Author Topic: what if avery johnston is a complete badass??  (Read 39187 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: what if avery johnston is a complete badass??
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2023, 06:04:40 PM »
I just hope he’s durable. The only way our offense can be effective at such a high clip is if he runs the ball and inevitably he’s going to take some hits. (I have no reason to doubt his durability I’m just saying)

6'2", 188#  If we run AJ a bunch, he's going to take some hits where he may not be able to get off the field on his own.  He'll put on weight, but man, 188 lbs. is a pretty light runner.

#BiscuitTalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2023, 06:21:22 PM »
How much would Avery have to weigh before people can stop worrying about him breaking? Quinn Ewers is listed at 195 and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything similar.  Maybe it's because our current QB is like 250.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2023, 07:09:59 PM »
How much would Avery have to weigh before people can stop worrying about him breaking? Quinn Ewers is listed at 195 and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything similar.  Maybe it's because our current QB is like 250.
205 lbs.  CK listed at 226 lbs in 2012.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 07:18:08 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2023, 07:12:54 PM »
His frame can hold at least 50 more pounds, and when he puts on all that muscle he is gonna be unstoppable.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2023, 07:27:35 PM »
I would prefer my purple hearted yellow haired football jesus at 200lb as long as he keeps his elusiveness/speed.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 16, 2023, 07:29:52 PM »
I hope he stays at 199 as a eff you to the haters

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 16, 2023, 07:39:55 PM »
As long as he can take a lickin and keep on tickin, idgaf what the scale says if I’m being completely honest

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2023, 08:21:39 PM »

might also be because Ewers has 180 pass attempts and 33 rushes and Johnson has 13 pass attempts and 23 rushes? I mean, I think you know that

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2023, 08:35:43 PM »

might also be because Ewers has 180 pass attempts and 33 rushes and Johnson has 13 pass attempts and 23 rushes? I mean, I think you know that

It's silly to think he will be used at those ratios for any length of time as the primary QB.   They aren't going to run him like the second coming of CK7. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2023, 08:48:31 PM »

It's silly to think he will be used at those ratios for any length of time as the primary QB.   They aren't going to run him like the second coming of CK7. 

it's also silly to think his ratio will be in the ballpark of Ewers this season

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2023, 09:15:26 PM »

It will probably be like 3 to 1 pass to run.  Jason Bean has similar ratio and is 195.  McClain similar ratio at UCF is 196.   I doubt Avery plays more than 10 lbs heavier than he is right now while he is here.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2023, 09:37:30 PM »

It will probably be like 3 to 1 pass to run.  Jason Bean has similar ratio and is 195.  McClain similar ratio at UCF is 196.   I doubt Avery plays more than 10 lbs heavier than he is right now while he is here.

How many years do you think he'll be a Cat? Let's say he leaves after his jr season. I think he gets to about 215.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 16, 2023, 09:38:15 PM »
You guys trying to guess how much a player is going to be injured based on his weight?

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2023, 09:39:22 PM »
You guys trying to guess how much a player is going to be injured based on his weight?
There's a formula or something. You wouldn't get it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2023, 10:17:20 PM »

How many years do you think he'll be a Cat? Let's say he leaves after his jr season. I think he gets to about 215.

I think he will graduate in December of '25 and be drafted in April of '26.  I suppose he could get that heavy, but he's already gained 20 lbs since he got here and another 25 seems like overkill.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 16, 2023, 10:45:25 PM »
lol pretty ridiculous.

In my expert opinion Avery must weigh 210 pounds to avoid injury. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 16, 2023, 10:45:35 PM »

I think he will graduate in December of '25 and be drafted in April of '26.  I suppose he could get that heavy, but he's already gained 20 lbs since he got here and another 25 seems like overkill.

Holy crap. I did not know that.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 16, 2023, 11:00:52 PM »
lol pretty ridiculous.

In my expert opinion Avery must weigh 210 pounds to avoid injury.

Performance optimization.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 17, 2023, 08:31:29 AM »
You guys are going to lose your crap when they finally let him fling it all over the yard.  I fully expect to see him throw substantially more on Saturday.  I'm guessing the Toads are going to sell out to stop the QB run which should present some nice throwing oportunities. :emawkid:
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2023, 08:50:34 AM »

Thank you, it's complete nonsense.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2023, 09:07:24 AM »
You guys are going to lose your crap when they finally let him fling it all over the yard.  I fully expect to see him throw substantially more on Saturday.  I'm guessing the Toads are going to sell out to stop the QB run which should present some nice throwing oportunities. :emawkid:

You mean to tell me an Elite 11 finalist with generational talent can actually throw the ball?!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2023, 09:44:53 AM »
Does he have enough weight in his core to really fling it? IMO he needs to be around 205 to reach his maximum power/accuracy when throwing.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2023, 09:53:15 AM »
Someone make a weight/injury matrix for Avery so we know exactly where he needs to be.

And just forget how his body type/quick twitch/speed can be affected if he gains a bunch of weight in this scenario.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2023, 10:04:58 AM »
you guys, everybody knows that football is a game of momentum.

the equation for momentum = mass x velocity. So uh, yeah, i would say his weight absolutely matters. educate yourselves, you knuckleheads.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2023, 10:06:20 AM »
Avery's weight is tearing this blog apart