Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 230819 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #4875 on: November 01, 2022, 02:35:54 PM »
lukname

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 01, 2022, 02:45:07 PM »
When you know the Ukrainian (NATO, US)  weapons black market is HAF. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/01/us-weapons-ukraine-oversight/

Ukraine- Kicking so much ass they repeatedly ask for  billions upon billions more in  weapons platforms (not just basic resupplies and ammo).

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 01, 2022, 02:56:52 PM »
Lots of videos of Ukrainian soldiers being killed, and Ukrainian military equipment being wrecked (which is why they're asking for billions of dollars of more equipment).

#neocongE just keeps wanting more, tho.

Now the wives of military personnel missing are marching in the streets in Ukraine because their mega corrupt government keeps lying to them.. 

In some NATO countries, stockpiles of weapons are dangerously low, and the industrial economics and even the infrastructure is facing a massive uphill economic and logistics battle in order to re-fill the dwindling stockpiles.

Joe Biden:  Europe's Nagasaki

Tell me that you are reading Russian news 24/7 without telling me...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: November 01, 2022, 03:26:19 PM »
Lots of videos of Ukrainian soldiers being killed, and Ukrainian military equipment being wrecked (which is why they're asking for billions of dollars of more equipment).

#neocongE just keeps wanting more, tho.

Now the wives of military personnel missing are marching in the streets in Ukraine because their mega corrupt government keeps lying to them.. 

In some NATO countries, stockpiles of weapons are dangerously low, and the industrial economics and even the infrastructure is facing a massive uphill economic and logistics battle in order to re-fill the dwindling stockpiles.

Joe Biden:  Europe's Nagasaki

Tell me that you are reading Russian news 24/7 without telling me...
Tell me you’re all in on the Ukrainian Digital Information ministry without telling me.

Only blank check billions more and Ukraine is going to win this war . . . #neocongE

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: November 01, 2022, 03:28:37 PM »
The black market is HAF

https://yle.fi/news/3-12670239

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: November 01, 2022, 03:33:01 PM »
The black market is smoking the super weed?  :Wha:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 01, 2022, 03:34:16 PM »
Participation badge post above

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 02, 2022, 09:13:22 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 02, 2022, 09:52:25 AM »
What a positively childish Tweet aimed at low IQ Call of Duty "Soldiers" and armchair #neocons

People who actually study the prospects of a two front war with Russia and China note that the United States Navy has not fought in a naval war in 77 years.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 02, 2022, 12:21:27 PM »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 02, 2022, 12:37:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1587726245160271873?s=20&t=Yu3S9MD5NaT4FoL0AYfWOA

Being very honest I am surprised they just haven't pulled back to that anyways

That’s basically a surrender position so id be surprised if anyone tried to push them out.  Have it and go back to sucking at everything you try.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: November 02, 2022, 01:47:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1587726245160271873?s=20&t=Yu3S9MD5NaT4FoL0AYfWOA

That’s basically a surrender position so id be surprised if anyone tried to push them out.  Have it and go back to sucking at everything you try.

If they don't 'eff with the dam, they'll be able to keep Crimea in operation with the canal and the Zaporizhzhia power station.  Losing Kherson would be a psychological blow to those in Russia aware of the nuances of the war, albeit offset by keeping Crimea in business. It would force Ukraine's hand to break the land bridge somewhere between Melitopol and Mariupol in order to move the needle in re-establishing pre 2014 borders.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: November 02, 2022, 01:50:04 PM »
dang, woogy knows his eastern european rough ridin' around and finding out pretty well

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: November 02, 2022, 01:59:46 PM »
Yea Woogy post more ITT
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: November 02, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »

If they don't 'eff with the dam, they'll be able to keep Crimea in operation with the canal and the Zaporizhzhia power station.  Losing Kherson would be a psychological blow to those in Russia aware of the nuances of the war, albeit offset by keeping Crimea in business. It would force Ukraine's hand to break the land bridge somewhere between Melitopol and Mariupol in order to move the needle in re-establishing pre 2014 borders.
Woogy, if I'm understanding correctly, the guys on this pod seem to think that blowing the dam effs up the canal that is needed to supply fresh water to Crimea (although Michael admits that he is not an engineering / hydrology expert)

This was a good War On The Rock ep. Michael and Ryan travelled to Ukr and share some of their insights. Sounds like they will have more content behind a paywall regarding their trip.

https://warontherocks.com/2022/10/southward-and-eastward-pressure-on-russian-forces/

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 02, 2022, 03:27:59 PM »

Which is why ultimately I'm surprised they (Russia) hasn't done that. Kherson is going to be an ulcer they can't sustain and cutting their losses while being able to keep the largest nuclear power plant in the world and water seems like a Russia win-win.

And if I'm Ukraine, I'd be trying to break through between the lake and Mariupol, and split off the Crimea that way
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 02, 2022, 03:43:06 PM »
If I'm Ukraine, I'm moving like 3 cannons into Ural.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 06:06:21 PM by Spracne »

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 02, 2022, 04:21:50 PM »
If Iran attacks the Saudi's, as the Saudi's have alleged that Iran is planning on doing, then we might really get this WW3 thing going.  Not good!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-u-s-on-high-alert-after-warning-of-imminent-iranian-attack-11667319274

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 02, 2022, 04:28:26 PM »
Really taking the latest OPEC round of production cuts seriously
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 02, 2022, 04:51:43 PM »

Which is why ultimately I'm surprised they (Russia) hasn't done that. Kherson is going to be an ulcer they can't sustain and cutting their losses while being able to keep the largest nuclear power plant in the world and water seems like a Russia win-win.

And if I'm Ukraine, I'd be trying to break through between the lake and Mariupol, and split off the Crimea that way

The Russians are bad at Risk....

If I'm Ukraine, I'm moving like 3 tanks into Ural.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 07:13:37 PM by Woogy »

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 02, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »

Woogy, if I'm understanding correctly, the guys on this pod seem to think that blowing the dam effs up the canal that is needed to supply fresh water to Crimea (although Michael admits that he is not an engineering / hydrology expert)

This was a good War On The Rock ep. Michael and Ryan travelled to Ukr and share some of their insights. Sounds like they will have more content behind a paywall regarding their trip.

https://warontherocks.com/2022/10/southward-and-eastward-pressure-on-russian-forces/

That seems to be the consensus, yes.  The canal must be fed from the higher elevation of the reservoir pool rather than downstream below the dam.  Ukraine had cut flow to the canal after 2014, so Russia did have some capacity to supply Crimea.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 03, 2022, 08:56:17 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile