Author Topic: No sleep till Brooklyn  (Read 8292 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: No sleep till Brooklyn
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 09:11:31 PM »
Yea any idea if you get to watch both Thursday games for that price or just the  qhatz? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 09:11:58 PM »
How hard is it to get tickets?  I'm thinking about it.

I think secondary market will be very reasonable given the teams participating.

The secondary market is already way overpriced, avoid it until the absolute last minute.

Duke and Kentucky fans don't have tickets to unload, they weren't released to them yet. They only tickets they could have ate the limited ones from MSG PSL holders that have been on the market since weeks before Selection Sunday.

The three things you should do are
1. Keep checking ticketmaster regularly for more tickets to be released.
2. Get on the K-State list
3. Contact FAU ticket office

If none of those things work then and only then hit the secondary market on Thursday afternoon, the prices will come down then, they'll remain at a 100-200% markup until then.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 09:13:00 PM »
Yea any idea if you get to watch both Thursday games for that price or just the  qhatz?
Both games, it's a single session

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 09:13:58 PM »
Oh damn didn’t realize Ticketmaster hadn’t blow their load yet for the regional. 

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2023, 09:16:02 PM »

This is what kstate email says fwiw

“This request is for both the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 rounds, and only the sessions in which K-State plays.”   I read that as you only get to watch one game on Thursday if you go thru the ticket office but I could be wrong.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 09:17:32 PM »
I can't say for sure but I bet some Duke and Kentucky fans (and others) snatched up some secondary market tix once the brackets were announced under the assumption that they would go way up if both Duke and Kentucky made it

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2023, 09:20:40 PM »

“This request is for both the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 rounds, and only the sessions in which K-State plays.”   I read that as you only get to watch one game on Thursday if you go thru the ticket office but I could be wrong.
You are wrong. They just copied the language from the opening round games where first round games are two sessions of 2 games at each site and second round is a single session of 2 games. Sweet 16 games are 2 games, 1 session.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 09:22:05 PM »

The other sellers say both games are included. The idea that they could get people to leave between games doesn't make much sense to me.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 09:22:27 PM »
That’s good, $125 for two games is a great deal if they can be secured through the ticket office.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 09:24:54 PM »

You are wrong. They just copied the language from the opening round games where first round games are two sessions of 2 games at each site and second round is a single session of 2 games. Sweet 16 games are 2 games, 1 session.

Tickets through the ticket office are charged by round/session. They only charge for the regional championship if we win on Thursday.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 09:26:30 PM »
Just be aware you will automatically need to pay $125 again for the Elite Eight after we kick the ever loving crap out of Sparty and then it will be for just one game. This happened to me when we played in Charlotte and I couldn't go to the second round.

Also tbh the $150 for lower level is the real steal

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 09:26:57 PM »

Tickets through the ticket office are charged by round/session. They only charge for the regional championship if we win on Thursday.
Yes and it is automatic after we win

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 09:28:29 PM »

Yes and it is automatic after we win

Yep. That's mandated by the NCAA. I believe the winning schools have the first option of buying some or all of the tickets from the losing school.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2023, 09:34:20 PM »
Those of you locals interested in going to T-Mobile for the KC regional, there are secondary tickets much cheaper than face value right now, $200 all session tickets on the lower level. If you haven't gone to the NCAA tournament or a regional final and semifinal you should, it's amazing and that regional is on the opposite days as the east regional.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2023, 10:55:43 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2023, 11:13:35 PM »
Schedulemakers sticking it to tennessee?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2023, 11:46:34 PM »
So like, logistically speaking, does the team fly from North Carolina back to Kansas for like a day then fly out to NYC? Seems like it would make more sense just to go straight to NYC

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2023, 12:26:26 AM »
Gotta ‘cruit some portal kids. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2023, 07:27:31 AM »
If anyone snags an extra through their k-state connects, I’ll be going as a single and would love to pak with one of you fine individuals
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 07:34:28 AM »
If anyone snags an extra through their k-state connects, I’ll be going as a single and would love to pak with one of you fine individuals
There's a slim possibility I'll have an extra (if my request is successful).

Don't know where to Pak around MSG tbh. The KSU watch parties were at a bar about a 10 minute walk from MSG but there's like a billion generic bars closer. Everyone should get together somewhere though! Either at an official KSU or unofficial goEMAW meetup.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 08:07:43 AM »
There's a slim possibility I'll have an extra (if my request is successful).

Don't know where to Pak around MSG tbh. The KSU watch parties were at a bar about a 10 minute walk from MSG but there's like a billion generic bars closer. Everyone should get together somewhere though! Either at an official KSU or unofficial goEMAW meetup.
Cool, let me know. I probably will wait until game day to snag a ticket otherwise.
:adios:

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2023, 08:33:52 AM »
Just realized Quis gets the be @MrNewYorkCityy in NYC. Holy crap he's going to be playing out of his mind
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2023, 08:35:27 AM »
Just realized Quis gets the be @MrNewYorkCityy in NYC. Holy crap he's going to be playing out of his mind

If he’s got a level above what he played at the first weekend, we may win the whole thing.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2023, 08:43:09 AM »
5:30. TBS.