Author Topic: Why does TCU (Texas Catholic University) want to be our rival so bad?  (Read 10755 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Can someone explain?  Hiring alums that we turned down to coach, copying our colors, copying the curled finger hand signs to flash at games?

It's played out and now our game is being hailed as the biggest in their program's history.

I don't understand

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Why does TCU (Texas Catholic University) want to be our rival so bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 07:29:22 PM »
Stealing our purple is the most  :curse: for me  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 07:42:31 PM »
The funniest thing about TCU is that the catholics used to have their college in Waco until the baptists kicked the crap out of them and made them move their college to some hayseed military town.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »
The funniest thing about TCU is that the catholics used to have their college in Waco until the baptists kicked the crap out of them and made them move their college to some hayseed military town.

I honestly thought they were still Baptist??  It's the whole, walks/talks like a duck thing?

And have you ever watched the show, cops (not me)?  They have more episodes in Ft. Worth than any other city I think (cuz I don't watch it..maybe sometimes)?  And it's all around that disgusting campus..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 08:03:23 PM »
Can someone explain?  Hiring alums that we turned down to coach, copying our colors, copying the curled finger hand signs to flash at games?

It's played out and now our game is being hailed as the biggest in their program's history.

I don't understand

You can tell it’s because they’re obsessed with us because what about a Mustang makes you want to make your colors purple and white? Makes no sense

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 08:27:28 PM »
truthfully, i’d like our administration to consider/study annexing their university.  a lot of good reasons as to why including essentially merging two football programs into one. klieman could sign two classes each year and route the very best players from both classes (ksu north and ksu south) to ksu north, then use the ksu south program as more of a developmental farm system.  the former tcu/new ksu south university would immediately benefit from the national name recognition that k-state brings, their administration would jump at this opportunity.  ksu north would benefit from the additional recruiting and farm system.  we could also levy a ksu franchise fee on ksu south in the amount of half of their annual athletics revenue.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 09:54:02 PM »

I don't understand

You can tell it’s because they’re obsessed with us because what about a Mustang makes you want to make your colors purple and white? Makes no sense

Nah dude, you're getting your Texas religious institutions mixed up: the Mustangs are the Methodists.  The Texas Catholics are the horny Toads (which still serves your original point that they're obsessed with us because what about a Toad, horny or otherwise, makes you want to make your colors purple and white?)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2022, 09:55:56 PM »
Have you seen their cheerleaders? No way they are a “Christian” university. I would never let any of my 3 daughters attend that school.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 10:08:52 PM »
I do not get what Catholicism has to do with horned frogs.  Providence is a catholic school and their mascot is a Fryer (monk). That makes sense.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022, 10:10:22 PM »
The father, son, and holy spirit know why they covet The Kansas State University so, and judgement will come right soon
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 10:19:37 PM »
Maybe we need to tell Bert Yardmarker to include a franchise fee paid to the great and powerful Wildcats from those horny ass frogs for the right to use our royal colors.  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2022, 10:42:51 PM »
Guyz, SMU is a FCS program and their grad's are the bosses of all those Catholics in fort worth. That tells you all you need to know about TCU Ft Worth as an academic institution.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2022, 11:06:08 PM »
They want to be our rival (and steal on colors) for the same reason Iowa State and KU want so despertely to be our rival. Having K-State as a rival improves their image.

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2022, 12:46:44 AM »
You all must be joking but TCU isn’t a Catholic school. Texas Christian University is affiliated with the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).  The First Christian Church history began two hundred years ago on the American frontier when many people from different cultural and church backgrounds were thrown together in search of religious freedom in the American West. I know, nobody cares.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2022, 03:21:51 AM »
Remember when one of their players even wore a Kansas State sleeve in a game? They want to be us so bad.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2022, 07:40:36 AM »
You all must be joking but TCU isn’t a Catholic school. Texas Christian University is affiliated with the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).  The First Christian Church history began two hundred years ago on the American frontier when many people from different cultural and church backgrounds were thrown together in search of religious freedom in the American West. I know, nobody cares.
Sounds like a bunch of old west nut jobs met up on their horses and invented a new religion. No thanks.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2022, 08:48:33 AM »
Everyone knows the first Christian church is the catholic church founded by JC himself

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 08:49:43 AM »
Why would they call themselves TCU (Texas Catholic University) if they weren’t Catholic? Doesn’t make any sense, CatMan2. Get your crap together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 09:49:59 AM »
Say what you will about TCU but Fort Worth is one of my favorite Dallas suburbs.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 10:15:29 AM »
the only name that was availabe aside from Texas Catholic University was Notre Lame

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 10:19:54 AM »
Typical arrogant Texans, putting the T before the C.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 10:31:45 AM »
Aren’t most of Texas Catholic’s degrees online? 

Seems like I always see their commercials about going to a website and signing up for online classes through Texas Catholic.   

The commercials bounce from scene to scene; single mom staying up late at night, high school dropout working on a laptop with the kids playing video games in the background.  That kind of stuff. 

There’s a quick message at the end:

Texas Catholic:  Part of the Southern New Hampshire University System

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2022, 10:51:39 AM »
It's not the Christian that bothers me.  It's the racism

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 11:23:02 AM »
I heard they are getting downgraded to Texas Catholic College. They are literally on the verge of losing University status by the powers that b.

After that the next shoe to drop is the Catholic. Word on the street is soon they will be downgraded to Texas Pentecostal College because the Cardinal that oversees Texas is displeased.

Lastly Texas has started a bill that would, yep, you guessed, take the Texas away.

Ft. Worth Pentecostal College

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »
Sounds like a bunch of old west nut jobs met up on their horses and invented a new religion. No thanks.

Multiple wives no doubt.  freaks