shatter cane, devil claws, and crap like that.  We all bought sweet machetes at the farm store to use.  We made good money and it was usually hot as crap.  The end.
@mikec2w

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2023, 03:14:27 PM »
Any of you cats have an bad person neighbor who planted bamboo in their backyard that predictably started to creep into your yard? Machete (mah-chet-tey) is not just useful as a poop knife.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2023, 03:44:28 PM »
I recently threw away a black Classic SD swiss army knife because I forgot to remove it from my keychain before entering the Orpheum in Wichita.  :curse:
Here's the knife I usually carry: https://www.catpremiumproducts.com/products/cat-6-5-8-tanto-folding-knife

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2023, 04:19:09 PM »
I recently threw away a black Classic SD swiss army knife because I forgot to remove it from my keychain before entering the Orpheum in Wichita.  :curse:
Here's the knife I usually carry: https://www.catpremiumproducts.com/products/cat-6-5-8-tanto-folding-knife
More like TantoCat, amirite?  The branding on that is LOL. I hate partial serrated blades, are you cutting much rope?  Glassbreaker is almost never gonna be used, but would be fun to try it.

What grind are you guys putting on your poop knives, Scandi, vex, hollow grind?  Chisel? (lol, yeah right as if!)

Here is my "dress" EDC;

https://www.benchmade.com/537gy-1-bailout.html

I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2023, 04:52:18 PM »
I bought a MacGyver style Swiss Army knife when I was 9, with my own money, without telling anyone I was doing so.  Mom saw it like 6 months later and she wasn't able to remember if I had permission to get it or not, so I was able to keep it.   I still have that [redacted].  Other than where it was dinged up by my 11 year old dumbass when I used it as a hammer once, it is in perfect shape. 

Unlike MaGyver, I have built zero bombs, I have disabled zero bombs, and I have not made any thermite with it.  I also have not put any poop on it.   

Right now it is my dogfood bag opener, mostly.  Just like MacGyver.

The saw on it is very aggressive.  Lots of teeth and decent room between the teeth.  If I had to stab someone with it, I would probably use that.  The teeth would allow for maximum amount of poop capacity.   

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2023, 05:06:12 PM »
A machete can meet all of your knife needs.  Kitchen, bathroom, and beyond.

You know what, I did not put one on our wedding registry and I am still kicking myself.
I did. It lives in in my garage and I use it once a year to chop down a big giant vine thing that gets kind of unwieldy on our fence. 

Pruners or hedgetrimmers would probably work better, but like I always say, if you can use a machete for the job, you should use a machete for the job.
Well put.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2023, 05:10:16 PM »
Any of you cats have an bad person neighbor who planted bamboo in their backyard that predictably started to creep into your yard? Machete (mah-chet-tey) is not just useful as a poop knife.
Understandable.

If neighbor diplomacy is no longer an option, then go get a badass Stihl chainsaw and fire that rough rider up at 7am on a Saturday and cut your side down to the ground. If your neighbor comments on it, then let him know he can borrow your chainsaw to do his side whenever he wants.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2023, 05:14:54 PM »
I say just enjoy the free bamboo, what's the big friggin' deal?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2023, 05:34:27 PM »

Have you ... never dealt with bamboo before?

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2023, 09:44:08 PM »
absolute best use of a machete

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2023, 10:29:30 PM »

Have you ... never dealt with bamboo before?

Easiest solution is to just cage a panda back there. They eat that crap.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 10:14:58 AM »
More like TantoCat, amirite?  The branding on that is LOL. I hate partial serrated blades, are you cutting much rope?  Glassbreaker is almost never gonna be used, but would be fun to try it.

What grind are you guys putting on your poop knives, Scandi, vex, hollow grind?  Chisel? (lol, yeah right as if!)

Here is my "dress" EDC;

https://www.benchmade.com/537gy-1-bailout.html

I prefer non-serrated as well, but it's come in handy when sawing through cardboard when I haven't sharpened it in a while.  I forget it even has a glass breaker.  It was a cheap find at Menards or some place like that and it does what I need it to do.  It's a little too short for a poop knife though