Author Topic: Horned up  (Read 3619 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Horned up
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2023, 10:57:29 PM »
Every KSU game I actually sit down and watch has just an insane amount of turnovers and then Im like how did we win this many Big 12 games?
We're high risk, high reward.  When it flows we can beat anyone, when it doesn't we don't.

This is a big reason I'm excited about the tourney. We get hot and we can make a run at something.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2023, 10:57:59 PM »
Also we are probs gonna be a 3 seed and that is pretty cool, guys.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2023, 10:58:22 PM »
Every KSU game I actually sit down and watch has just an insane amount of turnovers and then Im like how did we win this many Big 12 games?
We're high risk, high reward.  When it flows we can beat anyone, when it doesn't we don't.
I agree with this, which I don’t mind come tourney time, but would have been A LOT nicer to go in with a bit more momentum.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2023, 11:00:13 PM »
Our three starting guards went 2/16 from behind the arc and had a .8 assist to turnover ratio. That will get ya smoked.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2023, 11:03:24 PM »
I don't understand this high risk high reward... the turnovers are sloppy passes,sloppy ball handling and not being able to hang onto the ball and put it in under the hoop... it's not like we have to be  successful with those high risk passes to win a game... I don;t understand...

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2023, 11:14:01 PM »
I don't understand this high risk high reward... the turnovers are sloppy passes,sloppy ball handling and not being able to hang onto the ball and put it in under the hoop... it's not like we have to be  successful with those high risk passes to win a game... I don;t understand...

Maybe if you had the right amount of spaces between words, the right amount of periods for pauses, and an apostrophe instead of a semi colon I could properly respond to this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2023, 11:15:24 PM »

Our guards and they way they handle the basketball is just jet fuel for a hack and grab team like TCU.  That's why they combined for 12 turnovers.  Any opposing team that doesn't come out in the NCAA tourney and force the refs to the blow the whistle while defending our guards is poorly coached and dumb.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2023, 11:15:51 PM »

That's something I hope improves next year even with young guards. Hopefully, it's not going to be a feature of Tang's teams. Johnson had 5 TOs too, but I'm not sure how clear his head was in the 2nd half.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2023, 11:16:39 PM »
i liked the parts where sills was packing everybody left and right.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2023, 11:20:00 PM »

Maybe if you had the right amount of spaces between words, the right amount of periods for pauses, and an apostrophe instead of a semi colon I could properly respond to this.

but then again... maybe not...

I am legally blind and sometimes I mistype and have difficuties typing... bad person....

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2023, 11:24:55 PM »
i liked the parts where sills was packing everybody left and right.

yes those were ofc the pinnacle

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2023, 11:26:34 PM »

I am legally blind and sometimes I mistype and have difficuties typing... bad person....

No need for name calling. I didn't know. Had I known I wouldn't have said anything, I apologize. I have accepted I have a disability with all of my health issues so I empathize a lot more than I used to. My bad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2023, 11:29:06 PM »

I am legally blind and sometimes I mistype and have difficuties typing...

Zack, you ask legit questions.  It's a very feast - famine team, hopefully the best meats and cheeses version shows up for the NCAA tourney

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2023, 11:35:50 PM »

No need for name calling. I didn't know. Had I known I wouldn't have said anything, I apologize. I have accepted I have a disability with all of my health issues so I empathize a lot more than I used to. My bad.

There was no need for your snark response regardless of whether a person has a disability or not... maybe I was just an idiot that was interested finding out others thoughts on a subject but not so good at spelling and sentence structure....if someone is making a good faith effort to communicate I would never play the grammer police to  feel better about myself or feel superior... I guess that's why people do that?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:41:40 PM by zackole1 »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2023, 11:45:10 PM »

There was no need for your snark response regardless of whether a person has a disability or not... maybe I was just an idiot that was interested finding out others thoughts on a subject but not so good at spelling and sentence structure....if someone is making a good faith effort to communicate I would never play the grammer police to make myself feel better about myself or feel superior... I guess that's why people do this?

Do you know where you are on the internet? People give others crap all the time here. So sorry if you can't handle it, don't post here, regardless of your stance on knowing/not knowing if someone has a disability or not. My context was a later night post, grammar errors, after a tough loss. So what's the obvious context answer here? That you had a few too many and mistyped because you were pakd. There was nothing more to it than that. Sorry you took it as more than that, but know where you are posting stuff.

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2023, 11:48:16 PM »

There was no need for your snark response regardless of whether a person has a disability or not... maybe I was just an idiot that was interested finding out others thoughts on a subject but not so good at spelling and sentence structure....if someone is making a good faith effort to communicate I would never play the grammer police to make myself feel better about myself or feel superior... I guess that's why people do this?

Do you know where you are on the internet? People give others crap all the time here. So sorry if you can't handle it, don't post here, regardless of your stance on knowing/not knowing if someone has a disability or not. My context was a later night post, grammar errors, after a tough loss. So what's the obvious context answer here? That you had a few too many and mistyped because you were pakd. There was nothing more to it than that. Sorry it took it as more than that, but know where you are posting stuff.

Oh sure....OK...now I understand...that excuses your behavior... so sorry to question...

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2023, 11:51:16 PM »

Do you know where you are on the internet? People give others crap all the time here. So sorry if you can't handle it, don't post here, regardless of your stance on knowing/not knowing if someone has a disability or not. My context was a later night post, grammar errors, after a tough loss. So what's the obvious context answer here? That you had a few too many and mistyped because you were pakd. There was nothing more to it than that. Sorry it took it as more than that, but know where you are posting stuff.

Oh sure....OK...now I understand...that excuses your behavior... so sorry to question...
What behavior? Being sarcastic on the internet? What else do you want, a handwritten letter saying I’m sorry?

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2023, 11:55:52 PM »

What behavior? Being sarcastic on the internet? What else do you want, a handwritten letter saying I’m sorry?

No... see what I am doing here is giving you crap....  that's what people do here all the time...so sorry if you can't handle it... you're on the internet you know...all in good fun!! 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2023, 11:57:05 PM »
:cheers:

Offline Kelsey_Grammar

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2023, 01:52:28 AM »

There was no need for your snark response regardless of whether a person has a disability or not... maybe I was just an idiot that was interested finding out others thoughts on a subject but not so good at spelling and sentence structure....if someone is making a good faith effort to communicate I would never play the grammer police to  feel better about myself or feel superior... I guess that's why people do that?

Try better next time, champ ...
Perhaps next time you won't be so careless...

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2023, 06:06:46 AM »

They get a lot of turnovers trying to start fast breaks with difficult passes - layup or a dunk if they connect, turnover if they don't. I think the other high risk high reward issue is the fact that Keyontae still can't handle a double but giving him the ball at the wing is arguably our best way to score in half court.

I would argue the team needs a lot of transition points and Keyontae iso's to be successful in the tournament, so we'll just see how it goes and enjoy the company friends along the way.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2023, 09:51:05 AM »
I stopped watching roughly 4 minutes into the second half when we continued to play pinball with the ball. As many said, it's fairly feast/famine with this team, and when they are out of sync it's usually a train wreck.

That being said Desi had a helluva game, and I hope they take the next week to practice taking care of the ball a ton and meld together as a group, it's 6 wins you gotta do.

I just hope we make it to the second weekend.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2023, 09:53:13 AM »
All I really care about is consistently getting to the NCAA’s. It’s a crap shoot tournament and being there consistently means you will have a great run more often.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2023, 10:01:40 AM »

They get a lot of turnovers trying to start fast breaks with difficult passes - layup or a dunk if they connect, turnover if they don't. I think the other high risk high reward issue is the fact that Keyontae still can't handle a double but giving him the ball at the wing is arguably our best way to score in half court.

I would argue the team needs a lot of transition points and Keyontae iso's to be successful in the tournament, so we'll just see how it goes and enjoy the company friends along the way.

We also seem to be good for a few turnovers every game on lazy passes that offer no reward.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2023, 10:04:43 AM »
All I really care about is consistently getting to the NCAA’s. It’s a crap shoot tournament and being there consistently means you will have a great run more often.

regular season confy titles are good indicators of where you are in addition to the safe NCAA bids

We also seem to be good for a few turnovers every game on lazy passes that offer no reward.

for sure, I was specifically addressing the "high-risk, high-reward" question. Obviously you want to minimize those lazy TO's but I don't want to become much less aggressive in transition or cut back Keyontae's touches too much.