Author Topic: KSU Basketball  (Read 979 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
KSU Basketball
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:00:55 PM »
I made some similar plots for football and I thought it would be interesting to see for basketball.

The line moves up 1 tick mark up for every win and down 1 tick mark for ever loss.  This lets you visualize streaks and trends (I think).  I went back and started at the 1987 season (1986-87) which was Lon's first year as HC.

The stagnation of the Altman, Asbury, Wooldridge years are clear.  The hiring of Bob Huggins was clearly the most beneficial thing to happen to KSU hoops over this timescale.  One can also see the periods of struggle during oscar's years. One could see 3 clearly good years (2013, 2018, 2019) and two disastrous ones (2020 and 2021).

But non-conference "padding" is quite prevalent in basketball, so I think its more accurate to look at conference games:

Here the dark ages are quite clear.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: KSU Basketball
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 07:46:55 PM »
Excellent work CHONGS. The conference only chart really tells the tale.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 02:18:07 AM »
Every year Wooly would go like 11-0, 10-1, 10-2 ish in the non con and we'd get so excited then he fell on his face, every year.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 12:36:44 PM »
yeah back when are non-con schedules were even more dogshit than they are today