Author Topic: Possible oscar Weber Replacements Thread  (Read 34026 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Possible oscar Weber Replacements Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2022, 07:26:56 PM »
you know how long it takes to build an extraordinarily successful college basketball program from the ground up? like 4 minutes. If anything a fresh start would be a positive. out with the old, in with the new. how dang exciting will that be.

Even easier with the transfer portal. A hotshot new coach could have a brand new starting 5, all with previous major college experience, before they can change the office name plate.

This should actually be the first question in our interview process.  "Who are you brining with you?"  It certainly was for Tim Weiser, god rest his soul. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »
The punishment for getting caught "cheating" in college basketball is identical to the reward for "doing things the right way" in college basketball. 

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »
The punishment for getting caught "cheating" in college basketball is identical to the reward for "doing things the right way" in college basketball.

yeah, there's a bunch of coaches who took a bit of a spanking, but almost everyone's worked their way back.

exceptions that come to  mind: dave bliss and donnie tyndall

edit: altho of course i'm sure all kinds of assistants have been shitcanned all to hell

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2022, 08:38:13 PM »
If Weber gets canned at the end of the year, we will get a new coach and many new players. Better or worse with the transfer portal? Will 1 or 2 or 7 current players leave?  Just asking.
Then we can root for them while playing for other teams like everybody did for Angel. Can’t wait, there will be so many other games to watch!!!

I'll field this one...

First of all, no one gives a eff about the program now, so whatever happens to whomever the players are on the current squad is really no big deal.

Second, if these players can be recruited and signed by oscar rough ridin' Weber, the new dude can convince them to stay (assuming he wants them).  EASILY.

This was the most perfect and sad answer possible. lol

I thought y'all like Curtis Kelly and Shane Southwell? We don't care about them either?
I am all for taking a flyer on Shane!
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2022, 09:15:54 PM »
If Weber gets canned at the end of the year, we will get a new coach and many new players. Better or worse with the transfer portal? Will 1 or 2 or 7 current players leave?  Just asking.
Then we can root for them while playing for other teams like everybody did for Angel. Can’t wait, there will be so many other games to watch!!!

I'll field this one...

First of all, no one gives a eff about the program now, so whatever happens to whomever the players are on the current squad is really no big deal.

Second, if these players can be recruited and signed by oscar rough ridin' Weber, the new dude can convince them to stay (assuming he wants them).  EASILY.

I thought y'all like Curtis Kelly and Shane Southwell? We don't care about them either?

Look, everyone agrees that the Huggs/Frank players were wonderful, and the oscar players were not.  Those are facts that are not being debated here.

So you liked them as players for Frank but not as assistants for oscar? Help me understand.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2022, 09:21:46 PM »
A lot of oscar players have been great, the premise is flawed.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2022, 10:05:39 PM »

I'll field this one...

Look, everyone agrees that the Huggs/Frank players were wonderful, and the oscar players were not.  Those are facts that are not being debated here.

So you liked them as players for Frank but not as assistants for oscar? Help me understand.
Who is an assistant for oscar?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2022, 10:06:44 PM »
anyway, oscar has now won against 2 ranked teams in a row, so he’s not going anywhere. I will check in again next year to see if this looks promising.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2022, 10:08:24 PM »
anyway, oscar has now won against 2 ranked teams in a row, so he’s not going anywhere. I will check in again next year to see if this looks promising.

Probably will be 3 in a row when he Bruces the hawks at home.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2022, 10:25:05 PM »

I'll field this one...

You may be right, Manhattan is a Mecca for future all-Americans. They flock there.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2022, 10:27:02 PM »

Guess we are about to find out how bad Brucey wants to keep cashing 3 million worth of checks from kstate every year.

Probably will be 3 in a row when he Bruces the hawks at home.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2022, 10:28:34 PM »

I'll field this one...

You may be right, Manhattan is a Mecca for future all-Americans. They flock there.
They did for a little while.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2022, 10:39:19 PM »
He's never leaving, is he?  :bawl:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2022, 10:38:08 AM »
Winning basketball games is really fun. Winning Big 12 basketball games is really really fun. Winning Big 12 road games is really really rough ridin' fun.

I want oscar gone, but I also want to win every single basketball game we play.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2022, 06:41:40 PM »
Winning basketball games is really fun. Winning Big 12 basketball games is really really fun. Winning Big 12 road games is really really rough ridin' fun.

I want oscar gone, but I also want to win every single basketball game we play.

I don't think we can have both. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2022, 07:35:48 PM »
If oscar makes the tournament he can and should stay. 

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2022, 07:42:30 PM »
NO!  No..No..No..No..No!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2022, 07:49:29 PM »
He has his five conference wins, he's safe

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2022, 08:18:17 PM »
Nijel beating KU at the piss barn and propelling the cats to a tourney berth would be especially tasty

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2022, 10:35:52 PM »
Nijel beating KU at the piss barn and propelling the cats to a tourney berth would be especially tasty

would take

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2022, 11:59:33 PM »
We won't beat KU in L-dog but we're gonna get our first conference tournament title since 1980.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2022, 12:05:02 AM »
Imagine not being able to have fun watching sports because you don't like a 65 year old man because he doesn't coach basketball like you want him to.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2022, 12:54:28 AM »
It's not fun because we don't win enough.  I'd love oscar if he won more.  He wins some, but not enough. 

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2022, 01:07:15 AM »

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2022, 08:48:46 AM »
Imagine not being able to have fun watching sports because you don't like a 65 year old man because he doesn't coach basketball like you want him to.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, tht's the problem.