General Discussion > The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit

Explain fentanyl to me

(1/30) > >>

Trim:
I see lots of freakouts about fentanyl, a lot of it appearing to be some crap said to justify border walls or whatever.

Is fentanyl a drug that drug users seek out?  Looks more like it’s getting mixed into other drugs. Why? For whose gain? Do drug dealers or someone further up the chain do that because it’s cheaper and they can sell an amount of supposedly some drug at full price when it’s actually some part other drug and other part fentanyl. Is it that, from the perspective of the druggie, that sort of product will get them more mumped up and they’ll prefer that over regular illegal drugs? Does that still make economic sense when you will end up killing off those customers quicker?

Does any of this create any danger to me if I already don’t do any drugs? I’m aware that there might be more/worse zombies around, but if they OD quicker, does it even out?

Basically, I want to know 1) within the drug world, how the economics of this works, and 2) does any of this matter to regular persons?

T-Y.

Asking here on gE because https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=43574.0

Cire:
I think it gets cut in to make watered down opiates more potent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trim:

--- Quote from: Cire on March 01, 2023, 10:05:32 PM ---I think it gets cut in to make watered down opiates more potent

--- End quote ---

For who’s benefit?

michigancat:

--- Quote from: Trim on March 01, 2023, 10:14:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cire on March 01, 2023, 10:05:32 PM ---I think it gets cut in to make watered down opiates more potent

--- End quote ---

For who’s benefit?

--- End quote ---
My guess is it's cheaper than like heroin or whatever. But if it's really easy for your customers to OD on that doesn't seem like the best business move but what do I know.

BIG APPLE CAT:
It is synthetic heroin. I don’t know the mechanism for how it works but for whatever reason it hits that sweet spot of being cheaper than heroin but something like 10x the potency. So when dealers cut their heroin with fentanyl it’s not uncommon for users to O.D.

And there does not appear to be any heroin that is immune to being cut with fentanyl. See: the artist formerly known as Prince.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version