Author Topic: Ok State game  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Ok State game
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2023, 10:24:05 PM »
Just rewatched the last 3 min after getting back from lil kids' basketball. Mrs SSOC said "These guys are beyond junkyard cats, they are like Classy Junkyard Cats."

Have we ever had 3 players on a team at the same time as good as 1, 11 and 35?

Beasley, Walker, Pullen; Pullen, Denis, Kelly; Mitch, Henson, Will Smth; Evans, Blackman, Redding; so yeah

edit: Will Scott,  not Smith. Also, Wade, Brown, Xavier
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:51:14 AM by EMAWzifried »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023, 10:31:32 PM »
Just rewatched the last 3 min after getting back from lil kids' basketball. Mrs SSOC said "These guys are beyond junkyard cats, they are like Classy Junkyard Cats."

Have we ever had 3 players on a team at the same time as good as 1, 11 and 35?

Beasley, Walker, Pullen; Pullen, Denis, Kelly; Mitch, Henson, Will Smth; Evans, Blackman, Redding; so yeah
The season is still young...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2023, 10:33:37 PM »
we got some favorable calls in the last few minutes, especially the shot clock violation when osu had possession and were leading a break with numbers to take the lead.  but whatever, blue blood programs get calls, idgaf if lower tier programs get hurt on our path to the final four

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2023, 11:12:30 PM »
That Oklahoma State team is, I think, exactly what we were hoping we would be before the season started. They are JYC AF, and long! I don't think we are JYC, too Showtime Lakers'y to be JYC.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2023, 11:18:09 PM »
ya they’re a good tier 2 team imo

definitely not tier 1 but getting better all the time, they should be proud of themselves

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2023, 06:07:33 AM »
Just read that second chance points were 16-0 in favor of OSU.

We’ve got to figure it a way to be better on the glass.

Kansas might have 40 second chance points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2023, 06:33:07 AM »
That Oklahoma State team is, I think, exactly what we were hoping we would be before the season started. They are JYC AF, and long! I don't think we are JYC, too Showtime Lakers'y to be JYC.
We get outworked way too much to be a JYC. Frank probably would have had Keyontae on the bench as we lost by double digits because he didn't hustle down a random loose ball in the first half instead of making one of the most amazing KSU basketball moments in history

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2023, 06:33:47 AM »
But I don't really care, it's too much fun and we are winning too much to care

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2023, 07:23:10 AM »
Just read that second chance points were 16-0 in favor of OSU.

We’ve got to figure it a way to be better on the glass.

Kansas might have 40 second chance points

Yes, second chance we have to be better one, both sides of the court
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2023, 07:25:51 AM »
When will Nguessan get out of his full body cast is the million dollar question
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2023, 08:16:20 AM »
Tomlin has had the yips the last 3 games and we don't have N'Guessan.  At least one of those will resolve itself soon.  Either will help a bunch with second chance points.  Paint d is def our weakness right now. 

My biggest concern is running ShortKing (so accurately named by my daughter) too much and not having an adequate back up.  I don't want to grind him out before tournaments start. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2023, 09:48:43 AM »
Tomlin has had the yips the last 3 games and we don't have N'Guessan.  At least one of those will resolve itself soon.  Either will help a bunch with second chance points.  Paint d is def our weakness right now. 

My biggest concern is running ShortKing (so accurately named by my daughter) too much and not having an adequate back up.  I don't want to grind him out before tournaments start.

Getting real worried about N'Guessan, every time we see him, he seems to have another mobility device.

I don't think you have to be worried about Nowell at all. As long as he doesn't get hurt, he won't wear down from use. He's not taking punishment in the post and this is 5th year of college basketball, he's averaged at least 30 mpg every year, including his true freshman year, he's well conditioned.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2023, 09:53:02 AM »
I want to say that I thought Sills was really solid. He just always seemed like a cool customer when things seemed about to go off the rails

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2023, 09:55:39 AM »
Guys, that oop live was bonkers.. went home and watched it another few times

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2023, 10:00:14 AM »
We get outworked way too much to be a JYC. Frank probably would have had Keyontae on the bench as we lost by double digits because he didn't hustle down a random loose ball in the first half instead of making one of the most amazing KSU basketball moments in history

I've been waiting my whole life for a team talented enough to get outworked but still win.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2023, 10:10:44 AM »

Getting real worried about N'Guessan, every time we see him, he seems to have another mobility device.

I don't think you have to be worried about Nowell at all. As long as he doesn't get hurt, he won't wear down from use. He's not taking punishment in the post and this is 5th year of college basketball, he's averaged at least 30 mpg every year, including his true freshman year, he's well conditioned.
https://twitter.com/coachreem4ever/status/1613035726106394624?s=46&t=rKRBpXwq0e2h6yyhD5k9Ig

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2023, 10:17:53 AM »
That's a baller, and if I'm being honest, I'm a little scared.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2023, 10:31:37 AM »
I want to say that I thought Sills was really solid. He just always seemed like a cool customer when things seemed about to go off the rails

Yes, rusty! It will get lost but he was fantastic last night, his best game as a cat.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2023, 10:59:24 AM »

Totally agree.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Ok State game
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2023, 11:07:07 AM »

Totally agree.
Yep, well put by MIR

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2023, 11:15:06 AM »

Desi loves the crowd. Maybe more than the game. He was eating it up last night. He was my player of the game last night. He was great.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2023, 11:16:12 AM »
I still don’t think we are getting the highest and best form out of Tomlin and Carter yet and if the coaching staff can unlock that you could make an argument we are good enough to go toe to toe with anyone in the country.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2023, 11:19:15 AM »

Agree. He is unbelievably tough, and shows all the signs of a real team player. A real glue guy, Cam Carter shows some of this as well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2023, 08:06:38 AM »
ruined a perfectly good tweet with the "nobody:" format but still p good

https://twitter.com/QB1TATT00/status/1613594573065822209?s=20&t=rW3Aj5uUvGtqsjMFXlb1hw