Author Topic: Battle with Boomer  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Battle with Boomer
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2023, 05:04:17 PM »
This was all foretold in the Book of MakeItRain. Keep the faith, cats fans.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2023, 06:34:56 PM »
Our starters aren’t playing anymore minutes than the other teams in the top 5 with the exception of KU who plays more.

Marquis and JOHNSON are 1st and 3rd in the league in minutes and they are probably more valuable to our success than any other team's best duo in the league. (probably, I don't watch anyone else). They are both tired and no one else could be considered an above-average Big 12 player (other than TOMLIN sometimes).

******CORRECTED AFTER BRAIN FART*****
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 07:58:21 PM by michigancat »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2023, 07:04:51 PM »
Our starters aren’t playing anymore minutes than the other teams in the top 5 with the exception of KU who plays more.

Marquis and Nowell are 1st and 3rd in the league in minutes and they are probably more valuable to our success than any other team's best duo in the league. (probably, I don't watch anyone else). They are both tired and no one else could be considered an above-average Big 12 player (other than Nowell sometimes).

I think those are the same person
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2023, 07:33:43 PM »
 :ROFL:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2023, 07:34:40 PM »
Lol what am I doing

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2023, 10:40:01 PM »
 :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2023, 10:50:48 PM »
I had family members in text chains telling me to "have faith and patience" and they "liked the Tang hire" after I told them we are playing like garbage and that Tang hasn't impressed me with his adjustments over the last month and was getting clowned by other coaches.  Two mutually exclusive things.  Sometimes our fans are so brainwashed they refuse to hear criticism.  I never once said I wanted Tang fired or anything close to that.  It's amazing what people choose to hear/read/comprehend.  Makes it hard to be a fan sometimes when you deal with so many people who can't take off the purple sunglasses and look at a situation objectively.

With all due respect, this is stupid. If you're claiming "he's getting clowned by coaches" you're going to need to provide details on that. What are coaches doing to clown him, what adjustments is he needing to make that he isn't? Presumably these coaches are doing something different each game given personnel. What did Tang do in the first Texas Tech game that he didn't the second, what adjustments did Adams make that Tang couldn't figure out?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2023, 11:04:29 AM »
I had family members in text chains telling me to "have faith and patience" and they "liked the Tang hire" after I told them we are playing like garbage and that Tang hasn't impressed me with his adjustments over the last month and was getting clowned by other coaches.  Two mutually exclusive things.  Sometimes our fans are so brainwashed they refuse to hear criticism.  I never once said I wanted Tang fired or anything close to that.  It's amazing what people choose to hear/read/comprehend.  Makes it hard to be a fan sometimes when you deal with so many people who can't take off the purple sunglasses and look at a situation objectively.

With all due respect, this is stupid. If you're claiming "he's getting clowned by coaches" you're going to need to provide details on that. What are coaches doing to clown him, what adjustments is he needing to make that he isn't? Presumably these coaches are doing something different each game given personnel. What did Tang do in the first Texas Tech game that he didn't the second, what adjustments did Adams make that Tang couldn't figure out?

Getting clowned = getting outcoached.  Leads are blown.  Players are not adjusting to the game.  Putting Keyontae in position to pick up two quick fouls in first 3 minutes of games.  Last game we were double teaming down low and giving them wide open looks at 3.  OU missed in the 1st half on 3's but was killing us in the 2nd.  Moser stuck with his gameplan as he saw the potential if those 3's started going in.  Why are we not adjusting to that?  Why are we blowing a 10-point lead to Texas at home?   

It's a bad stretch, but a lot of points of failure we are not fixing.  Tang is getting outcoached because the other coaches are exposing our weaknesses (Keyontae's aggressiveness driving to basket, Nowell's careless passing, team's over-aggressive style of play, etc.).  Have you noticed the opposing teams anticipating all these bad Nowell drive passes?  Turnovers are out of control.  Some of these guys would have been benched during the Huggins/Martin days. 

We've only beat a Miles Jr.-less team at home since Jan 21st.  We have a good team, but they are in a funk and the coaches haven't figured out how to get past it (yet).  I think Tang will figure it out (I think).   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2023, 12:19:20 PM »
I think you can make a solid argument that Tangs coaching made a group of players that had no business being at the top of the league look a lot better than they are in the first half of the season. Then the league inevitably adjusted and he has no counter.  The one thing that has been concerning for me is watching Cam Carter regress, he was shooting decently from 3 and breaking people down off the dribble and now is dribbling it off his foot and shooting airballs.  I had high hopes for him next year being a seasoned guard and now I don’t know what to expect.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2023, 12:23:09 PM »
I think you can make a solid argument that Tangs coaching made a group of players that had no business being at the top of the league look a lot better than they are in the first half of the season. Then the league inevitably adjusted and he has no counter.  The one thing that has been concerning for me is watching Cam Carter regress, he was shooting decently from 3 and breaking people down off the dribble and now is dribbling it off his foot and shooting airballs.  I had high hopes for him next year being a seasoned guard and now I don’t know what to expect.

A very large amount of next year's success rely on two freshman guards, imo. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2023, 12:29:36 PM »
I think it will be transfers imo, Dai Dai and RJ will play but if they are 30 minutes a game players next year we are in trouble.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2023, 12:32:09 PM »
I think it will be transfers imo, Dai Dai and RJ will play but if they are 30 minutes a game players next year we are in trouble.

Agreed.  Will be interesting to see how it mixes up.  I would love if Dai Dai and RJ could be that player, however the odds are against even one of them being that, let alone both.

I am looking forward to Colbert playing. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2023, 12:34:31 PM »
I hope Nguessan isn’t perpetually injured.  I liked what I saw from him healthy.  Tang has talked up Manning too. I’m hoping this year is the least talented roster Tang coaches at KSU.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2023, 12:51:54 PM »
I keep seeing the thread title and thinking it's a pit thread for dax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2023, 12:53:29 PM »
Swiss army knife type title for sure.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2023, 01:02:22 PM »
I hope Nguessan isn’t perpetually injured.  I liked what I saw from him healthy.  Tang has talked up Manning too. I’m hoping this year is the least talented roster Tang coaches at KSU.
N'Guessan has one more year of eligibility, right?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2023, 01:08:16 PM »
I keep seeing the thread title and thinking it's a pit thread for dax

:lol:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2023, 01:31:59 PM »
N'Guessan has one more year of eligibility, right?

I think so.  We are losing KJ, Nowell, Bay Bay, Greene, Desi  for sure.   Wouldn’t surprise me if Ish moves on.   With 3 coming in probably looking at 2 transfer guards and a wing.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2023, 01:38:14 PM »
lolz

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2023, 01:40:06 PM »
I still have faith this team is going to get it together and give us more thrills.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2023, 02:08:44 PM »
I still have faith this team is going to get it together and give us more thrills.

Oh, for sure.