Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30498 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dick lint, trying, and failing to CYA
https://www.k-state.edu/today/info/announcement/?id=93783

What sucks about this statement is how intentionally vague he is about what he even did in this process. There's no privacy laws stopping you from saying, "Tomlin's dismissal was the result of several conversations among the UP, AD, and HC, and we all agreed on the correct course of action." And if you can't say that--don't release the statement.

Micromanagers want the optics that they are in control of everything.

I guarantee that when Tang's video came out, that enraged him so he felt like he needed to have the final say in addressing this issue.

he'll issue something about gene approving messaging through sports or something like that next.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
he didn't get kicked out of college though did he?

Maybe Linton was being generous there.

If whatever he did was bad enough for the university president to mandate that he can't play basketball anymore, he's needs to have an explanation as to why he's allowed Tomlin to remain with the team for weeks/months after his transgression and allowed him to stay on campus. There seems to be no way to spin this without lint looking at the very least inconsistent and incompetent.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Linton came through Virgina, Indiana, and North Carolina

Maybe he's a bigot and doesn't like Tang and Staff like Kietz

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Why didn't he just shut the hell up and let Tang's statement stand on its own?

Not that it was probably intentional but this feels like its undermining Tang's statement. Just let it go if you can't give details. It's n toot helping.

Yeah UP Dick Lint should have let it go, but this points to he's under pressure from people (donors) with means to make his job miserable. This does nothing to protect Tomlin, but only drives speculation of what dreadful thing he must have done for a subsequent minor incident to get him suspended for the bb team (which does have financial considerations, since I assume Tomlin's NIL requires him to be on the team).

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

If whatever he did was bad enough for the university president to mandate that he can't play basketball anymore, he's needs to have an explanation as to why he's allowed Tomlin to remain with the team for weeks/months after his transgression and allowed him to stay on campus. There seems to be no way to spin this without lint looking at the very least inconsistent and incompetent.

yes. i don't see how any new information can rectify this

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

yes. i don't see how any new information can rectify this
the quantum computing revolution that our dear tomlin has sparked?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Not that it was probably intentional but this feels like its undermining Tang's statement. Just let it go if you can't give details. It's n toot helping.

Yeah UP Dick Lint should have let it go, but this points to he's under pressure from people (donors) with means to make his job miserable. This does nothing to protect Tomlin, but only drives speculation of what dreadful thing he must have done for a subsequent minor incident to get him suspended for the bb team (which does have financial considerations, since I assume Tomlin's NIL requires him to be on the team).
lol, i don't think any of the donors are or were pushing for tomlin's punishment or forcing linton to do anything because that wouldn't make any sense.  ridiculous suggestion imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wayoutwestwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile

lol, i don't think any of the donors are or were pushing for tomlin's punishment or forcing linton to do anything because that wouldn't make any sense.  ridiculous suggestion imo.

dreadful is not: having a verbal argument with your girlfriend at jardine because she thought you were too friendly with another girl.
dreadful is not: having to explain to your coaches why your girlfriend poured bleach on all your bball shoes and gear.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Point wasn't that donors were calling for punishment, but that they were upset UP took action on a decision that should have be left to AD and Tang and that is why Linton felt compelled to release the statement. JFC

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Point wasn't that donors were calling for punishment, but that they were upset UP took action on a decision that should have be left to AD and Tang and that is why Linton felt compelled to release the statement. JFC
gotcha.  i misunderstood.  but even if that were true and he was feeling pressure from donors (and I'm sure he is), the statement is still a wild miscalculation that did more harm than good.  this was going to blow over after the Tang video.  all the statement did was just kickstart another round of people getting pissed off again.

the handling of this entire situation has been incompetent from the university's side.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
@wayoutwestwillie is a rough ridin' national treasure
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

dreadful is not: having a verbal argument with your girlfriend at jardine because she thought you were too friendly with another girl.
dreadful is not: having to explain to your coaches why your girlfriend poured bleach on all your bball shoes and gear.

woww, woww

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile

Not that it was probably intentional but this feels like its undermining Tang's statement. Just let it go if you can't give details. It's not helping.

gotcha.  i misunderstood.  but even if that were true and he was feeling pressure from donors (and I'm sure he is), the statement is still a wild miscalculation that did more harm than good.  this was going to blow over after the Tang video.  all the statement did was just kickstart another round of people getting pissed off again.

the handling of this entire situation has been incompetent from the university's side.

Exactly. The majority of people don't know who the hell the university president is or what he does, and they would have gone right back to not knowing. All he had to do was shut the hell up and this would have gone away.

We look like dumbasses who don't communicate between the university and athletics, which I'm starting to think is probably very accurate.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Is anyone else concerned that if Tomlin transfers to another school that it will clearly show that nothing bad happened and that this is all Linton’s fault and then probably entire student body will show up at his house?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Do you think this had anything to do with Ngongba not coming here?  He was wabashing his ass off at that game with Nae'quan earlier in the day.  I believe the incident happened that night?  I could be mistaken though.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meh, it’s Duke

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is anyone else concerned that if Tomlin transfers to another school that it will clearly show that nothing bad happened and that this is all Linton’s fault and then probably entire student body will show up at his house?

With the information vacuum being what it is, I think you have to assume that Tomlin transferring and playing at a reputable institution is pretty damning for our admin.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

With the information vacuum being what it is, I think you have to assume that Tomlin transferring and playing at a reputable institution is pretty damning for our admin.
Could be disastrous for them

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Not that it was probably intentional but this feels like its undermining Tang's statement. Just let it go if you can't give details. It's not helping.

Weak egos wanting to look strong

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I think Tomlin was planning on playing against Nova....

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do you think this had anything to do with Ngongba not coming here?  He was wabashing his ass off at that game with Nae'quan earlier in the day.  I believe the incident happened that night?  I could be mistaken though.
No.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ridiculous bogeymen have been conjured up by UP Dick Lint.  When the reality of the matter is a simple suspension and reinstatement  . . . and it all would have gone away.

Left to a few trolls on social media to bring up now and again.  There's no Title IX implications, the feds aren't going to be busting down the doors . . . it would have all just gone away, outside of a few commentators talking about NT's progression after the suspension . . .  all gone away and long forgotten.  Sure the president needs to act by NCAA by-laws. The president acted, investigated, agreed with his staff, and allowed reinstatement.  It all just goes away. Can't talk about it, FERPA.  It all just goes away.  Everybody is happy, NT does his time, it all just goes away. 

:frown:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He keeps mentioning Title IX, federal law, Ferpa, etc. he really wants us to read between lines, that can’t be made clear, so that we deduce something major as having happened.

Until I hear something more tangible, I am on Team fick that guy for tossing a kid out of college.

Mentioned FERPA and the need to protect the student, then mentioned the student, by name, in the same release. The guy is a buffoon, at best.
And the “Aggieville bar incident.”

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I would just point out that whatever the pre-existing issue is, it isn't criminal. He was never arrested in Manhattan before the bar incident and he very likely would not have been offered diversion if there was an existing issue. That suggests the pre-existing issue being university related in some way. There's no smoking-gun horrible misdeed. 

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Could be disastrous for them

I'm convincing myself that, while painful in the moment, this is the path leading to the best of what are increasingly looking to be bad outcomes.  Rip the band aid and all.