Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 229596 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #6275 on: March 28, 2023, 09:19:37 PM »
Yeah, a FAFO where the one's who found out (the most) were our alleged allies.

Imagine being involved in a political movement that had a complete meltdown about Trump who:  Told NATO to spend more money one defense (hurting Russia).  Who told European countries, particularly the Germans to stop buying Natural Gas from Russia (hurting Russia) and buy it from the United States instead (America First).  Opened up Poland for further military expansion by NATO toward Russia (hurting Russia . . . this after #blueanon's Barrack Obama blocked additional military expansion by the U.S. into Poland including stopping an ABM system deployment in Poland . . . which should have enraged #neocongE)

Only to fully support a guy who drops triple deckers on our European allies on an almost daily basis . . . he doesn't know he's doing it, because he doesn't have the mental capacity to know he's doing it, but he is . . .

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: March 28, 2023, 09:24:52 PM »
What @sys

remember when i asked you if you could stop putting an @ in front of my username when you wanted to reference me and you agreed that it would not inconvenience you to comply with that request?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: March 28, 2023, 10:12:29 PM »
ultimately it is two people appealing to authority to a large degree.

this is not accurate.  hersh details an account that is entirely sourced (he claims) from an anonymous informant.  a reader is entirely reliant on hersh to have exercised some judgement as to how reliable the source is.  there is no effort presented to corroborate any detail with publicly available evidence.

but the other author does not appeal to authority.  instead they present publicly available evidence that conflicts with hersh's account.  a reader is only asked to trust that the author is not intentionally falsifying the evidence presented (which an unusually motivated reader  could independently check).  this is not an appeal to authority.

I think it is more likely he got some details wrong or partially wrong but has the overall story right or somewhat right...I think this is the part that was most specific and convincing about a detail Hersh got wrong.

this is important.  hersh's account is full of specific details.  he does not present a hypothesis about who may have blown up the pipelines.  he presents an account that claims to tell exactly how this happened.  but when many of the details presented prove false, what reason remains to consider any of the information allegedly obtained from the same source as reliable?  the believability of the story hinges on the details presented.

I think part of what gives the Hersh story more credibility for me is the total lack of reasonable alternatives that have been offered and the circumstantial case that the US did in fact do this between the very public pronouncements of motive, and the unique opportunity that the US military has.

so here, i think it is important to be clear about what falsifying hersh's story means and doesn't mean.  it means that (assuming the information presented by the other guy is true) the pipelines were not blown up in the manner claimed by hersh.  it means his story is nonsense (much like most of the other crap he's claimed in the last decade or so).

it doesn't mean that it is any more or any less likely that the united states was involved in blowing up the pipelines.  it doesn't mean that any other hypothesized explanation is any more or less likely to be accurate.  it just means that hersh is full of crap.

and the opposite is also true.  you can make the judgement that you think the united states was involved, but this does not mean that hersh's account is any more likely to be accurate.  because we have evidence that it is not accurate.
Second things first, I got a bit long winded but was going to make the point that you made here. I don’t think I have hid from the beginning that my priors make me pretty likely to believe the US had a hand in it. I didn’t really know how, but suspected it before the Hersh article and said as much here. That really hasn’t changed and I still am interested in how the third party investigations turn out and what results/evidence is shared and will take that much more seriously than this OSINT guy.

Hersh has a single source story, that offers up specific things that his source (and Hersh because he wrote it) are saying happened. What I am saying is I don’t think from my reading of the debunking that I have a good way to measure some of the things that the OSINT guy claims substantively disprove Hersh’s claims. Again, I know it is self serving, but Hersh said intelligence would manipulate publicly available info to cover tracks. Is that what can explain the discrepancies? Is it really blowing a huge hole in Hersh’s case that the divers/minesweeping cover story was already included in the exercises? Is this a distinction without a difference? Again, I too would like more reporting on the subject but I have seen very minimal mainstream reporting on the Hersh article even work on debunking it so we are left with two sub stacks arguing with each other!

So the appeal to authority I am talking about is the relative weight we should give the details that the OSINT guy picks out, and his analysis of them. One example off the top of my head is “I could write a whole article about” how wrong it was when Hersh says a remote delayed fuse. Does this matter? I don’t know, but OSINT guy says trust him he knows.

Scahill speaks to some of this in the article and I just don’t know if it is very important at all that the cover story about divers and mine sweeping was like clumsily inserted in to the exercise or was already there but it just does not seem all that relevant to me when evaluating if this happened or not. I have no idea, I must trust that this is very important according to OSINT guy.

Like you said, it is possible Hersh is totally full of crap but the US did it a different way. I take Hersh seriously as a journalist and took the Osama article seriously too whereas you dismiss both so it is very understandable we would give Hersh different amounts of deference as a reputable source. Scahill goes through some possibilities here including that maybe someone fed Hersh some bad info or partially bad info to muddle the whole thing up. We just can’t really know or evaluate that because it is a single anonymous source. I’m just saying Hersh has a long track record that we can look to, although we might reach different conclusions on what that record indicates.

When someone on here posts a picture of a snake and you identify it for everyone, we could of course attempt to second guess and verify ourselves but there is at least some skill in identifying the parts and classifying them. The same is true of the publicly available info the OSINT guy uses to debunk Hersh. You have presented this as though Hersh was saying that the score of the kstate game was 79-78 and kstate won where as ESPN and anyone watching the game knows that isn’t true. I don’t think it is that cut and dry.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: March 28, 2023, 10:49:19 PM »
KK, I love you, but not that much.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: March 28, 2023, 10:51:54 PM »
Some people have difficulty with more complex issues

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: March 28, 2023, 11:08:56 PM »
KK, I love you, but not that much.
Ha

Ok. Will re-read for you and sys. It really was a huge pain in the ass reading on a phone with the ad in the middle, maybe coloring my perception as well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #6281 on: March 29, 2023, 07:44:50 AM »
The calls to ban TikTok from #armchair neocons/#neocongE will increase exponentially

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/28/energy-hungry-tiktok-data-centre-ukraine-ammunition-production-nammo-norway

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #6282 on: March 29, 2023, 07:56:57 AM »
Imagine a combined $2 trillion dollar plus (edit) annual military industrial complex paying analysts and consultants hundreds of millions of dollars collectively over the last decade in the run up to this war.

Only to discover that these deep thinkers missed the ammunition consumption/black market selling of one little UkroGrifter country by . . . 15x

Lotta high end booze, private jet trips, hookers and blow on the yacht, caviar and prime beef was consumed during this grift.

Grats to all involved.

Hopefully the Biden’s can launder that money through and avoid more SAR’s at Treasury
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 08:06:28 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: March 29, 2023, 05:10:15 PM »
looks to me like W is having a coors light

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6285 on: March 29, 2023, 05:24:19 PM »
looks to me like W is having a coors light
[/]

“solution miracle pour vous monsieur le président”
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: March 29, 2023, 10:53:24 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: March 30, 2023, 06:35:13 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: March 30, 2023, 10:06:53 AM »
Let's see - the latest Lockheed HyperSonic missile doesn't work, the new ICBM's that Barrack "Nobel Peace Prize Winner" Obama signed off on are over budget and behind (which always means going even more over budget), and the Army figured out that tanks don't mean crap anymore on the modern battlefield.

Throw another $100 billion on the fire and see if that helps.

The defense industry . . . the greatest grift on the planet.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: March 30, 2023, 10:22:12 AM »
Let's see - the latest Lockheed HyperSonic missile doesn't work, the new ICBM's that Barrack "Nobel Peace Prize Winner" Obama signed off on are over budget and behind (which always means going even more over budget), and the Army figured out that tanks don't mean crap anymore on the modern battlefield.

Is your position to defund the military dax

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: March 30, 2023, 12:07:40 PM »
I think we need to recognize Dax’s meme game is on fire as of late
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: March 30, 2023, 12:11:13 PM »

Is your position to defund the military dax

Let's define "defund".  Are  you talking about a decrease in the desired increase (but still a budget increase)"defund" . . . which of course sends #blueanon into a total rage??

Or are you talking about a defund in the sense of (for example) taking 1000's of cops off the streets and then sitting there aghast that crime increases and stores start shutting down because they can longer sustain the rate of loss . . . kind of defund?? 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:16:16 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: April 03, 2023, 05:39:15 PM »
I think I’d prefer surprise explosion to falling out of a window
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: April 03, 2023, 06:21:26 PM »
Totally. Guy got off easy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: April 04, 2023, 09:50:11 AM »
Finland is NATO now.  LOL at Vladimir

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: April 04, 2023, 10:58:02 AM »
Sleepy Joe and the Decadent West tighten the noose around the Russian people:

https://twitter.com/AlexKokcharov/status/1643279623952760834?s=20

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: April 04, 2023, 11:13:02 AM »
didn't russia mess around and find out with Finland in the past?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: April 04, 2023, 11:24:25 AM »
didn't russia mess around and find out with Finland in the past?
Just goes to show how deeply Russophobia has become entrenched around the world. Russia's neighbors suddenly feel they have no choice but to give up their neutrality and enter defensive alliances with imperial powers like Estonia.