Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30494 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Starting to think our university president is a huge dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Starting to think our university president is a huge dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You say that now, but wait until our food science department starts winning awards.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think (some of) you guys would trade our myriad soil judging national championships for a football or basketball national championship and that’s just really pathetic imo

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think (some of) you guys would trade our myriad soil judging national championships for a football or basketball national championship and that’s just really pathetic imo
Yeah, I'd sign on to that in a minute, and anyone who actually has that opinion is dumb even by tuck standards.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile

Okay, which of you gE’ers hung this up over our tunnel the last minute of the game?? Lmao the players ran past it into the lockerroom.  Almost positive that’s Testy Westy verbiage but I didn’t see him and it would’ve been pretty easy to spot him given that there were 50 people in this arena.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
That right there is a SkiBe Special if ever I’ve seen one

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
fantastic

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Missed opportunity to use Dick Lint
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Missed opportunity to use Dick Lint
And the use of the word "fire."

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
After all this shitshow I guess I have boiled my thoughts down to two conclusions.

1.  We don't have enough first-hand information to really know if he should have been dismissed.  If I had to guess I would say that he probably did not do anything that rises to that level or we would have heard rumors of what they are by now.

2. Linton does not have the leadership skills to lead an organization the size and complexity of Kansas State.  His PR instincts are horrible.  There was no reason to have comms on this issue be AD, then coach, then Pres on different days.  He should have go authored the released statement and then been enough of a leader to let Tang calm things down, if needed.  Even if is just a chicken-crap and wants the AD to take the heat he should be smart enough to not speak after Tang calmed the situation.  Sometimes the best thing a leader can do is just shut the eff-up.  He needs to go.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
After all this shitshow I guess I have boiled my thoughts down to two conclusions.

1.  We don't have enough first-hand information to really know if he should have been dismissed.  If I had to guess I would say that he probably did not do anything that rises to that level or we would have heard rumors of what they are by now.

2. Linton does not have the leadership skills to lead an organization the size and complexity of Kansas State.  His PR instincts are horrible.  There was no reason to have comms on this issue be AD, then coach, then Pres on different days.  He should have go authored the released statement and then been enough of a leader to let Tang calm things down, if needed.  Even if is just a chicken-crap and wants the AD to take the heat he should be smart enough to not speak after Tang calmed the situation.  Sometimes the best thing a leader can do is just shut the eff-up.  He needs to go.

The actions we know Linton took in in the situation, doesn't lend confidence that he made the right choices thoughout the process.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
100% agree. Whether he personally tried to get Tomlin dismissed or not is irrelevant at this point. His leadership in response to the fallout has been objectively awful. KSU would be burning right now if it weren’t for Tang.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
We will know all we need to know if other schools want Tomlin. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
When you are a pres, ceo, etc you delegate management down the hierarchy. In this case, the action lies on the shoulders of The Mustang. If gene is neglecting his duties so bad that you have to step over him to perform the action he is hired to do, then you need to get rid of gene.

If this isn’t that, then this was done due to preference.  If this was preference, this should be a fireable offense for a president. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm glad someone got Gene's nickname right
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think this is an incorrect view. He broke our rules, not theirs.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Counterpoint to #3–based purely on what Linton has said in public, he appears by all accounts to be an idiot.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think this is an incorrect view. He broke our rules, not theirs.
Who GAF, though? If it’s not a legal or academic issue, Tang should be the one making the call. And if we know anything here, it’s that Tang didn’t make this decision.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My thoughts:

1. Agreeing with Fitz never sits well with me.
2. I don't want to be like cringy K-State twitter.
3. HOT TAKE: We really don't NEED Tomlin that much.
4. If Tang says to be cool, I'll be cool.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

And if we know anything here, it’s that Tang didn’t make this decision.

Do we KNOW that?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

And if we know anything here, it’s that Tang didn’t make this decision.

Do we KNOW that?
Tang acknowledging making the call would by far be the easiest way to diffuse the situation. Unless you believe Tang, GT, AND Lipton are all idiots, then yeah it’s safe to assume Tang didn’t make the call.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

The squawks wanted and got that guy who’d assaulted a girl at texas, and then he assaulted and raped a girl at ku.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
right. really doesn't mean dick that other schools want him. Still a KITN we will face him this season though.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i won't even be mad if naeqwan dunks on us 10x at afh/bramlage, might be fun