Author Topic: PHOG GEMS!  (Read 3325 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
PHOG GEMS!
« on: January 18, 2023, 12:05:03 PM »
I've never done this before, I'll do my best.  I'm not going to put snarky comments between the posts, just going to copy paste the ones I think are great.

Mostly Fran hate, whining about refs, and for some reason hating our rims.

I had no plans to bet on this game, then draft kings forced it upon me by offering a 50% profit boost. It would be mathematically stupid not to give it a go, and obviously I’m not going to bet on KSU. So get it done, boys!

god damn fran again

Bravery is wearing lavender in public.

Can Wilson get a fuggin call on a drive

Lol at Nowell flexing at KJ of all people. Little punk

Wilson isn’t gonna get a call so he better get used to it.

They need to call the contact on BOTH ends

I mean, Johnston was beat, Jalen drove to the spot and Johnston forearm shoved Wilson's arms during a shot attempt, no call.

College officials just refuse to do their jobs over and over again.

Johnson looks like your average prison mugshot.

It’s amazing how much they give in to the home crowd and refuse to call things on the home team.

Next time Jihnson drives amd flexes he needs an elbow to the throat

Nowell is a little midget biatch.

That smile by Gradey told me he's about to whip out his dlck

Fran should just put on a purple cheerleader outfit and grab some pom poms. ******** clown.

Sills is such an out of control player

Give KSU a T for being incompetent and for the PA announcer being a Dbag

HALFTIME!

The sheer existence of KU Med should make those KSU "We own this state" signs irrelevant.

Johnson is a punk

Should rims be rattling that much? That rim is shaking so much on every shot.

******* county fair rim on this basket

Rims are a hell of lot tighter than the livestock in Manhattan.

Sometimes Gradey has like this meth mouth looking thing going on

Shut the ***** up Fran

Can Fran just get a throat infection for the rest of the year

Im glad there is a commercial promoting boner pills and talking about “getting hard and staying hard” during the game. Perfect for families.

That Johnson is a dick

This has been outrageous officiating all season long, and we're the defending national champs.

fran can take a look at my nut sack!!

Johnson talikg trash to Jaylen after the oop-- should be a tech

The officials cost us this game 10 times over. It's that simple

Hanni on radio says K-State fans on court with all kinds of abusive language and gestures toward KU after the game.

Employers wipe their asses with resumes referencing KSCC - Mantucky. Fact. Go back to the feedlot, sh()t stained hayseed.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PHOG GEMS!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 12:24:14 PM »
TY for sharing.

The Fran stuff is funny cause after KU started chipping away at KSU’s lead in the first half I felt like he was commenting on the game as if KU was up 20 even though they only led for like 3 minutes ever.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: PHOG GEMS!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 12:25:23 PM »
Was shocked but not surprised by the level of :opcat: in that selection of comments. Really makes me not want to :tsc: so hard anymore.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 12:27:45 PM »
TY for sharing.

The Fran stuff is funny cause after KU started chipping away at KSU’s lead in the first half I felt like he was commenting on the game as if KU was up 20 even though they only led for like 3 minutes ever.
Big 12 fans complaining about Fran seems really weird to me. He seems to have worked hard to learn about all of the teams and players. I think he is fine.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 12:32:12 PM »
Missed the one where a poster called our players "homos"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 12:33:45 PM »
i got a little bored at times and probably missed some good stuff.  they had several pages in a row bitching about fran, i skipped through some of that.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 12:35:32 PM »
There is a Fran thread and it's hilarious. Basically squawks have such high bbiq that other fanbases just can't pick up on all the Fran ku slights
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 12:37:36 PM »
i got a little bored at times and probably missed some good stuff.  they had several pages in a row bitching about fran, i skipped through some of that.

Valiant effort!    :Woot:. Thanks!
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 01:01:01 PM »
TY for sharing.

Big 12 fans complaining about Fran seems really weird to me. He seems to have worked hard to learn about all of the teams and players. I think he is fine.
I don’t have any issues with him. Really I don’t have issues with any announcer (other than ones that try to force stupid catch phrases) because I don’t appreciate nuances that coaches see. I just watch for fun.

I just thought the perspective was funny because I really cannot imagine what their gripe is in this case.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 01:06:24 PM »
FInished OT playing 6 on 2 and lost by one. The fouls called on KU defending on the perimeter were so bad just giving KSU free points when they were nowhere near scoring.

If you are going to call WIlson for what he did on Keyonte you gotta give Harris the call on the final drive. KJs last foul was trash too.

Guy shoves Grady down on a drive to get a layup and nothing

Same time we missed enough free throws to finish up 7 or 8 in regulation.

We are so much better than KSU .

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 01:07:35 PM »
i am hoping us losing by only 1 despite having 3 starters foul out and another who looked like he got a concussion means we are better than i thought, but i fear it only means k state isnt as good as we thought

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »
TY for sharing.

I don’t have any issues with him. Really I don’t have issues with any announcer (other than ones that try to force stupid catch phrases) because I don’t appreciate nuances that coaches see. I just watch for fun.

I just thought the perspective was funny because I really cannot imagine what their gripe is in this case.

Fran can seem a little full of himself sometimes, at least to me anyway. But overall he is really really good. He cares about Big 12 and seems to give a crap. After years of sitting through Bobby Knight, this is much much better.

KU fans just can't stand that he doesn't suck their knobs 24/7.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2023, 01:59:34 PM »
Their margin of victory in Big 12 play is:

2, 3, 14 (I believe right when WVU fired the assistant head coach), 4, and 2.

So the whole "we're so much better than K-State" angle is very fascinating to me.

Everyone goes into AFH expecting the phantom calls/no calls to strike at any moment depending on the ebb and flow of the game.   Everyone goes into AFH expecting to have one if not several key players get hit with ticky-tack calls at critical junctures in the game.  Fran speaks to this truth, and it pisses them off.  They beat us a few years back because the refs just let a dude run down the court with the  ball like it was Kindergarten church league basketball.  Even NBA players turned away in horror.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023, 02:04:50 PM »
FInished OT playing 6 on 2 and lost by one. The fouls called on KU defending on the perimeter were so bad just giving KSU free points when they were nowhere near scoring.

If you are going to call WIlson for what he did on Keyonte you gotta give Harris the call on the final drive. KJs last foul was trash too.

Guy shoves Grady down on a drive to get a layup and nothing

Same time we missed enough free throws to finish up 7 or 8 in regulation.

We are so much better than KSU .
not gE'ing here: Is any coach in the college game better than Self at cowering refs into submission?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2023, 02:12:56 PM »
Their margin of victory in Big 12 play is:

2, 3, 14 (I believe right when WVU fired the assistant head coach), 4, and 2.

Yeah, this cracks me up when they keep saying how they'll blow us out there.  Maybe they will, but they haven't really blown out any B12 school there this year.  If they do, it'll only be because we are their Super Bowl.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2023, 02:19:43 PM »
Bottomline is if we could hit a f'ing FT from time to time, this wouldn't have happened. I did think the officiating was bad, but it affected both teams.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2023, 02:23:23 PM »
Bottomline is if we could hit a f'ing FT from time to time, this wouldn't have happened. I did think the officiating was bad, but it affected both teams.

Yeah, we would also perform better if we would make more of our shots. Weird.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2023, 02:33:14 PM »

I don't care enough to look up the stats, but our FT shooting was terrible.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2023, 03:21:13 PM »

I don't care enough to look up the stats, but our FT shooting was terrible.

70%.... it really wasn't that bad. Your 3pt % was a bigger reason for the loss than FTs.  We shot 78% fwiw

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »
Dick sucking was awesome!  :fatty:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2023, 03:30:26 PM »
I propose a new advanced stat for basketball, we can call it clutch free throw rate or cFTR and it factors in how clutch of a free throw it is. I suppose to evaluate this it would need to be a factor of how close the game is and how much time is left in the game. Could also put extra weight on the front end of 1and1s

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2023, 03:48:27 PM »
I propose a new advanced stat for basketball, we can call it clutch free throw rate or cFTR and it factors in how clutch of a free throw it is. I suppose to evaluate this it would need to be a factor of how close the game is and how much time is left in the game. Could also put extra weight on the front end of 1and1s

over time it would be roughly identical to FT%. Maybe slightly different because of fatigue but not much.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2023, 04:10:51 PM »
While doing a gems thread is great not having the commentary left me feeling a little empty.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2023, 04:30:20 PM »
Johnson looks like your average prison mugshot.

:opcat:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 04:31:21 PM »
While doing a gems thread is great not having the commentary left me feeling a little empty.

I'm just not really that funny, but i didn't feel like anyone was going to give us the sweet, sweet tears.