Author Topic: Arkansas  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Arkansas
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2021, 09:14:17 AM »
Another year with no one who can shoot on this team.

We have shooters. We don't have an offense.
Sounds like the new guys have been fully assimilated into the offense. Basketball is a really simple game. Why do we always make offense look so hard???

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »

Sounds like the new guys have been fully assimilated into the offense. Basketball is a really simple game. Why do we always make offense look so hard???
exactly what I said last night. we look to constrained out there. pack had a one dribble step back and drained a three towards the end of the game. more of that please and thank you

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »

exactly what I said last night. we look to constrained out there. pack had a one dribble step back and drained a three towards the end of the game. more of that please and thank you
Some teams make basketball (esp the offensive aspects) look effortless and fun (KU, Baylor, Hoiberg's ISU teams). We tend to make it look agonizing!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a game where over 40 threes get chucked between two teams and only 13% go in.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2021, 10:13:32 AM »

Some teams make basketball (esp the offensive aspects) look effortless and fun (KU, Baylor, Hoiberg's ISU teams). We tend to make it look agonizing!

It's because oscar wants to limit possessions so we go into these agonizing half court sets, then if we aren't hitting shots it makes it even worse. The twitter crowd complains about the number of 3s we take but against most quality teams, we're going to shoot a ton because oscar doesn't really allow them to score on the break or secondary break, which is how you're going to get most shots at the rim. You can see this with Arkansas. Mussleman slowed them down after the under 12 timeout in the second half and they, for the most part, stopped getting shots at the rim and started chucking 3s.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
Ball movement was bad. No screens. One guy dribbling into bad shots again and again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2021, 10:49:34 AM »
Our front court is going to be a huge problem, I’m not worried about our backcourt.  Ish and Bradford need to play wayyyy better for this team to be any good.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2021, 10:53:19 AM »

It's because oscar wants to limit possessions so we go into these agonizing half court sets, then if we aren't hitting shots it makes it even worse. The twitter crowd complains about the number of 3s we take but against most quality teams, we're going to shoot a ton because oscar doesn't really allow them to score on the break or secondary break, which is how you're going to get most shots at the rim. You can see this with Arkansas. Mussleman slowed them down after the under 12 timeout in the second half and they, for the most part, stopped getting shots at the rim and started chucking 3s.
Limiting possessions is great if The Flush or Jake Pullen are slashing into the lane for a layup at the end of the shot clock or if Jimmy Chitwood is swishing a wide open jumper that has been set up by great side-to-side ball movement in the halfcourt offense. The way oscar does it is tough to watch.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2021, 11:00:01 AM »
Ish has zero desire to play inside.

Seems like he would be a guy that could draw a bunch of fouls if he had the desire to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2021, 11:22:14 AM »

Limiting possessions is great if The Flush or Jake Pullen are slashing into the lane for a layup at the end of the shot clock or if Jimmy Chitwood is swishing a wide open jumper that has been set up by great side-to-side ball movement in the halfcourt offense. The way oscar does it is tough to watch.

Yeah, most college basketball teams are going to look horrific in half court sets. When Butler went to back to back final fours they played some of the worst looking basketball o.a.t.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2021, 11:59:38 AM »
i think nigel and selton need to play more than 28 minutes a game

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2021, 01:16:56 PM »
Selton's offense is a need but he's a liability on defense

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2021, 01:54:38 PM »

Lol no

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2021, 01:58:47 PM »
i don't think our offense needs to be that complicated or beautiful. selton, nigel, and nowell are all creators. space the floor and let them do their thing.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2021, 03:17:08 PM »

Literally wtf lol

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2021, 03:36:18 PM »
Honestly probably the worst defender we have on the team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2021, 05:46:45 PM »

It's irony!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2021, 05:47:45 PM »