Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30515 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Tomlins absolutely going to a legit P5 program.

Do you know something or speculating?

I saw some internet rumors about Mich. State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's basketball so ChiCat, should have said P6 program, plus high major programs outside of the P6, like Memphis. It's a given, he would be a top 25 player if he was a on cycle portal player.

He's in Memphis, will likely go there.

I bet he'll take multiple visits.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

It's basketball so ChiCat, should have said P6 program, plus high major programs outside of the P6, like Memphis. It's a given, he would be a top 25 player if he was a on cycle portal player.

Oh I have no doubt about his ability, I was questioning if what got him kicked off the team might be a factor

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm speculating.  No way he did anything bad enough to keep him away from another program.  It took KSU way too long to do anything, they only did something when the president's feelings got hurt, the cops laughed the charges off, and it's all been kept secret enough even if his dismissal was somehow warranted.  There's not near enough there to scare away any teams, imo. 

Yeah, P5 may not be correct but he's going to a legit program.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He's in Memphis, will likely go there.

I bet he'll take multiple visits.

He may, but I think he'll go to Memphis. https://gotigersgo.com/staff-directory/jordan-verhulst/2632
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Let me get this straight, he’s a top big man that’s a mid year transfer. He was linked with top schools late last week. And he’ll visit and probably land with Memphis?

Okay….
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Yep. I have a Memphis grad in my twitter dm asking about him. Seems pretty confident he lands in memphis.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Memphis is a big player in bball
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm speculating.  No way he did anything bad enough to keep him away from another program.  It took KSU way too long to do anything, they only did something when the president's feelings got hurt, the cops laughed the charges off, and it's all been kept secret enough even if his dismissal was somehow warranted.  There's not near enough there to scare away any teams, imo. 

He didn't get kicked off because the president's feelings got hurt

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
This line is kind of amusing from one of the memphis tweets:

Tomlin just recently graduated, so eligibility isn’t a concern.

I know it’s way deep into the new normal, but kind of lol that already having graduated from college is a key indicator of being eligible to play COLLEGE basketball.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What else changed over that week? 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What else changed over that week?

I don't think that anything changed, but I think it's far more nuanced than people have been speculating. I think I just need to stay out of it and let 3maw and Fitz get everyone fired up

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let me get this straight, he’s a top big man that’s a mid year transfer. He was linked with top schools late last week. And he’ll visit and probably land with Memphis?

Okay….

True.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think that anything changed, but I think it's far more nuanced than people have been speculating. I think I just need to stay out of it and let 3maw and Fitz get everyone fired up

I haven't been adamant that he needed to play or anything.  What I heard about the Tubby's incident made it potentially bad enough that sitting for awhile could've been justified.  I do think it's horseshit that they decided he needed to be booted from the team immediately after students protested.

While Fitz may not be the greatest journalist, I can't think of a news story he would be better positioned for than one involving the athletic department and Tubby's.  Granted, the third and key piece of the President's office may still elude him.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

I haven't been adamant that he needed to play or anything.  What I heard about the Tubby's incident made it potentially bad enough that sitting for awhile could've been justified.  I do think it's horseshit that they decided he needed to be booted from the team immediately after students protested.

While Fitz may not be the greatest journalist, I can't think of a news story he would be better positioned for than one involving the athletic department and Tubby's.  Granted, the third and key piece of the President's office may still elude him.

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Memphis it is

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Now that he is signed, let’s get him commenting on what happened.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

:lol:
incredible bit of prose right there

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
You know who's seemed pretty unbothered by all this? Tomlin.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
You know who's seemed pretty unbothered by all this? Tomlin.

Just because he's been quiet doesn't mean he's unbothered. I imagine he's very bothered by getting his name and reputation impugned in such a manner. The question itself is the stigma.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m sure he’s happy to move on regardless. Either he felt the admin screwed him by benching him at all and is not on good terms, or he at least agreed with that piece of it and is ready to start fresh.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
I’m sure he’s happy to move on regardless. Either he felt the admin screwed him by benching him at all and is not on good terms, or he at least agreed with that piece of it and is ready to start fresh.
Hope he has nothing but success at Memphis.

Now Cat fans must dedicate themselves to converting the OOD into an Octagon of Love that Tang and Co will be unable to bring themselves to leave despite any differences they have with admin.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Memphis is a great choice for him and they've had a pretty good start to the season. He'll get a couple of more shots at Florida Atlantic and I hope he gets some measure of revenge. I'm glad he's at a program that I can cheer for.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Now that he is signed, let’s get him commenting on what happened.

He's not going to say anything. He's not innocent, he definitely did crap, dick lint rough ridin' up his job is the story here and I don't think NaeQuan is going to address that.