Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 230375 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #7200 on: July 18, 2023, 10:59:48 PM »
common ground

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: July 18, 2023, 11:16:42 PM »
We are aligned here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: July 18, 2023, 11:40:25 PM »
Driving by to agree with dax.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: July 19, 2023, 10:15:21 AM »
Well said dax

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: July 19, 2023, 10:28:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/kevorkalmassian/status/1681428637780967431?s=46&t=-jwPwnR3rKHM9sk9hA7h8g

Awful. Can we talk about how hard it is to criticize the Israeli government without a bunch of people calling it antisemitism? No nations government is above criticism and just because your government is based around a set religion doesn't absolve it from criticism for the horrible things they do. We need to stop funding Israel.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: July 19, 2023, 10:58:41 AM »
Why are we still in Syria, NTV?

Does the CIA and DOD still have their respective radical Jihadist groups fighting against each other?

Are we still bombing Syrian soldiers on behalf of ISIS?

Hey, let's create a power Vacuum in Syria and help ISIS . . . Hillary Clinton, Leon P and Barry O  :thumbsup:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: July 19, 2023, 12:49:06 PM »
Why are we still in Syria, NTV?

Does the CIA and DOD still have their respective radical Jihadist groups fighting against each other?

Are we still bombing Syrian soldiers on behalf of ISIS?

Hey, let's create a power Vacuum in Syria and help ISIS . . . Hillary Clinton, Leon P and Barry O  :thumbsup:
Why does anyone care anything about anything in the Middle East? It’s always the same answer.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: July 20, 2023, 12:15:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/kevorkalmassian/status/1681428637780967431?s=46&t=-jwPwnR3rKHM9sk9hA7h8g

Awful. Can we talk about how hard it is to criticize the Israeli government without a bunch of people calling it antisemitism? No nations government is above criticism and just because your government is based around a set religion doesn't absolve it from criticism for the horrible things they do. We need to stop funding Israel.

Hell yeah we can talk about it. Good for the squad for being the only people in Washington not pandering to that murderous extremest regime.

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: July 20, 2023, 07:39:44 AM »

Hell yeah we can talk about it. Good for the squad for being the only people in Washington not pandering to that murderous extremest regime.

I don't think enough people fully understand just exactly why America and especially the Evangelical right support Israel so much. The answer is it's an end of worlds doomsday cult attempting to bring upon armageddon based on what they think the bible says. We literally have a large portion of our government actively supporting Israel because they hope it will bring about the end of the world (WW3???). This is a great interview from NPR with one of the top biblical scholars out there (Bart Ehrman) explaining exactly this. https://www.npr.org/2023/04/03/1167715957/armageddon-shows-how-literal-readings-of-the-bibles-end-times-affect-modern-time

If you don't want to read the whole interview, this passage lays down some of the basics of the death cult in our country hoping to bring upon the end of days with their support.

TERRY GROSS: "Let's talk about the role of Israel in the narrative of the end times as described in the Book of Revelation. What has to happen in Israel before the end times are set up and Jesus returns?

BART EHRMAN: One of the issues I deal with in my book is the historical question of why it is that American evangelicals are so supportive of the state of Israel. And I trace the history of it because it completely relates to Christian understandings, evangelical understandings, of what's going to happen at the end of time. And so people don't realize this because they think, well, of course there are all sorts of reasons to support Israel. We have the issue of, you know, wanting a supporter in the Mideast. You know, they're - got to protect oil issue. You know, there's issues about oil. There's issues about, you know, stability. And all of that's right.

But American evangelicals are disproportionately in support of Israel. And the reason has to do with the Bible. It's because evangelicals have long read biblical prophecies as - indicating that Israel has to be established and strong before Jesus can return. Israel was destroyed in the second century C.E., and it hadn't been a nation. And so Christian Zionism, the idea that - Christians saying that Israel has to become a state again, that actually started before there was, you know, the Zionism we're all familiar with at the end of the 19th century and the early 20th century. And the Christian Zionists absolutely supported Jewish Zionists because they believed that the prophecy had to be fulfilled. Later, after 1948, which Christians continue to - evangelical Christians continue to see 1948, the establishment of Israel, as a fulfillment of prophecy."

BTW can we talk about the stupidity of trying to fulfill "prophecy"? If I wrote a book saying "There will be a time when a giant Rabbit statue will be built in the plains of Kansas and this will bring upon years of prosperity and growth, and then thousands of years later people start following me and call me a prophet and go out and actively work to build the giant rabbit statue, is that really fullfilling prophecy? To me it sounds like working to make something happen which is in no way prophecy, and that's exactly what it seems evangelicals are doing. In what way is prophecy being fulfilled if people are just doing what you say has to happen?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 07:49:09 AM by NickVickandThick »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: July 20, 2023, 08:02:07 AM »
Yeah, the squad, where one just went on one of her usual Low IQ hands flailing rants which sounded more like a speech given in front of a bunch of Brown Shirts in Berlin in 1939 rather than someone orating in the hallways of our constitutional republic in 2023.   :thumbsup:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: July 20, 2023, 08:19:25 AM »
We literally have a large portion of our government actively supporting Israel because they hope it will bring about the end of the world (WW3???).

This is Dax level hyperbole, damn.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: July 20, 2023, 08:25:30 AM »
We literally have a large portion of our government actively supporting Israel because they hope it will bring about the end of the world (WW3???).

This is Dax level hyperbole, damn.

Let's just say it's a non zero amount then, and that's scary as crap.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: July 20, 2023, 08:26:26 AM »
I don't think I've ever conjured up any #blueanon whack-a-doo narratives about a political faction trying to brew up the end of days via biblical prophecy wet willie.

You need to apologize to me, and the rest of this blog.

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: July 20, 2023, 08:31:00 AM »
I don't think I've ever conjured up any #blueanon whack-a-doo narratives about a political faction trying to brew up the end of days via biblical prophecy wet willie.

You also tend to not deal in things that can be backed up by reality and can be proven.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/20/lauren-boebert-republican-dinner-jesus-second-coming

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: July 20, 2023, 08:33:51 AM »
Don't you dare agree with dax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7215 on: July 20, 2023, 08:58:28 AM »

You also tend to not deal in things that can be backed up by reality and can be proven.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/20/lauren-boebert-republican-dinner-jesus-second-coming

I don't believe I've ever referenced Boebert on anything, ever.  Nor ever brought up this supposed conjuring up of the end of days via support of Israel.  So WTF are you even talking about?

Meanwhile, you quite literally avoid the topic of the majority of my posts outright.  Instead choosing to go on near turnbull level rants about conspiracy theories or similar.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: July 20, 2023, 09:00:31 AM »
Don't you dare agree with dax

You won't answer this question, because your just a lost little puppy looking for someone to stalk. 

But how is alleging I engage in the propagation of insane end-of-days jibber jabber agreeing with me? 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: July 20, 2023, 09:26:14 AM »

I don't think enough people fully understand just exactly why America and especially the Evangelical right support Israel so much. The answer is it's an end of worlds doomsday cult attempting to bring upon armageddon based on what they think the bible says. We literally have a large portion of our government actively supporting Israel because they hope it will bring about the end of the world (WW3???). This is a great interview from NPR with one of the top biblical scholars out there (Bart Ehrman) explaining exactly this. https://www.npr.org/2023/04/03/1167715957/armageddon-shows-how-literal-readings-of-the-bibles-end-times-affect-modern-time

If you don't want to read the whole interview, this passage lays down some of the basics of the death cult in our country hoping to bring upon the end of days with their support.

TERRY GROSS: "Let's talk about the role of Israel in the narrative of the end times as described in the Book of Revelation. What has to happen in Israel before the end times are set up and Jesus returns?

BART EHRMAN: One of the issues I deal with in my book is the historical question of why it is that American evangelicals are so supportive of the state of Israel. And I trace the history of it because it completely relates to Christian understandings, evangelical understandings, of what's going to happen at the end of time. And so people don't realize this because they think, well, of course there are all sorts of reasons to support Israel. We have the issue of, you know, wanting a supporter in the Mideast. You know, they're - got to protect oil issue. You know, there's issues about oil. There's issues about, you know, stability. And all of that's right.

But American evangelicals are disproportionately in support of Israel. And the reason has to do with the Bible. It's because evangelicals have long read biblical prophecies as - indicating that Israel has to be established and strong before Jesus can return. Israel was destroyed in the second century C.E., and it hadn't been a nation. And so Christian Zionism, the idea that - Christians saying that Israel has to become a state again, that actually started before there was, you know, the Zionism we're all familiar with at the end of the 19th century and the early 20th century. And the Christian Zionists absolutely supported Jewish Zionists because they believed that the prophecy had to be fulfilled. Later, after 1948, which Christians continue to - evangelical Christians continue to see 1948, the establishment of Israel, as a fulfillment of prophecy."

BTW can we talk about the stupidity of trying to fulfill "prophecy"? If I wrote a book saying "There will be a time when a giant Rabbit statue will be built in the plains of Kansas and this will bring upon years of prosperity and growth, and then thousands of years later people start following me and call me a prophet and go out and actively work to build the giant rabbit statue, is that really fullfilling prophecy? To me it sounds like working to make something happen which is in no way prophecy, and that's exactly what it seems evangelicals are doing. In what way is prophecy being fulfilled if people are just doing what you say has to happen?
I think there’s a basis in the Old Testament too, though. If you take the text literally then you have God commending his chosen to carry out a number of massacres. Israel has shinier weapons than they did before, but I’m not sure you could call what they’re doing now significantly different than what they’ve done the last several thousand years.

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: July 20, 2023, 09:31:23 AM »

I think there’s a basis in the Old Testament too, though. If you take the text literally then you have God commending his chosen to carry out a number of massacres. Israel has shinier weapons than they did before, but I’m not sure you could call what they’re doing now significantly different than what they’ve done the last several thousand years.

That's true, just seems like an attempt at a self-fulfilling prophecy and at that point what's the point of calling it a prophecy?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: July 20, 2023, 09:42:00 AM »
My point is I think there are plenty of Americans who don’t buy into the end times narrative but instead are just like “eh, Israel is probably doing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: July 20, 2023, 09:54:10 AM »
My point is I think there are plenty of Americans who don’t buy into the end times narrative but instead are just like “eh, Israel is probably doing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

Absolutely. I admit earlier I overstated when I said a bunch, but there are definitely elected members if not actively trying to bring on the end times are eagerly awaiting it and view Israel being strong as a necessary pathway to the end times and this results in their full support of Israel. This isn't even a conspiracy theory, these reps tell you as much in their own words.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 09:59:10 AM by NickVickandThick »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: July 20, 2023, 10:33:34 AM »

You need to apologize to me, and the rest of this blog.

You will be waiting on my apology like a majority of our govt is waiting on the end times
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: July 20, 2023, 12:17:44 PM »
Quite the little detour ITT.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: July 20, 2023, 12:42:20 PM »
A very enjoyable detour indeed.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: July 20, 2023, 12:44:10 PM »
:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f