Author Topic: Pay Tang  (Read 25628 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pay Tang
« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2023, 09:38:44 PM »
We’re going to learn a lot about tang today
I know all I need to know

We know more than we did before, but we still have much to learn
What did you learn?

That he couldn’t take advantage of an incredible opportunity to make the final 4

I think he could, he just didn't. I knew it could have gone either way before the game, did you not know that?

When you get good seeds your opportunities to make the final 4 frequently seem incredible.

Rusty, you're an infinitely better and more patient man than I am.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2023, 09:40:15 PM »

What did you learn?

That he couldn’t take advantage of an incredible opportunity to make the final 4

I think he could, he just didn't. I knew it could have gone either way before the game, did you not know that?

When you get good seeds your opportunities to make the final 4 frequently seem incredible.

Nah you're amazing and we had an amazing ride and we're grateful

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2023, 09:44:28 PM »

What did you learn?

Did you see the adjustments they made to stop the baseline drive or dump down low, and then pass over the defender to a backside cutter? That worked non-stop the first 15 minutes and then almost disappeared.

Did you see the adjustment to force the center to stay up by the free throw line? Did you see them move Desi down low to play defense?

I came away excited for the future. The coaching staff didn’t coach us to miss free throws.

If anything, he showed unbelievable class in the wake of Earl Walton’s officiating (Google earl walton referee). I truly hope they investigate this game, and why the money in Vegas suddenly swung 75% to FAU an hour beforehand. Probably just tinfoil, but MF his calls were tough to watch.

Either way, his already great recruiting should only improve, and he can also coach. Look how the defense and turnovers improved.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2023, 09:47:17 PM »

What did you learn?

Did you see the adjustments they made to stop the baseline drive or dump down low, and then pass over the defender to a backside cutter? That worked non-stop the first 15 minutes and then almost disappeared.

Did you see the adjustment to force the center to stay up by the free throw line? Did you see them move Desi down low to play defense?

I came away excited for the future. The coaching staff didn’t coach us to miss free throws.

If anything, he showed unbelievable class in the wake of Earl Walton’s officiating (Google earl walton referee). I truly hope they investigate this game, and why the money in Vegas suddenly swung 75% to FAU an hour beforehand. Probably just tinfoil, but MF his calls were tough to watch.

Either way, his already great recruiting should only improve, and he can also coach. Look how the defense and turnovers improved.

These guys will be ridiculous when they fill up a roster

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2023, 10:13:46 PM »
CBS should chip in to help pay Tang. He made his Cats extremely entertaining must-see TV that kept viewers to the end of our final three games.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2023, 10:19:29 PM »
CBS should chip in to help pay Tang. He made his Cats extremely entertaining must-see TV that kept viewers to the end of our final three games.

They stopped putting coaches in the studio after they get eliminated, otherwise he'd be electric breaking the final four down.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2023, 10:20:43 PM »

What did you learn?

Nah you're amazing and we had an amazing ride and we're grateful

You're amazinger and to be clear, I was not referring to your perspective on the team, although it is refreshing.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2023, 10:22:46 PM »
I know it’s just Stunted and Kim, but it’s hard to fathom how people are pissed that an extremely lovable coaching staff took a team of nearly all new players to the cusp of the final four after being picked to finish dead last in the league a mere 4.5 months ago. Wild!

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2023, 10:27:13 PM »
I know it’s just Stunted and Kim, but it’s hard to fathom how people are pissed that an extremely lovable coaching staff took a team of nearly all new players to the cusp of the final four after being picked to finish dead last in the league a mere 4.5 months ago. Wild!
they’re not

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2023, 10:37:22 PM »
they’re not
No one is pissed. It hurts to lose at this stage cause this was a very lovable team with guys who won’t get another chance to cut down the nets. It’s still an incredibly exciting time for KSU hoops.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2023, 10:32:59 AM »

What did you learn?

i guess if you just look at seeding instead of what’s on the floor then you could convince yourself that it was an easy path.  he and 348 other losers man, just bums amirite?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2023, 10:49:44 AM »
My only complaint with Tang is completely superficial.  I'm not an evangelical christian, and some aspects of the talking points of evangelical christians annoy me from time to time, but that is my problem not theirs.

I really love that he makes an attempt to lead with kindness.  Even more than that, I love that he knows X's and O's really well, and even more than that I love that he has demonstrated that he is a very good recruiter, and even more than that I love that our entire fan base seems to love him and love KSU basketball WAY more than they have since before John Currie.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 26, 2023, 11:03:36 AM »
My only complaint with Tang is completely superficial.  I'm not an evangelical christian, and some aspects of the talking points of evangelical christians annoy me from time to time, but that is my problem not theirs.

I really love that he makes an attempt to lead with kindness.  Even more than that, I love that he knows X's and O's really well, and even more than that I love that he has demonstrated that he is a very good recruiter, and even more than that I love that our entire fan base seems to love him and love KSU basketball WAY more than they have since before John Currie.

I love that he is open about his faith but is very respectful and shows tons of dignity to guys like Ish who come from a different faith tradition. That is going to go a long way, and perhaps I'm naive, but I think its genuine.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2023, 11:04:42 AM »
you’re not naive, he’s just a good dude

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2023, 11:05:26 AM »

I love that he is open about his faith but is very respectful and shows tons of dignity to guys like Ish who come from a different faith tradition. That is going to go a long way, and perhaps I'm naive, but I think its genuine.
Yes, very much agree.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2023, 11:09:51 AM »
He seems to me to be a guy who is very sure of he is and who he wants to be. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2023, 11:15:52 AM »
He seems to me to be a guy who is very sure of he is and who he wants to be. 
that’s a good way of describing him

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2023, 11:30:34 AM »

What did you learn?

Agreed. Rusty was the only one in purple in MSG that I saw clapping for the team's good season after the loss yesterday. Inspired me to do the same.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pay Tang
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2023, 11:45:00 AM »

Not just respectful of it, he says he encourages those guys to be as passionate about their faith as he is about his.

I think it’s great. And even if you view it 100% pragmatically it’s got to be a huge boon for recruiting.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2023, 11:56:56 AM »
Tang's evangelicalism bothered me a little at first but knowing about Ish and Bayebaye(?) showed that it was my problem and not his (like Pete said). Also as long as he doesn't comment on taking away trans rights we'll be cool.

This was interesting:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2023, 11:59:24 AM »
Who can watch another 16 over 1, another 15 over 2 and then still get caught up in the dogma of NCAA tourney seeding?   

Who can watch not a single 1 seed make it to the Elite Eight this year and believe that seeding is more than just the mandated process to organize a 64 team field? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2023, 12:08:04 PM »
Tang's evangelicalism bothered me a little at first but knowing about Ish and Bayebaye(?) showed that it was my problem and not his (like Pete said). Also as long as he doesn't comment on taking away trans rights we'll be cool.

This was interesting:

Eyeroll x Infinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2023, 12:16:32 PM »

This was interesting:

Well, I'm 99.6% sure he won't be making any proclamations against any LGBTQ issue.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2023, 12:49:13 PM »

This was interesting:

Well, I'm 99.6% sure he won't be making any proclamations against any LGBTQ issue.
Yeah it would be extra cruel if he did