TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Other Sports (Tiger's Back)

Official KC Current Thread

(1/6) > >>

ChiComCat:
I didn't see a thread for them. 

Playing for the NWSL title next weekend against Portland after beating the OL Reign 2-0 last night on the road.  The Reign had Rapinoe and Lavelle from the USNT so it seemed like a pretty big upset.  The Current have also lost only once in like their last 15 games after starting the season as hot garbage AND losing their best player to injury.  The Current goalkeeper is an incredible stud (studette?)

I thought it was worth mentioning as it's a squad with high watchability and likability.  A lot fewer embellished injuries and KC kept attacking throughout despite being underdogs and holding a slim lead.

MakeItRain:
This thread was much needed, thank you!

While they were a fun team, I don't know that their style was fun to watch for most of the season. They had a 14 match unbeaten streak but still had a negative goal differential for the season. They played a crap ton of 1-0, 1-1, 0-0 matches in that streak. The lack of offense is understandable given they lost their three best attacking players to season ending injuries.

They seemed to find some offense late in the season. This run is great, they're probably a year ahead of schedule, given this run isn't even on the backs of the high profile players they acquired this off season.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to drive to KC Live from Manhattan on Saturday night. I really want to but I'd be late to the start of the match and I'm going to have my 3 year old with me. He loves sports and crowds but I'm not sure if I want to deal with him after three events in one day.

The Current have the best color scheme in American professional sports.

pissclams:
i’m excited about this team, ownerships group, everything they are trying to do.  also think we win the championship but i’m an optimist, sue me!

cfbandyman:

--- Quote from: MakeItRain on October 24, 2022, 11:28:22 AM ---This thread was much needed, thank you!

While they were a fun team, I don't know that their style was fun to watch for most of the season. They had a 14 match unbeaten streak but still had a negative goal differential for the season. They played a crap ton of 1-0, 1-1, 0-0 matches in that streak. The lack of offense is understandable given they lost their three best attacking players to season ending injuries.

They seemed to find some offense late in the season. This run is great, they're probably a year ahead of schedule, given this run isn't even on the backs of the high profile players they acquired this off season.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to drive to KC Live from Manhattan on Saturday night. I really want to but I'd be late to the start of the match and I'm going to have my 3 year old with me. He loves sports and crowds but I'm not sure if I want to deal with him after three events in one day.

The Current have the best color scheme in American professional sports.

--- End quote ---

Given that Teal is one of my favorite colors, absolutely, I have the Teal Mobile shirt, and their kit from last year

MakeItRain:
I have a red long sleeve. I would like a teal shirt but all but one current design have distressed screen prints on them and I don't like that. The only design that doesn't, the teal town shirt, is sold out in my size.

I have tickets to the watch party in Union Station on Saturday night but I don't think I'll make it from Manhattan in time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version