Author Topic: World Cup 2022  (Read 8088 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2022
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2022, 08:30:44 PM »
:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2022, 09:32:52 PM »
I just hope it doesn't go to a shootout because shootouts are stupid

This sport probably isn’t for you and that’s ok

:lol: nice C43

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2022, 09:52:09 PM »
I watched the second half and some of overtime plus kick off stuff. It was actually fairly interesting. I’m in New York and I think an Argentinian watching place was down my street. They were super into it. I wouldn’t watch it every week or anything but if most games are like that I would definitely watch some.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2022, 11:26:23 PM »
I watched the second half and some of overtime plus kick off stuff. It was actually fairly interesting. I’m in New York and I think an Argentinian watching place was down my street. They were super into it. I wouldn’t watch it every week or anything but if most games are like that I would definitely watch some.

I love the sport so much. Most games are nothing like that. It had so many elements that simply won't be replicated again, likely in our lifetime. The stakes, the teams, two generational talents matching moment for moment. All things considered, it was the best game in any team sport, in our lifetime. All that being said it was extremely close to being the biggest dud in world cup final history. If Argentina gets that to 3-0, and they were damn close to doing so, no one in this country are saying boo about what happened at Lusail Stadium on December 18, 2022.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 19, 2022, 09:14:17 AM »

I love the sport so much. Most games are nothing like that. It had so many elements that simply won't be replicated again, likely in our lifetime. The stakes, the teams, two generational talents matching moment for moment. All things considered, it was the best game in any team sport, in our lifetime. All that being said it was extremely close to being the biggest dud in world cup final history. If Argentina gets that to 3-0, and they were damn close to doing so, no one in this country are saying boo about what happened at Lusail Stadium on December 18, 2022.

I think that actually enhanced it cause it was headed to being a dud and then became that. It was a shot to the arm
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 19, 2022, 09:46:38 AM »
Really, with the exception of the 2013 MLS Cup, it was the best soccer game ever.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 20, 2022, 09:43:16 PM »
The short side headline for this story link on espn used FFF and reminded me I have a france soccer team t-shirt because of fatty’s initials on it.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/france-fra/story/4835664/france-federation-condemns-racist-abuse-of-mbappe-coman