Author Topic: Baylor 2  (Read 3252 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor 2
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »
I really enjoyed watching the 4-guard lineup that the Cats used for much of the game. Desi seems to have a strong interest in rebounding. I'm pretty LBBIQ but it seemed like the offense was getting much better looks for most of the game.

Desi has a strong interest in making winning plays. He’s been huge for us in so many ways.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2023, 11:48:43 AM »
I really enjoyed watching the 4-guard lineup that the Cats used for much of the game. Desi seems to have a strong interest in rebounding. I'm pretty LBBIQ but it seemed like the offense was getting much better looks for most of the game.

Desi has a strong interest in making winning plays. He’s been huge for us in so many ways.

Yeah, i say for him there is no question his motor/desire, just some execution (which will come in due time)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2023, 11:52:43 AM »

2 time state champion in HS, if you forget Fran Frachilla will remind you weekly.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2023, 12:10:37 PM »

2 time state champion in HS, if you forget Fran Frachilla will remind you weekly.
He's a winner
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2023, 12:26:26 PM »

I like how Fran has factoids that he brings up again and again.

Another vid of the cell phone Sandstorming from last nite:

https://twitter.com/kstatesports/status/1628449697424613378?s=20

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2023, 12:30:39 PM »
Desi also basically c-walked on the court, which was awesome.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2023, 12:46:28 PM »
Shame Desi has no outside shot, he’s an athletic freak with an unreal motor.  Probably the toughest SOB we have had in a long time on the court.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2023, 12:48:24 PM »
Shame Desi has no outside shot, he’s an athletic freak with an unreal motor.  Probably the toughest SOB we have had in a long time on the court.

He has a Frank-era demeanor and I love it.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2023, 12:55:47 PM »

Is it too much to call him McGruder-esqe? Like a McGruder who doesn't shoot the ball that well from outside?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2023, 12:57:42 PM »
Best offense though and we held them under 1  ppp in the second half and at 1 for the game!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:03:49 PM by Cire »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2023, 01:30:45 PM »
It was nice to see cam put that ball through the hoop with some authority last night. He just needs a bit of confidence.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2023, 01:33:01 PM »
I enjoyed seeing all the dark/phone sandstorm vids on Twitter. This was probably my fave. Got a little anxious to stop the wave and start first pumping, but I'm not hatin'!

https://twitter.com/ksu_FAN/status/1628204027249938433?t=fpCrkZcJNqAhCVfOljXz3w&s=19

They did an amazing job of getting something that looks reasonably cool and the old people will participate in.

Can't believe your fans got peer pressured into dropping the F-KU chant. Hilarious.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2023, 01:37:14 PM »
It was nice to see cam put that ball through the hoop with some authority last night. He just needs a bit of confidence.

Yea he’s got a bright future with his athleticism and measurables if he can put it all together.  Have high hopes for him next year.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2023, 01:38:30 PM »
I enjoyed seeing all the dark/phone sandstorm vids on Twitter. This was probably my fave. Got a little anxious to stop the wave and start first pumping, but I'm not hatin'!

https://twitter.com/ksu_FAN/status/1628204027249938433?t=fpCrkZcJNqAhCVfOljXz3w&s=19

They did an amazing job of getting something that looks reasonably cool and the old people will participate in.

Can't believe your fans got peer pressured into dropping the F-KU chant. Hilarious.

Jerome Tang is our better, not our peer. Nice to see our fanbase has the wisdom to listen to him.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2023, 01:43:14 PM »
He came to elevate

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2023, 01:46:01 PM »

I mean, it didn't cost anything like carpeting over a historic track in our football stadium

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2023, 01:53:19 PM »

I mean, it didn't cost anything like carpeting over a historic track in our football stadium
imagine when they pull it up to expose the original hardwoods.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2023, 02:12:00 PM »

This was the exact analogy I was hinting at. Thank you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2023, 02:36:08 PM »

Is it too much to call him McGruder-esqe? Like a McGruder who doesn't shoot the ball that well from outside?

Yes, it's way too much because the shooting is what Rod did the best and what Desi does the worst. I'm not sure what you're left with when you have a poor shooting Rodney McGruder. Desi doesn't defend as well as Rod did either.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2023, 02:41:10 PM »
Desi is not as long and has much more swag but his rebounding and willingness to do the dirty work remind me of Akeem Wright, a great glue guy for Hugs who also could not shoot

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2023, 03:12:26 PM »
This is a different team when Tomlin and Desi are playing aggressively. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2023, 03:21:13 PM »

Yes, it's way too much because the shooting is what Rod did the best and what Desi does the worst. I'm not sure what you're left with when you have a poor shooting Rodney McGruder. Desi doesn't defend as well as Rod did either.

Or rebound. Rod was the equivalent of a 5-tool baseball player. Desi is like a utility man with tons of swagger and tenacity. Rod was very stoic. Desi wears his jyc attitude/heart on his sleeve.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2023, 03:37:56 PM »
The cell phones, the cutting of the lights. Great stuff.

I do NOT like the process of *opposing timeout* into 30 seconds of buildup before sandstorm crescendo.  Fistpumping should be happening within a few seconds of the timeout, IMO.  I think you lose some of it when you take the time between the timeout to get out your cell phone and turn on your flashlight and sway around for half a minute. Just my IMHO. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2023, 03:39:29 PM »

This is brilliant and the copium reply from Spracs was 1000% #onbrand

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2023, 04:13:23 PM »
The Sandstorm craze/noise lasted well into play, right up until a ticky tack foul was called on us during Baylor's first possession after the time out.  If we didn't get that foul called, our fans may have ended Baylor's chances right then and there.