Author Topic: Duderometer  (Read 3984 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Duderometer
« on: March 25, 2022, 10:39:49 PM »
I need someone more creative than me to create a Duderometer.  The Duderometer will allow us to properly measure the quality of dudes we currently have, dudes we are prospecting, dudes of future and dudes of past.

To get an idea how this scale is weighted, I’ve provided a list of dudes and a rough placement on the Duderometer scale.

Jacob Pullen — highest figure on the Duderometer
Dom Sutton — 80% of the of the highest Duderometer figure
Nigel Pack — 70% dude but steadily climbing
Will Spradling — does not qualify
Martavious Irving — 65% dude, 64.9% of which came from dance moves in a hallway
Wally Judge — 10% dude
Jason Bennet — 3% dude

I think you all get the point.  I look forward to seeing an official Duderometer in short time.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Duderometer
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 10:43:49 PM »
Dom ahead of Pack has already screwed up your scale. Please adjust accordingly.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 11:00:48 PM »
Dom ahead of Pack has already screwed up your scale. Please adjust accordingly.

This isn’t a “who puts up more points” meter it’s a dude measurement tool.  Dom was a dude that performed well in his role.

Once Pack learns to play defense I will rank him higher.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 11:06:32 PM »
The dude scale is led by Michael Beasley.  Anything else is stupid as crap.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 11:22:17 PM »
In honor of Father Tang and his eternal service to The Lord Our Savior, I am officially asking @=mods?= to change the name of this scale -- and really the name of the basketball board -- to Duderonomy (Pastor Tang's GOAT Bible Book)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 12:53:44 AM »
Walker had so much dude in him, he exduded it with every breath. JYD years were full of dudistic players, with the exception of Judge and Spradling. Frank's guys probably averaged 20 plus points higher on the dude scale than Oscar's.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 01:00:03 AM »

Pullen wasn’t a dude coming in. He became a one. Beasley was a dude from the very beginning

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 08:36:13 AM »

Pullen wasn’t a dude coming in
. He became a one. Beasley was a dude from the very beginning

In his college debut against Sacramento State, Pullen scored 18 points on 7-of-11 shooting and ended up scoring in double figures in eight of his first 10 games. He was a large part of Kansas State's renewed basketball success. As a freshman, he was one of just three players who appeared in all 33 games. Alongside Michael Beasley, he helped upset #2 Kansas with a season-high 20 points, going 10-for-10 from the free throw line.

yes he was

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 08:55:02 AM »
Many people here are going to think recruiting rankings when they hear talk of "getting dudes." Regardless of what our overexcited bbs fans thought at the time, that was never Pullen.

Beasley and Walker were the only recruits like we'd never had before or since. Ranked #1 and #7 nationally by Rivals. CRAZY! (Crazier that we also had a shot at #4 Mayo for a time.)

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »
Had more than a shot at Mayo if what was said is true. Basically had to tell him no because of his baggage.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 02:30:37 PM »
Many people here are going to think recruiting rankings when they hear talk of "getting dudes." Regardless of what our overexcited bbs fans thought at the time, that was never Pullen.

Beasley and Walker were the only recruits like we'd never had before or since. Ranked #1 and #7 nationally by Rivals. CRAZY! (Crazier that we also had a shot at #4 Mayo for a time.)

Yup, we were excited about Pullen in a diamond in a rough way. But we didn’t expect he’d be one of the best players for us

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 03:24:50 PM »
Had more than a shot at Mayo if what was said is true. Basically had to tell him no because of his baggage.

That's incorrect, we absolutely didn't tell him no, it was his choice to go to USC. You're kidding yourself if you think he had more "baggage" than Mike. I wonder what you even mean by using that word.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 03:29:45 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 03:26:32 PM »
denis clemente

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2022, 04:09:14 PM »
Luis Colon, Sometimes dudes just find a way.

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2022, 04:19:43 PM »
Makol Mawien, some guys would let any tiny bit of dude-ism slip through their fingers and out of bounds like a beautiful assist setting them up for a bunny.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 07:55:10 PM »
Jamar was a hell of a dude.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2022, 08:06:55 PM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2022, 08:23:24 PM »
I’d say only top 70 players should be considered dudes off the bat. Stop the KSU developing diamond in the rough inferiority complex thinking. Tang is our coach. We’re elite now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2022, 08:28:49 PM »
Makol Mawien, some guys would let any tiny bit of dude-ism slip through their fingers and out of bounds like a beautiful assist setting them up for a bunny.
I know it’s hard for people that never played the sport to comprehend it, but it’s really hard and every blue blood wishes for the same thing. Mawien was a top 150 recruit btw. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2022, 08:34:14 PM »
I’d say only top 70 players should be considered dudes off the bat. Stop the KSU developing diamond in the rough inferiority complex thinking. Tang is our coach. We’re elite now.
Listen to this man

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2022, 08:39:38 PM »
Top 70 seems arbitrary. Dudes can be dudes regardless of rankings, but yeah if they’re not in like the 150 I think you have to call them dude-prospects at best.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2022, 08:47:25 PM »
Guys like Jamar, Dom, Hoskins, etc. are dudes. Athletic dudes who can go out and make plays. Dudes are different than highly skilled basketball players. Highly skilled big time prospects can be dudes tho. Like, Dean was awesome, but he wasn’t a dude to me. Pullen, while a guard, was also a dude. Sherron Collins was a dude.

Mark Vitale was an ultimate dude for Baylor. Charles Oakley is a dude.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2022, 08:48:27 PM »
While I want plenty of dudes, I also want a good number of dude prospects. Like you want to go to KState cause you know the Tang Gang can turn you into a dude if you have a dude mentality.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
Dudes run the floor. They play tough defense and bang for boards. Guard dudes love to drive and all dudes embrace contact. Most dudes love to dunk, especially putbacks. Not all dudes shoot threes, but some dudes do. Dudes aren’t about finesse. Dudes play with a chip on their shoulder.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2022, 08:56:26 PM »
Dudes run the floor. They play tough defense and bang for boards. Guard dudes love to drive and all dudes embrace contact. Most dudes love to dunk, especially putbacks. Not all dudes shoot threes, but some dudes do. Dudes aren’t about finesse. Dudes play with a chip on their shoulder.

So JYC v.2.0?