Author Topic: Thought provoking question: Most overrated cat fballer??  (Read 10374 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Thought provoking question: Most overrated cat fballer??
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2021, 03:02:29 AM »
arthur brown. you know who had more tackles in a season? brandon archer

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2021, 05:53:44 AM »
Wow

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2021, 11:18:55 AM »
Wow

Ever notice that dudes who rack up tons of tackles, like lead the conference in tackles, are almost always on really shitty teams? Welp.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2021, 11:53:22 AM »

Archer actually averaged more tackles per game during his brief NFL career (2.3) than Arthur Brown did in his less brief, but still pretty brief NFL career (0.42).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
Wow

Ever notice that dudes who rack up tons of tackles, like lead the conference in tackles, are almost always on really shitty teams? Welp.

of course I've never noticed that

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »
Like Josh Buhl? You know who else had more tackles? Blake Slaughter. There was also only one other all conference safety or LB to take away from his tackles - Ty Zimmerman who I forgot existed.

Obv he was pretty good but I’m trying to be thought provoking and staying on topic instead of naming every 4 star bust 😤

But Id say he’s closer to Brandon Archer on an elite team than best linebacker ever in our history.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2021, 12:13:31 PM »
I'd put stunz as most overrated cats fan.. If you're going to mention a member of the TNT it should be Hickman

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »
Freeman was appropriately rated by most of our fanbase. Everyone was aware of his shortcomings.

Waters, while very good, was overrated by our fan base (underrated by gE, and myself in the moment). Tyler Lockett, Tramaine Thompson and Co. contributed largely to this mystique.

Admit right now that you forgot that Freeman had Jordy Nelson.

Also when discussing Freeman why do people keep talking about the NFL, as if we didn't know he played in the league. If anything his draft placement and NFL career cements his overrated status at K-State. He was average to bad in those 9 rivalry games we talk about.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2021, 01:50:12 PM »
I am already prepared to nominate Jake Rubley

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »
Freeman was appropriately rated by most of our fanbase. Everyone was aware of his shortcomings.

Waters, while very good, was overrated by our fan base (underrated by gE, and myself in the moment). Tyler Lockett, Tramaine Thompson and Co. contributed largely to this mystique.

Also when discussing Freeman why do people keep talking about the NFL, as if we didn't know he played in the league. If anything his draft placement and NFL career cements his overrated status at K-State. He was average to bad in those 9 rivalry games we talk about.

I will never forget how he had all those turnovers at KU following the high we were riding after beating Texas 45-42.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2021, 03:17:42 PM »
Are you prepared for a knuckle sandwich?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »

I will never forget how he had all those turnovers at KU following the high we were riding after beating Texas 45-42.

All those fumbles and interceptions were likely due to the cigarette residue all over his hands   :D

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2021, 04:28:19 PM »

I’m just not inclined to think anyone is likely to be overrated when they play on bad teams. I’m not sure that we had anyone like this but to me a perfect example of “overrated” is a system QB like Colt Brennan who puts up monster numbers but can’t do much at all when you put them in a different setting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2021, 04:28:27 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2021, 04:29:21 PM »

All those fumbles and interceptions were likely due to the cigarette residue all over his hands   :D

:ROFL:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2021, 04:30:48 PM »

I’m just not inclined to think anyone is likely to be overrated when they play on bad teams. I’m not sure that we had anyone like this but to me a perfect example of “overrated” is a system QB like Colt Brennan who puts up monster numbers but can’t do much at all when you put them in a different setting.

In the biggest games his performance was appreciably worse. Periodt. He's the opposite image of Skylar Thompson.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2021, 04:32:02 PM »
Freeman had two top 10 wins though, right? which is, like, 50% of how many LHC Bill Snyder had over 100 years or something.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2021, 04:40:26 PM »
Yep. Also 0-9 tho.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2021, 07:51:14 PM »

I would love to see him get some garbage time before the season is over.  :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2021, 07:55:22 PM »
I think Freeman could have been many times better if he only cared.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »

I would love to see him get some garbage time before the season is over.  :love:

He's legitimately at best the 4th QB on the roster, probably 5th. He didn't even make the travel squad for KU. You're definitely not going to see him this year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2021, 08:46:54 AM »
Andre Rison's kid

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »

He also had super underrated cat footballer Brandon Banks!

In a bit of defense of Freeman's 0-9, those Missouri/KU teams were out-of-character good.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2021, 02:00:02 PM »

He also had super underrated cat footballer Brandon Banks!

In a bit of defense of Freeman's 0-9, those Missouri/KU teams were out-of-character good.

And what about Nebraska? They didn't even make a bowl game in '07 and the '07 KU team we would've beat had we shown any defense at all. That's not necessarily Freeman's fault, but only scoring 24 points against a team that, at the end of the regular season, hadn't beat a single team that was still ranked doesn't bode well for his image.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2021, 11:59:01 PM »

lmao, he started 61 games in the nfl.

he started 35 for the qatz, never once made first, second or third team all big 12, won offensive player of the week like once, never placed on a preseason watchlist, 0-9 against KU, Nebraska, Missouri and never won a bowl game. he was never great for k-state and it seemed (to me at least) that k-state fans expected that he'd be really good to great. this isn't his fault of course, fans + media put wildly unrealistic expectations on young players and he also had ron prince as his coach and like brandon banks running crosses

He had Jordy rough ridin' Nelson running crosses.

saying he was appropriately rated has more to w/ my perception, especially the second half of his jr season on, that cat fans seemed to view him as a bit of a what might have been.

And you're right. He absolutely was drafted on potential. Guy had it all.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.