Author Topic: Supreme Court Cases Thread  (Read 30351 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Reply #825 on: July 01, 2022, 11:53:44 AM »
A "Judge Clarence" tv show focused on parental disputes would be quality daytime programming.

He would call everyone groomer and that they were trafficers

He would give full custody to rapist fathers after applauding the mother for choosing life under difficult circumstances.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 01, 2022, 08:58:17 PM »
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/01/ohio-girl-10-among-patients-going-indiana-abortion/778841500

On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Could Bernard help?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 05, 2022, 08:35:37 PM »
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3544588-10-year-old-girl-denied-abortion-in-ohio/

Sounds like she should have thought about that before spreading her legs smh

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 10, 2022, 06:51:29 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pregnant-texas-woman-says-unborn-baby-count-car-passenger-receiving-ho-rcna37531?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fs=e&s=cl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty good argument for getting out of a ticket. Bet it will get tossed. It's not like traffic courts issue reasoned opinions anyway, so it's not like it will become precedent. But she's a sharp cookie.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 13, 2022, 02:20:42 PM »
What a piece of crap.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/13/ohio-attorney-general-rejoices-arrest-child-rape-suspect/10048250002/
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost appeared on Fox News this week, casting doubt on the veracity of Dr. Caitlin Bernard's account that a 10-year-old Ohio rape victim needed to travel to Indiana for an abortion.

Yost, a Republican, doubled down on that in an interview with the USA TODAY Network Ohio bureau on Tuesday.

"Every day that goes by the more likely that this is a fabrication. I know the cops and prosecutors in this state. There's not one of them that wouldn't be turning over every rock, looking for this guy and they would have charged him," he said. "I'm not saying it could not have happened. What I'm saying to you is there is not a damn scintilla of evidence. And shame on the Indianapolis paper that ran this thing on a single source who has an obvious axe to grind.""

After news broke Wednesday of an arrest in the case, Yost issued a single sentence statement: "We rejoice anytime a child rapist is taken off the streets."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 13, 2022, 03:05:04 PM »
Worth noting the WSJ hasn't retracted their piece from yesterday, which appeared in the print edition today.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 13, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »
lucky for the *alleged* victim that Indiana doctors would perform the procedure endorse State sponsored murder instead of agreeing to enforce Ohio law. That would certainly have been a comity of errors.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 13, 2022, 04:26:01 PM »
lucky for the *alleged* victim that Indiana doctors would perform the procedure endorse State sponsored murder instead of agreeing to enforce Ohio law. That would certainly have been a comity of errors.

I see you, fam.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 13, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »
 :gocho: I don’t get many opportunities to play to the spracs and stones and trims of this blog, but I take em when I get em

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 20, 2022, 09:49:29 AM »
IDEA:  Can we make miscarriages that result from fertility treatments felonies at the same level as murder?  If someone attempts to create life through non-100%-natural means, and they succeed at creating that life (happens at the instant of fertilization), and fail to ensure that life is sustained, then they took the risk and need to be punished for it, right?

Also, we may need to look into charging anyone who has a miscarriage with murder if they did not adhere to every recommended prenatal care item. For example, if a mother consumes a caffeinated beverage and has a miscarriage, then perhaps the mother should be charged with murder. Perhaps not murder 1, but at least manslaughter.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 20, 2022, 09:52:57 AM »
What should the punishment for pregnant women drinking caffeine be?

Clearly this is a crime, right?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 20, 2022, 09:54:02 AM »
If a restaurant serves caffeinated beverage to a pregnant woman, what should that punishment be?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 20, 2022, 10:02:02 AM »
If a restaurant serves caffeinated beverage to a pregnant woman, what should that punishment be?

$100,000 fine.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2022, 10:12:44 AM »

$100,000 fine.
Tough, but fair.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 20, 2022, 10:25:54 AM »
here's what we do Pete. We start at starbucks for example. We need some motivated citizens ready to step up. Anytime a person whose body contains a uterus orders a caffienated beverage, they will be immediately subject to a urine pregnancy test. If they can not (or will not) provide indisputable proof that they are not with child at the time of purchase...I say at minimum, charge them with attempted murder. If they are found to be pregnant, to me that gets you a fast pass to the front of the line for the chair. jmho.

But i'm a fair and reasonable person, i think there have to be limits. What caffeine level is acceptable? Technically even decaf isn't 100% caffeine free. The last thing we need to do is step on personal liberty. There's about 100 mg of caffeine in a cup of coffee...so i dunno maybe we cap it at 5 mg? As long as you drink contains less than 5mg of caffeine then like, okay fine, but tread lightly. If you're coming in 3x a day ordering these 5mg'ers you'll definitely end up on a watchlist.

The more i think about it, i'm not sure its worth the risk. I think we just ban all women from consuming caffeine. And soft cheese. and salmon. and alcohol. At this point i really can't see any cause that justifies the risk. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 20, 2022, 10:31:57 AM »
Yeah, agree on most of that. Perhaps if a person with a uterus can prove they are infertile then they can get a license to consume caffeine.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 20, 2022, 10:34:55 AM »
Serving alcohol to persons with uteruses is just reckless.  Liquor vendors will need some sort of proof of no-uterus or infertility.  I recommend a new class of drivers license. I have a motor cycle certification on my driver’s license, for example.  A doctor’s note certifying no uterus or infertility when you go to the DMV should work.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 20, 2022, 10:37:55 AM »
this sounds about right. I hope i don't come off as a total left wing loon by saying this - but i think it would be fair to ease those restrictions once uterus-having persons reach menopause. (have to provide a doctor's note, obvs)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 20, 2022, 10:39:02 AM »
Are bars in Manhattan still charging no cover for people who identify as women? I suspect that at least a portion of those people have uteruses and may be fertile.

Surely this should be illegal.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 20, 2022, 11:13:57 AM »
here's what we do Pete. We start at starbucks for example. We need some motivated citizens ready to step up. Anytime a person whose body contains a uterus orders a caffienated beverage, they will be immediately subject to a urine pregnancy test. If they can not (or will not) provide indisputable proof that they are not with child at the time of purchase...I say at minimum, charge them with attempted murder. If they are found to be pregnant, to me that gets you a fast pass to the front of the line for the chair. jmho.

But i'm a fair and reasonable person, i think there have to be limits. What caffeine level is acceptable? Technically even decaf isn't 100% caffeine free. The last thing we need to do is step on personal liberty. There's about 100 mg of caffeine in a cup of coffee...so i dunno maybe we cap it at 5 mg? As long as you drink contains less than 5mg of caffeine then like, okay fine, but tread lightly. If you're coming in 3x a day ordering these 5mg'ers you'll definitely end up on a watchlist.

The more i think about it, i'm not sure its worth the risk. I think we just ban all women from consuming caffeine. And soft cheese. and salmon. and alcohol. At this point i really can't see any cause that justifies the risk.

They cannot own cats either.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 12, 2022, 09:26:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1569435510577274880

Why don't these idiots throw their phones in a lake and get a new one? Is that tampering with evidence or something?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 12, 2022, 10:25:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1569435510577274880

Why don't these idiots throw their phones in a lake and get a new one? Is that tampering with evidence or something?

New phone who dis?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.