Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 229700 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2022, 01:30:24 PM »
Sick

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 24, 2022, 02:01:17 PM »
While enraged #bleuanonGe continues to try and offload blame for all of this on to Don Trump and Tucker Carlson.

Let's all understand that the foreign policy pros/adults  :lol: :lol: of the Biden crap show could have resolved this a long time ago.

Instead, what was and is reaffirmed is that Joe Biden is a NeoCon and his administration is full of NeoCons.    Their ridiculous hard-line stance relative to Ukraine and NATO is lunacy, and they knew it would never fly with Russia, yet they continued to hold the NeoCon line anyway.

Then they doubled down on their hard-line by offering Ukraine nothing more than a few pallets of munitions to protect themselves from Russia.    Which leads to the rightful question of whether they wanted this to happen all along.   Shame-shame-shame on such evil. 

Now #blueanon/#blueanonGe low IQ rank and file has nothing left but to rage about Don Trump and Tucker Carlson and call anyone who doesn't agree with them a traitor and a Putin Puppet.

Sad . . .  :frown: :frown:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 24, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »
I really can't believe how wrong I was about Putin's intentions. Pretty much the entire establishment nailed this one completely and my skepticism at every turn was wrongly placed and I misread every obvious move as having some sort of subtext when it was TEXT in all caps.

I know Pete isn't celebrating because who would at such a terrible outcome, but I still kind of can't believe what we are witnessing as it truly is about the worst that others had said Putin might be up to. I was jaded by the endless Russia predictions and accusations and dismissed what was right in front of me. 

I am going to be watching and reading and hopefully learn something from this.

I still think the West has mishandled NATO and Putin and they possibly errored or misjudged how to handle things in the lead up to this, but there should not be any equivocation: Putin has blood on his hands and is at fault for this.

I hope we can set aside this petty stuff and it would be nice to have a thread about info instead of this petty back and forth.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 24, 2022, 02:23:39 PM »
Our intelligence service really nailed this one. They were calling shots well ahead.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 24, 2022, 02:25:15 PM »
sanctions do not need to be widespread

better specific targeted sanctions to impact the assets and standing of the inner circle

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1496742922888171520

Seize them, float them over near the war area, light them on fire and watch them burn.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 24, 2022, 02:28:05 PM »
How cool would a violent overthrow of the Russian state by its people be, and to have this aggression by their dictator against their Ukrainian brothers be the pretext. Russia is nation of proud people. They’ve been brutalized for centuries by corrupt overlords. Them coming truly into the fold of the West  would pay huge dividends worldwide.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 24, 2022, 02:29:25 PM »
Anyways, what time is that doomsday clock at rn?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 24, 2022, 02:30:27 PM »
I don't think anything can get overthrown without the military in the 21st century.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2022, 02:34:29 PM »
I have some co-workers in countries that border Russia and Ukraine.  To say that they are distraught about it all would be an understatement.  There is also planning meetings going on in the likely hood that internet access gets shutdown in numerous countries due to civil unrest about the invasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »
I really can't believe how wrong I was about Putin's intentions. Pretty much the entire establishment nailed this one completely and my skepticism at every turn was wrongly placed and I misread every obvious move as having some sort of subtext when it was TEXT in all caps.

I know Pete isn't celebrating because who would at such a terrible outcome, but I still kind of can't believe what we are witnessing as it truly is about the worst that others had said Putin might be up to. I was jaded by the endless Russia predictions and accusations and dismissed what was right in front of me. 

I still think the West has mishandled NATO and Putin and they possibly errored or misjudged how to handle things in the lead up to this, but there should not be any equivocation: Putin has blood on his hands and is at fault for this.

I hope we can set aside this petty stuff and it would be nice to have a thread about info instead of this petty back and forth.

Putin and Russia has warned for years that there will ultimately be very serious consequences if NATO continued on the course that they were on.    Yet this administration and key components therein opted to continue down a path they clearly knew would never be suitable to Russia.   Blood is on the Biden administrations hands, period.   

Ukrianian blood is also on the hands of Bill Clinton - The unlawful bombing in the Balkans.   George Bush and the NeoCons for the Middle Eastern and Georgian follies.   Barrack Obama and his overthrow of one Russian client state (still in the midst of war) and attempted overthrow of another Russian client state - Syria (still in the midst of war) - Which ultimately caused Russia to take military action to protect the Syrian government (when they offered to broker an Assad exit years earlier, that was rejected by Obama and the West).   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
How cool would a violent overthrow of the Russian state by its people be, and to have this aggression by their dictator against their Ukrainian brothers be the pretext. Russia is nation of proud people. They’ve been brutalized for centuries by corrupt overlords. Them coming truly into the fold of the West  would pay huge dividends worldwide.

This might ultimately be the route out though I cannot image his replacement will be a great person.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2022, 02:39:35 PM »

Putin and Russia has warned for years that there will ultimately be very serious consequences if NATO continued on the course that they were on.    Yet this administration and key components therein opted to continue down a path they clearly knew would never be suitable to Russia.   Blood is on the Biden administrations hands, period.   

Ukrianian blood is also on the hands of Bill Clinton - The unlawful bombing in the Balkans.   George Bush and the NeoCons for the Middle Eastern and Georgian follies.   Barrack Obama and his overthrow of one Russian client state (still in the midst of war) and attempted overthrow of another Russian client state - Syria (still in the midst of war) - Which ultimately caused Russia to take military action to protect the Syrian government (when they offered to broker an Assad exit years earlier, that was rejected by Obama and the West).

Yes. Putin and the Russian State/Military deserve the ultimate blame and scorn, but blowback is real and there are consequences for the US’s constant meddling in the affairs and politics we don’t understand and “devil may care” attitude to perspective, even of adversaries.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2022, 02:43:00 PM »
I read this morning that china stated that Ukraine is russias Taiwan and they therefore have the right to do this.

I read a few hours later that china sent 5 fighter jets into Taiwan airspace today.

Anyone else think china may let NATO get focused on Vlad then move into Taiwan?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2022, 02:44:42 PM »
I read this morning that china stated that Ukraine is russias Taiwan and they therefore have the right to do this.

I read a few hours later that china sent 5 fighter jets into Taiwan airspace today.

I think this is exactly what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »

This has nothing to do with Syria. Absolutely nothing.

And NATO is absolutely a problem and has escalated things but there can be no equivocating about what this is. This is absolute madness, if Putin had temporarily stationed some troops in Donetsk or tried to enforce a no fly zone or literally anything short of sending cruise missiles to every airport in Ukraine and threatening nuclear Armageddon, but the time for US being blamed for this action is far gone.

Putin had agency, his hands were not tied in anyway. He chose to do this.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 24, 2022, 02:54:10 PM »

Yes. Putin and the Russian State/Military deserve the ultimate blame and scorn, but blowback is real and there are consequences for the US’s constant meddling in the affairs and politics we don’t understand and “devil may care” attitude to perspective, even of adversaries.

You disappoint me, Nic. And dax, you're an absolute clown fart for getting all giddy about this.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2022, 03:02:50 PM »
The only interest Putin has in NATO is that NATO makes it harder for him to invade. He was going to invade regardless. No NATO agreement was going to change that. The idea that it could is total bullshit excuse making.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2022, 03:07:21 PM »
The only interest Putin has in NATO is that NATO makes it harder for him to invade. He was going to invade regardless. No NATO agreement was going to change that. The idea that it could is total bullshit excuse making.
Shouldn't need to be said but apparently needs to be said.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 24, 2022, 03:08:27 PM »

He's not going to invade a NATO country because his embarrassing defeat would cause him to be deposed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2022, 03:08:53 PM »

You disappoint me, Nic. And dax, you're an absolute clown fart for getting all giddy about this.

Only a total crap for brains thinks there's anyone that's giddy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2022, 03:11:23 PM »

NATO had nothing to do with the plans he has been making for years.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2022, 03:12:25 PM »

The US actually has a lot of financial incentive to defend Taiwan militarily, so I think that one might play out a little bit different. It's also not even a given that Putin gains any of Ukraine from this.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2022, 03:12:38 PM »
man the most chilling thing was when intelligence said "russia is going to attack, they just moved blood to the front lines"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2022, 03:13:13 PM »
NATO has everything to do with Putin's plans he's been making for years.