Poll

Are you satisfied with how the balloon has been handled?

Yes
18 (72%)
No
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: February 06, 2023, 06:33:55 PM

Author Topic: Are you satisfied with how the balloon has been handled?  (Read 4621 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Are you satisfied with how the balloon has been handled?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 09:41:05 AM »
fr the seamless, perfectly lubricated pivot from “BIDEN IS JUST LETTING THIS THING SPY ON US?!?!? to “BIDEN SHOT IT DOWN?!? IS HE JUST TRYING TO START WWIII?!?!?” And then the pièce de résistance is Dax clamoring about saying if this happened on trumps watch that neocongE would be doing 20+ pages per day. I’m here for it

lmao

https://twitter.com/MichaelSalfino/status/1622251287889809409?s=20&t=lgZCXNmtN-a6XWquvfvo3A

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2023, 09:48:11 AM »
fr the seamless, perfectly lubricated pivot from “BIDEN IS JUST LETTING THIS THING SPY ON US?!?!? to “BIDEN SHOT IT DOWN?!? IS HE JUST TRYING TO START WWIII?!?!?” And then the pièce de résistance is Dax clamoring about saying if this happened on trumps watch that neocongE would be doing 20+ pages per day. I’m here for it

lmao

https://twitter.com/MichaelSalfino/status/1622251287889809409?s=20&t=lgZCXNmtN-a6XWquvfvo3A

:lol: :lol:  "briefly transitioned"

Joe was never going to say a word, they were forced to deal with it because citizens of these United States reported sighting the balloon

Flying over massive swaths of our most sensitive military bases vs "briefly transitioned"

You decide

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2023, 10:49:03 AM »
Grenell posts require a #blueanon/#blueanongE/#armchairneocon/#neocongE trigger warning . . . so, trigger warning

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1622256820277620736?s=20&t=eanuAo493Ugbel73EW5M4w

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2023, 12:19:11 PM »
One day they’re chomping at the bit to send arms to every uber corrupt shithole across the globe, the next day they’re enraged that people are sorta upset because their feeble leader allowed our nation’s primary geo-strategic adversary to fly a spy ballon across nearly every major military installation in these United States . . . These are the life and times of #neocongE

I don't know about "chomping," but I'm definitely champing at the bit, myself. Also, lol at "nearly every major military installation."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2023, 12:21:27 PM »
Look at that massive debris field!!  Clearly there's simply no way a trillion dollar (annual) defense and intelligence complex could have safely brought that down in Western Montana, or over areas with a population density of less than .4 people per square kilometer.  Just wait until its just off one of the most densely populated stretches of coast line in these United States.

https://fb.watch/ivH6uJrU2_/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2023, 12:23:07 PM »
One day they’re chomping at the bit to send arms to every uber corrupt shithole across the globe, the next day they’re enraged that people are sorta upset because their feeble leader allowed our nation’s primary geo-strategic adversary to fly a spy ballon across nearly every major military installation in these United States . . . These are the life and times of #neocongE

I don't know about "chomping," but I'm definitely champing at the bit, myself. Also, lol at "nearly every major military installation."

Because we're embarrassed by the inaction of President Ensure and are in full deflectocon mode, we'll decide what is and isn't a major military installation!!  Spracs and #slowdog on behalf of #neocongE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2023, 12:34:29 PM »
The no vote is me. Real talk is that if we were shooting it down we should have shot it down over Montana, it wouldn't have hit jack crap. If we're being real real, they should have shot it down when it crossed into our airspace off the Pacific coast, the government knew it was there.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2023, 12:44:15 PM »
The no vote is me. Real talk is that if we were shooting it down we should have shot it down over Montana, it wouldn't have hit jack crap. If we're being real real, they should have shot it down when it crossed into our airspace off the Pacific coast, the government knew it was there.
Agee with that, but my assumption is we had reasons for keeping it afloat related to observation/intelligence/research. Of course I’m not aware of the military providing such a justification, but I also wouldn’t expect them to.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2023, 12:48:33 PM »
Such a great movie.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2023, 12:57:03 PM »
Agee with that, but my assumption is we had reasons for keeping it afloat related to observation/intelligence/research. Of course I’m not aware of the military providing such a justification, but I also wouldn’t expect them to.

You're probably right. I don't see what there is to lose by telling the Americans, worried about a spy balloon flying over the country, that we're keeping it up to perform counter intelligence. It's not like China doesn't know that's exactly what we were doing.

Ultimately, this is not a big deal, as most people know, we are being spied on in a hell of a lot more direct ways than a balloon and by a hell of a lot more governments than China.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2023, 12:59:03 PM »

Praise be to Google and the Internet that has brought back a word that was nearly extinct.   :thumbsup:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2023, 01:06:24 PM »

You're probably right. I don't see what there is to lose by telling the Americans, worried about a spy balloon flying over the country, that we're keeping it up to perform counter intelligence. It's not like China doesn't know that's exactly what we were doing.

Ultimately, this is not a big deal, as most people know, we are being spied on in a hell of a lot more direct ways than a balloon and by a hell of a lot more governments than China.

We are spied upon from Space primarily because we prefer as do our potential adversaries to only have a very limited space war . . . and there is a very limited space war.  Killer satellites tracking spy satellites, development of ground and sub-orbital anti-satellite systems,  the U.S. and others using lasers to blind satellites when they fly over sensitive installations, research into space based kinetic energy weapons etc. etc. etc.

Nobody is attempting to spy on us from 50K feet . . . besides the Chinese (as far as we know)

So the whole "it's no big deal, they spy on us from space" is just a deflection and I've documented why low altitude spying can be very effective in this blog, and how our very own DOD has and continues to research spy balloons and balloon based technology platforms. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2023, 01:20:02 PM »

Praise be to Google and the Internet that has brought back a word that was nearly extinct.   :thumbsup:

Nevertheless, it's the correct usage. Do you even Middle English, bro?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2023, 03:58:35 PM »

Dudes got Old Timers, cut him some slack

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2023, 04:04:13 PM »
Look at that massive debris field!!  Clearly there's simply no way a trillion dollar (annual) defense and intelligence complex could have safely brought that down in Western Montana, or over areas with a population density of less than .4 people per square kilometer.  Just wait until its just off one of the most densely populated stretches of coast line in these United States.

https://fb.watch/ivH6uJrU2_/

If you think for one second that John Dutton is going to let the feds on his land then you’re quite dumb

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2023, 04:09:33 PM »

Dudes got Old Timers, cut him some slack
Goodness, that’s just awful posting. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2023, 04:10:11 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2023, 04:11:44 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2023, 04:31:23 PM »
That’s p good Dax
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2023, 06:47:36 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2023, 09:09:14 PM »
As President Ensure’s administration rolls 7/7 in both gaslighting and Deflectocon mode.

The “it happened under Trump” narrative vacillates between Chinese balloons:  Sorta came close to the US, entered US airspace a little bit, flew across the US. 

Needless to say #blueanon political and thought leaders are rollin hard with the 3rd option and rank and file #blueanon are parroting it hard across all channels 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2023, 11:21:19 AM »
i slept very well last night knowing that the reign of terror was over