Poll

Who Will Be The 2024 Dem Candidate

Joe Biden
9 (45%)
Other
11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 16, 2022, 07:47:51 AM

Author Topic: 2024 Dem Candidate  (Read 3664 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 Dem Candidate
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2022, 12:32:29 PM »
First of all, the Dems will view what happened last night as a win for Biden instead of the huge L for maga. So they'll wheel his weekend at Bernie's ass out there for the next two years, let's call it "the grassley."

Let's play fantasy tho. If Fetterman can recover from his stroke, he'd actually be a good choice. He's got progressive chops in a nice populist package who can't personally be attacked by bigots. Otherwise I think we're looking at Whitmer vs. Pete.

Fully agree.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2022, 12:49:57 PM »
I wish Booker had more traction. He's not too progressive (relative to the other options) and is for pub things like school vouchers. Given the shitshow that is leaders in the dem party, it's odd to me that he hasn't been able to break through.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2022, 01:08:39 PM »
I wish Booker had more traction. He's not too progressive (relative to the other options) and is for pub things like school vouchers. Given the shitshow that is leaders in the dem party, it's odd to me that he hasn't been able to break through.
You guys remember when the news covered up this story real quick? It literally just evaporated into the abyss.

https://wibc.com/72189/himtoo-senator-cory-booker-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-gay-man/

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »

He suffers from the same affliction as Beto: he's just kind of a dork. An enthusiastic dork, to be sure.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2022, 01:12:07 PM »
Pete B would be my pick but I just don't see it happening

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2022, 01:18:59 PM »
You guys remember when the news covered up this story real quick? It literally just evaporated into the abyss.

https://wibc.com/72189/himtoo-senator-cory-booker-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-gay-man/
It was nothing, even Fox News came out and said it was fake. Nice try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2022, 01:25:26 PM »
Pete B would be my pick but I just don't see it happening

Pete is my guy, too. It is disappointing to see so many saying he can't get it done because there are still too many homophobes. I'm not so sure.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2022, 01:29:46 PM »
The thing about Pete, Booker, etc. is that they are boring and moderate AF and can’t get past a primary. Same with any moderate pubs.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2022, 01:33:35 PM »
SD, do you think Biden and Clinton are far left progressive communists?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
I don’t think Michelle can win anything imo
She’d run rule Trump in the 4th inning

A Michelle Obama candidacy would send the wacko right wing fringe into apoplexy.

I don't think they could get any more weird/mad tbh. It's max already.

Correct, they'll find new lows but at this point they've frayed it all to the max

I wish we could get fresh faces and fresh ideas on both sides. I get really tired of 70+ year old white men as the options most years.

Facts

The thing about Pete, Booker, etc. is that they are boring and moderate AF and can’t get past a primary. Same with any moderate pubs.

Facts

No clue who the dems will run, but I feel like DeSantis has to have the pub, trump clearly has overstayed his welcome and I don't think he could do it again.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2022, 01:43:01 PM »
First of all, the Dems will view what happened last night as a win for Biden instead of the huge L for maga. So they'll wheel his weekend at Bernie's ass out there for the next two years, let's call it "the grassley."

Let's play fantasy tho. If Fetterman can recover from his stroke, he'd actually be a good choice. He's got progressive chops in a nice populist package who can't personally be attacked by bigots. Otherwise I think we're looking at Whitmer vs. Pete.

Fully agree.

Second, if we can get past the stroke he would be the type of candidate dems, and really all americans, would want.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2022, 01:47:43 PM »

Fully agree.

Second, if we can get past the stroke he would be the type of candidate dems, and really all americans, would want.

On the other hand, he is not so easy on the eyes. That seems to matter to some people.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2022, 01:49:03 PM »

lolwut

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2022, 01:52:00 PM »

lolwut
What do you disagree with there?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2022, 01:53:43 PM »

Fully agree.

On the other hand, he is not so easy on the eyes. That seems to matter to some people.

Understand, but is DeSantis or trump a dreamboat? As long as he ain't facing Kennedy he could do ok

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2022, 01:57:30 PM »
The democratic primary is pretty weird. Different states want different things from the party and it's really hard to predict who will emerge victorious. The republicans have always been a whole lot easier to predict, with the exception of Trump making the entire party his personal bitch in 2016.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2022, 02:00:01 PM »

Fully agree.

Understand, but is DeSantis or trump a dreamboat? As long as he ain't facing Kennedy he could do ok

Fair point, but you legit see idiots (including on this board) making memes are advancing the inscrutable position that those guys are, in fact, dreamboats. I'm going to need to see his wife before I make any conclusions.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2022, 02:02:40 PM »
 :lol: So mad.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2022, 02:04:13 PM »

lolwut
What do you disagree with there?

boring and moderate does not disqualify you from advancing through dem primaries. recent history would suggest the opposite actually

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2022, 02:07:14 PM »
Hur Hur... #Politics

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2022, 02:09:16 PM »

Did you forget who the president is and what happened with him and the rest of the moderates during the primary season?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2022, 02:10:59 PM »
Pre stroke Fetterman would beat your ass then steal your girl, and by your I mean your, not mine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2022, 02:12:55 PM »
They should nominate the most charismatic candidate they can find and stop saying things like "can't win because the bigots won't vote for them." If Joe Biden can win without campaigning, then anyone remotely likeable can beat whatever MAGA chud wins the death match.

The 2024 guy or gal won't have the benefit of running against trump. The few independents and third party voters left will be much more discerning with their vote.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2022, 02:13:45 PM »

Did you forget who the president is and what happened with him and the rest of the moderates during the primary season?
I HOPE SO

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2022, 02:14:21 PM »
Pre-stroke Fetterman was very good at arming himself and chasing down unarmed black men.

Ol' Shotgun (pointed at black dudes) John Fetterman