Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30516 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Clear who's providing leadership here, and it ain't UP. Really ought to roll another couple million into his salary for his media relations and crisis management. Linton owes him bigtime for this, but I bet the ungrateful ass just thinks it's his due.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Fran just couldn't leave it alone and admit he didn't have crap on the situation, so went with a little character assassination. Kudos to Quis for telling him to STFU.

q

q

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Fran just couldn't leave it alone and admit he didn't have crap on the situation, so went with a little character assassination. Kudos to Quis for telling him to STFU.

q

q
Actually in that tweet and reply it seems like we got more on the record info than we have from anyone in the last two days. Markquis acknowledges that Tomlin had some work to do (almost affirming what Fran said) and Fran lets people know teams will be coming after Tomlin. So good work all around, even if this still doesn't make much sense based on what the public knows

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
It's more an indictment of my shitty cynicism than anything.  Genuineness isn't something I come across that often these days.
i’m a pretty big cynic myself and can understand how you feel, but you’ve got to believe in someone, sometime.  this guy is real.

all of that is not to say that he won’t ever leave ksu, but for now he’s handling the situation as well as anyone could.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wayoutwestwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Thank goodness for Markquis!

Facts:
Tomlin was coming off an in-house suspension for in-house stuff in late Oct (No agent issues whatsoever.)
Whole team went to Tubby's and was blowing off some steam before season
Qwan needed to blow off even more steam, and like any fun loving college student had a really great time  Fall down pee pants good time
Somebody forgot a cell phone and Qwan and a few others went back to Tubby's, Qwan falls down, bouncers come over, Qwan is not compliant, probably blacked out at that point
Cops come, Qwan still not compliant, arrest happens
RCPD reviewed video, no fight, nobody got hit
RCPD says he shouldn't have even been arrested...after the fact
Suspension is only to last 8 games
Diversion granted...end of legal story
Linton takes out of Tang's hands
Qwan misses game 9
Linton threatens Gene's job
Minor protest
Linton and Co write statement for Gene to sign.
Qwan gone.
Money is livid.
Ice is Vice Chair of KSBOR.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thank goodness for Markquis!

Facts:
Tomlin was coming off an in-house suspension for in-house stuff in late Oct (No agent issues whatsoever.)
Whole team went to Tubby's and was blowing off some steam before season
Qwan needed to blow off even more steam, and like any fun loving college student had a really great time  Fall down pee pants good time
Somebody forgot a cell phone and Qwan and a few others went back to Tubby's, Qwan falls down, bouncers come over, Qwan is not compliant, probably blacked out at that point
Cops come, Qwan still not compliant, arrest happens
RCPD reviewed video, no fight, nobody got hit
RCPD says he shouldn't have even been arrested...after the fact
Suspension is only to last 8 games
Diversion granted...end of legal story
Linton takes out of Tang's hands
Qwan misses game 9
Linton threatens Gene's job
Minor protest
Linton and Co write statement for Gene to sign.
Qwan gone.
Money is livid.
Ice is Vice Chair of KSBOR.

Thank you for posting qwan
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, Linton has to go.

Question though. Why the "treating this like a season-ending injury" stuff if it wasn't meant to be indefinite?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline wayoutwestwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
Help me here, but that phrase came about after a few weeks.  Could presume this phrase happens when Tang's hands are tied?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Tang (and Dowling) spreading love

https://x.com/caroline_soro/status/1732888990838034789?s=20

Coach Rheem is the man. Saw him in the Bahamas and he was just finishing up at a restaurant and had gotten up to leave. I was with Lil SF walking by and I saw him get up and I just said, "hey Coach Rheem" hoping to get a wave for Lil SF. Dude came running out of the place and just started talking to my son. Talked to him and took a couple of pics. He was so nice and I almost felt bad as I just hoped to get a wave for my kid and didn't want to bother him. He seems like a genuinely nice dude.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

https://twitter.com/KStateMBB/status/1732934034957717970?s=20
WHAT SAY YOU DOOM?
Not sure if I am DOOM but Catfans owe Tang an even greater debt of gratitude and should plan to bring standing room only levels of love-filled DOOM every night that the Cats are in the OOD this season.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was speaking to the poster but 100% agree with your assessment.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile

WHAT SAY YOU DOOM?
Not sure if I am DOOM but Catfans owe Tang an even greater debt of gratitude and should plan to bring standing room only levels of love-filled DOOM every night that the Cats are in the OOD this season.
Can't wait to love our opponents to death in the Octagon of Love.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Octagon of Love

Yesss!!! I love this rebrand!

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Octagon of Love

What a better game to rebrand to the Octagon of Love than Nebraska. LMAO  :Wha:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Octagon of Love

What a better game to rebrand to the Octagon of Love than Nebraska. LMAO  :Wha:

Yeah, maybe we wait until a game with a lovable opponent. Someone could do a Tang or Quan sign on an octagon.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

WHAT SAY YOU DOOM?

I'm still terrified he will leave, but I'll do whatever he says until he does and then organize a massive #firelinton campaign when/if that day comes.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Tang seems so different than other coaches I'm foolishly tempted to believe we'll get ten years of him.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
he did stay at baylor much longer than he could have

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
I loved the Tang video and the spirit behind it, however, I hope people don't stop asking questions of the administration.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll worry when Gene is sitting directly behind him during games just to monitor his behavior.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU has an open scholly :frown:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
KU has an open scholly :frown:

I hope Tomlin goes there.  My kid is a Jayhawk.  That would be awesome for both of them.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What is the process for firing a university president? I would like to think that Tomlin going to KU would generate a ton of pressure from our alumni, but not sure if the state board of regents would care.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What is the process for firing a university president? I would like to think that Tomlin going to KU would generate a ton of pressure from our alumni, but not sure if the state board of regents would care.

I think the winds may be blowing a different direction now

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He was going to be able to come back until the bar fight.

That ended it.

Stop speaking with so much assuredness. If that "ended it" he wouldn't have been on the bench and locker room the last couple of games