Author Topic: Throwing Arms  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Throwing Arms
« on: September 17, 2022, 08:43:00 PM »
ITT we will talk about cannons or lake thereof.

Honestly, I think AM has big nuts for trying, but his shoulder is trash. That, or he just hasn't had enough time to practice and get acclimated. Not sure I've seen such a limp arm. Once again, probably not his fault given the beatings he took at Nebraska.

What is the story on Rubes? I think we give AM one more game, but we need to pivot to someone capable of throwing past the first down-marker if AM still hesitates to let it rip.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Arms
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 08:53:23 PM »
He just needs a ? tat.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 09:24:04 PM »

Honestly, I think AM has big nuts for trying, but his shoulder is trash. That, or he just hasn't had enough time to practice and get acclimated. Not sure I've seen such a limp arm. Once again, probably not his fault given the beatings he took at Nebraska.

What is the story on Rubes? I think we give AM one more game, but we need to pivot to someone capable of throwing past the first down-marker if AM still hesitates to let it rip.

I think playing for Nebraska the last 4 years just mentally mumped him. He is afraid to throw downfield but his one deep throw today for the TD was a great pass.

I honestly hope we were just playing 25% of our playbook to give OU nothing on tape and it came back to bite us in the ass....the other option is that we just suck at offense.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 09:38:12 PM »

Carson Coffman's nickname was literally Cementfoot McNoodlearm.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 09:44:46 PM »

Think we would’ve won with Grant Gregory at QB today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 09:51:32 PM »
I don't think we're blaming the oline nearly enough.

(Yes I'm going to ride this into the ground)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 10:03:57 PM »
I don't think we're blaming the oline nearly enough.

(Yes I'm going to ride this into the ground)
Admittedly i didn’t watch much of the game due to ESPN app requiring me to restart the game anytime i switched away from our game.  So i’m willing to buy that.  I still feel AM is way to timid, which is causing all of these other issues to be way more pronounced, now that teams know they can sell out.

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 10:53:48 PM »
How tf we put up 40 on Mizzou in crap conditions against their stud d-line, and then turn around and get destroyed by Tulane in the sun?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 12:56:03 AM »
He's got really good zip on these short and intermediate routes. He doesn't need strength exercises, he needs a sports shrink.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2022, 11:07:56 AM »
How tf we put up 40 on Mizzou in crap conditions against their stud d-line, and then turn around and get destroyed by Tulane in the sun?

I think Tulane is a much better team.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 11:26:33 AM »
He's got really good zip on these short and intermediate routes. He doesn't need strength exercises, he needs a sports shrink.
Makes sense.  I am concerned that therapy takes more time than what we should invest in a 5th year transfer.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 12:01:28 PM »
Makes sense.  I am concerned that therapy takes more time than what we should invest in a 5th year transfer.

It's absolutely fair to wonder if Martinez is a lost cause

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2022, 01:50:57 PM »
We could still win quite a few games if he is a primary runner but he’s obviously not going to try to get the hard yards when he needs it so that’s probably out of the question.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »
We could still win quite a few games if he is a primary runner but he’s obviously not going to try to get the hard yards when he needs it so that’s probably out of the question.

This is the most frustrating aspect of AM’s struggles. There were several runs where he simply mailed it in. He doesn’t seem to have it mentally yet, and it shows hard in the passing game. 

His arm is fine. That TD to Warner was a dime. He’s looked fine on most of his short passes (some obvious garbage throws too).
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 03:23:48 PM »

Think we would’ve won with Grant Gregory at QB today?

He was a tuff mother with two mumped up shoulders.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 04:31:41 PM »
his passes has zip
but he also has the yips
we are really mumped

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 08:15:35 PM »
Was very impressed with AM against OU.  He stopped trying to to push the ball to the target and just let it rip. His best throws were flat out drops by Warner. Can we keep this momentum going?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 08:41:33 PM »
Was very impressed with AM against OU.  He stopped trying to to push the ball to the target and just let it rip. His best throws were flat out drops by Warner. Can we keep this momentum going?

He really zinged it on a ton of throws, lots of good velocity, and yeah, those two passes specifically to Warner, the touch was amazing
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 10:45:26 PM »
I will never forgive Kade for dropping that over the shoulder rainbow dime that hit him directly in both hands