Poll

how many w's for tang's first season?

28+
24-27.99
20-23.99
16-19.99
12-15.99 (gtfo)

Author Topic: how many w's for tang's first season?  (Read 9992 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: how many w's for tang's first season?
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2022, 07:50:54 PM »
He'll bring in all the young dudes.

carry the news

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2022, 08:41:14 PM »
The dudes will come and the duds will go.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »
Way too early to make any kind of forecast. If he keeps Pack and Nowell then he has to recruit a replacement for Smith and bring in a legit big and depth.

Can he and a new staff salvage Bradford?

If he keeps our current stars and brings in some studs, I'd say 22 wins or more.
:bracketmouse:

Any predictos on players from the current roster who will get Frank'd in the off season? Can you imagine how crushing it would be for a young person to be shown the door by our beautiful new head coach? (sorry if wrong thread)

I'd boot all of the post players outside of Massoud.

Obviously hope Pack decides to come back, keep Kasubke, miguel, I guess Ezeagu too. Everyone else has to earn their spot again IMO. Also very low KSUMBB Roster IQ so maybe there are some young players that need to stay.
Wasn't there a point in time when posters thought Logan Landers was a good get? Was Ezeagu hurt? I think I saw him make what appeared to be a post move a couple of times. I think Mark Smith was the best post player on the team last year.

People thought Landers was a good get because he was a 3 star with high major offers, but they bust everywhere every year. He couldn't find the floor last year with the roster issues we had, that's problematic.

EZ wasn't hurt, in fact he was the most healthy big all year. He fell out of favor with oscar because he got lost on defensive rotations, a lot.

If the staff can motivate Bradford to cut weight and work this summer, he's the best option we have.

I think if your name isn’t pack, massoud, Nowell you probably won’t be in purple for 2022-2023

I'll bet you every dollar I have that we won't see 8 players in the transfer portal and it would be disturbing if we did. He and his staff better damn well be able to develop players, or he won't be here long. They had a good mix of developed players and transfers at Baylor, he understands this.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2022, 09:52:45 PM »
He'll bring in all the young dudes.

carry the news

I for one appreciated this.  Not sure many got that other than SODJ.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2022, 10:02:13 PM »
The Tang way is to go 1-0 everyday, at least that’s what he said. I’m good with that.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2022, 10:33:29 PM »
Way too early to make any kind of forecast. If he keeps Pack and Nowell then he has to recruit a replacement for Smith and bring in a legit big and depth.

If he keeps our current stars and brings in some studs, I'd say 22 wins or more.

Any predictos on players from the current roster who will get Frank'd in the off season? Can you imagine how crushing it would be for a young person to be shown the door by our beautiful new head coach? (sorry if wrong thread)

Obviously hope Pack decides to come back, keep Kasubke, miguel, I guess Ezeagu too. Everyone else has to earn their spot again IMO. Also very low KSUMBB Roster IQ so maybe there are some young players that need to stay.
Wasn't there a point in time when posters thought Logan Landers was a good get? Was Ezeagu hurt? I think I saw him make what appeared to be a post move a couple of times. I think Mark Smith was the best post player on the team last year.

People thought Landers was a good get because he was a 3 star with high major offers, but they bust everywhere every year. He couldn't find the floor last year with the roster issues we had, that's problematic.

EZ wasn't hurt, in fact he was the most healthy big all year. He fell out of favor with oscar because he got lost on defensive rotations, a lot.

If the staff can motivate Bradford to cut weight and work this summer, he's the best option we have.

I think if your name isn’t pack, massoud, Nowell you probably won’t be in purple for 2022-2023

I'll bet you every dollar I have that we won't see 8 players in the transfer portal and it would be disturbing if we did. He and his staff better damn well be able to develop players, or he won't be here long. They had a good mix of developed players and transfers at Baylor, he understands this.

Otz kept 2 of 11 and is playing in the S16. He will surely develop players but oscar didn’t leave him any P5 level players to develop really. Maybe he takes a flyer on Bradford since 7 Footers don’t grow on trees.  I’d set the floor at 7 departures.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2022, 10:59:55 PM »

Otz kept 2 of 11 and is playing in the S16. He will surely develop players but oscar didn’t leave him any P5 level players to develop really. Maybe he takes a flyer on Bradford since 7 Footers don’t grow on trees.  I’d set the floor at 7 departures.
Yes, but he didn't kick the good players out. 3 of the top rotational players left on their own for better programs, a fourth, who I want for us, Xavier Foster, was kicked off the team for a potential sexual assault, one in which he was later absolved of. Yeah, he essentially turned that complete roster over but he didn't kick all of those guys.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2022, 12:34:50 PM »

I won this bet before the press conference finished.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »

What did I miss?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2022, 03:05:28 PM »

What did I miss?

He talked about their low transfer rate at Baylor because they were honest with their players and they "loved them."

Aside from that it seems as if his vibe is, if you want to work there's a place for you. Maybe a good sign for the Max Edwards' of the world, maybe not for Bradford, we shall see. But to me, he didn't sound like a guy who will dump guys on the street but one who absolutely physically run someone off who doesn't put in the time.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2022, 03:59:54 PM »

What did I miss?

He talked about their low transfer rate at Baylor because they were honest with their players and they "loved them."

Aside from that it seems as if his vibe is, if you want to work there's a place for you. Maybe a good sign for the Max Edwards' of the world, maybe not for Bradford, we shall see. But to me, he didn't sound like a guy who will dump guys on the street but one who absolutely physically run someone off who doesn't put in the time.

Who do you see as players that have skill set to play on the caliber of team he wants to build?  I just don’t see anyone other than Pack, Nowell, Ish, and maybe Bradford.  Not sure a hard reset on a coaching change really hurts the message of a low  transfer rate especially when you didn’t recruit them.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2022, 04:11:25 PM »
Bradford is going to redeem himself. Just needs to get in shape and hope Tang gets his effort level up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2022, 04:45:12 PM »

What did I miss?

Who do you see as players that have skill set to play on the caliber of team he wants to build?  I just don’t see anyone other than Pack, Nowell, Ish, and maybe Bradford.  Not sure a hard reset on a coaching change really hurts the message of a low  transfer rate especially when you didn’t recruit them.

The only regular rotation players you left out are Kasoi, Selton, and Luke. Selton is the best of those three and I do feel like he's a high major player, just maybe not the role he filled at times this last year, although to be fair, when there weren't injuries it got to the point where his role was limited.

I know there will be departures, but I don't think it will be a complete roster white washing. I think Pack, Nowell, Ish, and maybe Bradford will be around to see minutes in the rotation and he'll add 3-5 players that he plans on being in that rotation. The rest of the players appear to be battling for the bottom of the roster. We have a ton of players we haven't seen and I'm not willing to just assume they aren't high major players because they didn't see the court under a fired coaching staff.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2022, 05:34:53 PM »
Would think Kasubke, Bradford, EZ and Linguard will be close behind him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2022, 09:43:47 PM »

Yeah, I agree on all of those although I really want Bradford to work out, I think it would be better for him and K-State if he stayed and got back to and beyond what he was as a freshman.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2022, 10:45:57 PM »

Yeah, I agree on all of those although I really want Bradford to work out, I think it would be better for him and K-State if he stayed and got back to and beyond what he was as a freshman.
Yeah, the monstars took him this last year. No way he can’t get close to the freshman version of himself with an a healthy offseason.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2022, 04:56:49 PM »
Was going to make a new poll but we can just change the Ws to Ls. I think we might win 5 games next year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:18 PM »
I’ll give him 8. But that’s it.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2022, 08:03:02 PM »
I’ll always have that introductory press conference to comfort me through the dark days.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2022, 08:14:05 PM »
I really thought he had a few dudes lined up coming in the way he spoke.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2022, 09:50:36 AM »
i really can't imagine a worse possible start. this is bad. doesn't seem there was much competition for any of our commitments too. :blindfold: :blindfold: :blindfold:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2022, 10:13:03 AM »
We fired our all time winningest coach for an assistant coach, who can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag. I'm getting scared. Next year will be an all time low for this program. We honestly deserve this.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »
Some of you people need to start writing bigger checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk