Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 229743 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #2350 on: April 18, 2022, 04:30:41 PM »
Dax, do you believe Putin is winning his war?

Why are you asking me this question?

The bigger questions you need to be asking are:  . . .

:rolleyes:

:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

He asked you a simple, direct question. Yes, no, or I don't know are proper responses. It's almost as though everything you accuse others of doing is merely projection.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 18, 2022, 04:34:20 PM »

He asked you a simple, direct question. Yes, no, or I don't know are proper responses. It's almost as though everything you accuse others of doing is merely projection.

If we're talking about likely taking over a vast swath of Ukraine, I would say yes, Putin is winning this war.

The only thing keeping Ukraine in this is all the weapons pouring in and the help they're getting from U.S. and NATO.

I understand, Obama - Biden doesn't want to take yet another L from Vlad, so they're going to fight to the last Ukrainian, even if it means continuing to arm and train Nazi's.

But there's no use in having this discussion because #neoconGe has fully imposed the Bush Doctrine on this one.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 18, 2022, 04:47:30 PM »

If we're talking about likely taking over a vast swath of Ukraine, I would say yes, Putin is winning this war.

The only thing keeping Ukraine in this is all the weapons pouring in and the help they're getting from U.S. and NATO.

I understand, Obama - Biden doesn't want to take yet another L from Vlad, so they're going to fight to the last Ukrainian, even if it means continuing to arm and train Nazi's.

But there's no use in having this discussion because #neoconGe has fully imposed the Bush Doctrine on this one.

So you want Ukrainians to surrender themselves to Russia?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: April 18, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »
He wants the United States to surrender the Ukrainians to Russia.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 18, 2022, 05:17:48 PM »
He wants the United States to surrender the Ukrainians to Russia.

When in reality russia is closer to surrender than ukraine

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #2355 on: April 18, 2022, 05:24:43 PM »
I remain deeply skeptical that Russia comes away from this without big territorial concessions but I think Russia cutting its losses and withdrawing would be the best outcome. I’m not sure Russia and Ukraine having a long drawn out conflict is a great outcome even if Ukraine is “winning” in the sense that Russia is not able to overthrow the government in Kyiv.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 18, 2022, 05:39:48 PM »
I remain deeply skeptical that Russia comes away from this without big territorial concessions but I think Russia cutting its losses and withdrawing would be the best outcome. I’m not sure Russia and Ukraine having a long drawn out conflict is a great outcome even if Ukraine is “winning” in the sense that Russia is not able to overthrow the government in Kyiv.

They are definitely not overthrowing the gov.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #2357 on: April 18, 2022, 05:44:52 PM »

So you want Ukrainians to surrender themselves to Russia?
Or how about the United States sat down with the Ukrainians and the Russians for serious negations before this all got started.

Some of you have clearly never negotiated anything.   So you just parrot the initial hardline from both sides. 

This has been decades in the making.  On top of the fact that Ukraine was and is one of the most corrupt nations in the world.  The US and the EU really did conduct a coup and yes their really are ultra nationalists and Nazi’s interwoven into the whole of Ukrainian society, the government and the military and trying to use some simpleton formula of parliamentary seats as some kind of gauge is a joke.   Remember, Zelensky wanted to negotiate after he got elected and the ultra nationalists threatened his life. 

Oh and only a complete crap for brains thinks the United States would be surrounding anything. 

Based on the reaction to people calling for peace.  Congratulations again former ProgLibs:  You are now the NeoCons you once hated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 18, 2022, 10:24:29 PM »
Time for #neoconGe just to admit that the Joe "shakes hands with air" Biden administration needs the side show war desperately.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 19, 2022, 06:06:12 AM »
I agree with Dax that Putin has achieved at least directionally what he set out to accomplish. He certainly embarrassed himself more than anticipated with the military losses sustained but ultimately he will control the separatist regions he wanted to and Ukraine will likely agree to never join NATO.  The ruble survived the sanctions as far as I can tell and I suspect all the companies that withdrew from Russia will quietly resume operations shortly after an official end to the fighting occurs. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 19, 2022, 07:43:34 AM »
Putin was going to be able to "claim" a victory no matter what.  However, the most significant outcome is the the ENTIRE WORLD now knows that the Russian Military is a joke, that happens to have some nukes. 

RUSSIA IS VERY WEAK. SAD!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 19, 2022, 08:18:14 AM »
putin's power over other former bloc regions is now almost non-existent. they all know they can whip his ass in a shooting war if needed. but the soviet economy was in absolute shambles prior to this and will be coming out of this so no harm done there probably. a lot of lmao mad oligarchs though who no longer get to parade around the world with their football teams and yachts so easily.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 19, 2022, 08:28:14 AM »
Gain some territory that you basically already controlled at the cost of hundreds of billions of dollars and tazing the balls of your military in front of the world.

to own the libs

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 19, 2022, 08:54:59 AM »
I agree with Dax that Putin has achieved at least directionally what he set out to accomplish. He certainly embarrassed himself more than anticipated with the military losses sustained but ultimately he will control the separatist regions he wanted to and Ukraine will likely agree to never join NATO.  The ruble survived the sanctions as far as I can tell and I suspect all the companies that withdrew from Russia will quietly resume operations shortly after an official end to the fighting occurs.

He would have been able to control those regions without a war, so I disagree that he achieved anything with his war. His goal was to execute Zelenskyy and put his own puppet government in place, and that is not going to happen.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 19, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »
I hope that guy doesn't know what he's talking about because this is a few posts in to the thread:

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1516162587540398085

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 19, 2022, 11:09:43 AM »
I hope that guy doesn't know what he's talking about because this is a few posts in to the thread:

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1516162587540398085
His threads are interesting to read but a bit hyperbolic, imho.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 19, 2022, 11:13:27 AM »
What is a tactical nuke for the uninitiated?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 19, 2022, 11:16:31 AM »
Battlefield nuke.  I think nuclear artillery shells was a thing that existed at some point in time.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 19, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »

wraparound nukes

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: April 19, 2022, 11:35:34 AM »
Who knows about the use of nuclear weapons? The interesting aspect to me is thoughts about deeply held cultural views that aren't simply going to vanish with a treaty.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 19, 2022, 11:52:41 AM »
I think that was a decent point, but again it is hard to separate out the propaganda from the deeply held beliefs on both sides in any war but this one especially. I think we will just have to see how it ends to get a better picture of what the intentions were/are on both sides.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 19, 2022, 12:41:34 PM »

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the scorched earth nukes are actually like 10 nukes in a single rocket that split off in flight and can hit 10 targets (known as MIRV). I think tactical nukes in this context is a single warhead weapon with more "precision".
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 19, 2022, 12:59:40 PM »
My antivaxx, MAQA aunt showed up at a weekend family gathering with an "I Love Russia" bumper sticker on their vehicle. The kids were like "wtf is that dad???" How do you explain to the kids that "your seemingly sane Antivaxx Aunt has become so addicted to being contrarian that they choose to celebrate murderous fascist regimes"?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 19, 2022, 01:07:48 PM »
I'd just tell the kids that their aunt has crap for brains and it isn't nice to bring it up.