Author Topic: TRUMP v. NOBODY! 2024 PRIMARY BLOODBATH!  (Read 60349 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: TRUMP v. DESANTIS! LAST MAGA STANDING 2024 BLOODBATH SHOWDOWN!
« Reply #1100 on: February 26, 2023, 07:47:23 AM »
DeSoros will support US assistance to Ukraine. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 26, 2023, 12:04:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1629890716078882817

I wonder how pubs like Asa Hutchinson and Chris Sununu will respond.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 26, 2023, 02:32:30 PM »
That pledge is in no way binding and, of course, is an absolutely stupid thing to hold their candidates to. There's literally not a single benefit of requiring that.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 26, 2023, 03:01:23 PM »
That pledge is in no way binding and, of course, is an absolutely stupid thing to hold their candidates to. There's literally not a single benefit of requiring that.

You don't think Republican voters will hold their politicians to account for lying?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 26, 2023, 03:21:02 PM »

You don't think Republican voters will hold their politicians to account for lying?

The only thing they hate more than lying is hypocrisy

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 26, 2023, 03:29:36 PM »

I irl lol’d

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 26, 2023, 03:33:40 PM »

This is legit funny but it isn't something we can lay at the feet of republicans. Let's say the Governor of Maryland runs in the presidential primaries, they lose to a candidate that they have fundamental issues with, this leads to the governor not endorsing anyone for president, they just choose to stay out of it. Would you, as a Marylander, then not vote for them as governor for their second term, because their party forced them to sign this pledge?

People, of both parties, care about a billion more things than a bullshit loyalty pledge. That's some crap we did in elementary school when we built clubhouses with our friends.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 26, 2023, 03:41:38 PM »
Like promise rings

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 26, 2023, 04:12:23 PM »
I don't have a problem with the pledge. Pre-2020 it would be completely normal and accepted. However, this time around there's the added caveat that the presumptive nominee led a siege of the capitol. Most candidates will overlook that but I think one or two will struggle with it even though they could lie or change their mind after taking this non-binding pledge.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 26, 2023, 05:37:00 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 26, 2023, 05:50:00 PM »
Desoros is finished
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 26, 2023, 07:20:11 PM »

I irl lol’d

Me too
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 27, 2023, 01:10:30 PM »
First Soros and now the Bushes.  Might as well fire up the Trump/Santos tshirts already

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 27, 2023, 03:11:54 PM »
Trunmp has called ron a total poc though.

Person of color? Next level MAGA’n iyam.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 27, 2023, 03:59:20 PM »
Trunmp has called ron a total poc though.

Person of color? Next level MAGA’n iyam.
I still love the way Trump takes credit for placing DeSoros in power over the citizens of Florida yet simultaneously denounces him an evil globalist and Covid lockdown fanatic.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 02, 2023, 02:30:16 PM »
rumors that he has cooked up a new nickname after many days of brainstorming

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 02, 2023, 02:43:16 PM »
rumors that he has cooked up a new nickname after many days of brainstorming

I saw the other day that there’s a drag performer who looks exactly like mags hero George santos and that performers stage name is Meatball so maybe don is going to double down on Meatball with this added context

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 02, 2023, 02:48:03 PM »
Santos is such a maga superstar right now, it might backfire

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 03, 2023, 04:14:06 PM »
Rest easy hyper enraged #blueanongE, The Intercept is on the case:

The Intercept

The moment Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis makes his 2024 presidential bid official, he’ll immediately become one of the leading contenders to be the next president of the United States.

As one of the Republican Party’s most sharp-elbowed culture warriors, he’s become a Fox News darling by attacking everyone and everything from asylum-seekers to LGBTQ+ people to Advanced Placement African American history.

But while DeSantis has made himself a right-wing star by “owning the libs,” far less well known is the story of DeSantis’s actual record as governor and representative — as well as the wealthy corporate interests and political machine behind his rise in Florida politics.

That’s why, at The Intercept, we’re determined to find out: What doesn’t Ron DeSantis want the American people to know about him?

Will you donate and help support our team of hard-hitting investigative journalists as they dig to uncover and expose all the facts about Ron DeSantis?

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/intercept_join?akid=7291.771512.xfnl18&amount=100&express_lane=true&rd=1&refcode=em_intercept_20230224_nm_desantis-political-machine-florida&refcode2=7291_771512_xfnl18&t=12

Special Note:

Need a #blueanongE mouthpiece rating on the Intercept

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 04, 2023, 07:19:59 AM »
dax, what irl are you doing, lmao

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 04, 2023, 08:13:42 AM »
Rest easy hyper enraged #blueanongE, The Intercept is on the case:

The Intercept

The moment Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis makes his 2024 presidential bid official, he’ll immediately become one of the leading contenders to be the next president of the United States.

As one of the Republican Party’s most sharp-elbowed culture warriors, he’s become a Fox News darling by attacking everyone and everything from asylum-seekers to LGBTQ+ people to Advanced Placement African American history.

But while DeSantis has made himself a right-wing star by “owning the libs,” far less well known is the story of DeSantis’s actual record as governor and representative — as well as the wealthy corporate interests and political machine behind his rise in Florida politics.

That’s why, at The Intercept, we’re determined to find out: What doesn’t Ron DeSantis want the American people to know about him?

Will you donate and help support our team of hard-hitting investigative journalists as they dig to uncover and expose all the facts about Ron DeSantis?

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/intercept_join?akid=7291.771512.xfnl18&amount=100&express_lane=true&rd=1&refcode=em_intercept_20230224_nm_desantis-political-machine-florida&refcode2=7291_771512_xfnl18&t=12

Special Note:

Need a #blueanongE mouthpiece rating on the Intercept

Send me your login and I will rate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 04, 2023, 09:10:28 AM »

Question, why in the wide world of sports would you ask why I posted something about The Intercept asking for money to investigate Ron Desantis, in the (one of the soon to be many) Ron Desantis thread?

Until further notice I'll have to rate your post as a 7/7 on the Spracne/StarBot.7/#slowdug - Trying Way Too Hard scale . . . which is 1000% accurate at all times

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 04, 2023, 09:42:39 AM »

Question, why in the wide world of sports would you ask why I posted something about The Intercept asking for money to investigate Ron Desantis, in the (one of the soon to be many) Ron Desantis thread?

Until further notice I'll have to rate your post as a 7/7 on the Spracne/StarBot.7/#slowdug - Trying Way Too Hard scale . . . which is 1000% accurate at all times

I will merge all desoros threads with this one if you send me your login for the intercept.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 04, 2023, 09:43:59 AM »
I don't have a problem with the pledge. Pre-2020 it would be completely normal and accepted. However, this time around there's the added caveat that the presumptive nominee led a siege of the capitol. Most candidates will overlook that but I think one or two will struggle with it even though they could lie or change their mind after taking this non-binding pledge.
I think if we are going to have a two party system and we are going to have primaries where voters decide the candidates that are nominated it doesn’t make much sense. If everyone just gets to say “welp good game!” And then smile and endorse their former opponents it underscores the lack of trust that people put in to the people running to actually represent different policies and or wings of their respective parties. Would anyone truly believe it if Trump signed the pledge? Or even Pete (who probably was hoping for better than Transportation when he helped kneecap Bernie)?

I think insofar as Obama, Trump and Bernie exposed the large number of people unhappy with the two party system with “the party decides” politics it has been a positive development. I mean Kamala basically said Biden wanted her to attend a segregated schools and then slotted in as VP without much second thought so the problem isn’t specific to a pledge.

If Ted Cruz stuck to his guns and never capitulated on Trump I would still think he was a demon, but I would have a bit more respect for him. I think most people feel that way.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 04, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »

I will merge all desoros threads with this one if you send me your login for the intercept.

I don't think the Intercept cost anything. 

Just so very very weird