General Discussion > The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit

Thread for when someone on the other side does something good

(1/43) > >>

Pete:
How about a thread where we give credit to someone on the "other side" of the political spectrum, in a position of power or influence, that we agree with.

I liked some of the stuff Dick Cheny's daughter has said lately.  Made me really think I might be able to compromise more with the "other side" if there were more folks like her. 

Obviously this will be a seldom trafficked thread.

Pete:
I also want to posthumously apologize to George Sr for my mocking of Compassionate Conservatism years ago. I'd kill a drifter for the chance to vote for that sort of thing today.

steve dave:
I like a lot of what I hear from Bernie Sanders. Not his actual policy plays, which are dogshit, but his sincerity and selflessness in trying to work for things you can tell he legitimately believes in to help others. There isn’t much of that in politics, outside of really evil/ghoulish crap you can tell these freaks legitimately believe in.

Spracne:

--- Quote from: steve dave on July 02, 2022, 03:56:36 PM ---I like a lot of what I hear from Bernie Sanders. Not his actual policy plays, which are dogshit, but his sincerity and selflessness in trying to work for things you can tell he legitimately believes in to help others. There isn’t much of that in politics, outside of really evil/ghoulish crap you can tell these freaks legitimately believe in.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Obviously, his proposed policies stand a snowball's chance in hell, but I'll give him this: he may be the only honest politician in Washington. When he talks, I believe he means what he says. And that's pretty refreshing.

Also, Pete's pretty great, too!

Sandstone Outcropping:
https://twitter.com/spencespencer01/status/1543271612199407619?s=21&t=jxGcP69hkF1EcyrPwT7CzQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version