Author Topic: elections 2021  (Read 2885 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: elections 2021
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 12:06:38 AM »
You think if Biden had, let's say a 52% approval rating, that the right's culture war would be less effective?

yes.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think voters were thinking the least biic about Joe Biden when Youngkin pounded the consistent messaging that the democrats, specifically, McAuliffe, are trying to indoctrinate their children.

i don't think voters are any more or less likely to think that dems are supportive of people trying to indoctrinate their children today than they were a year ago.  what changed is which party they were mad at.

and afaik, the nj gop candidate didn't run on a crt in schools message and he appears to be performing about as well (against a popular incumbent!)
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 12:16:57 AM »
You think if Biden had, let's say a 52% approval rating, that the right's culture war would be less effective?

yes.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think voters were thinking the least biic about Joe Biden when Youngkin pounded the consistent messaging that the democrats, specifically, McAuliffe, are trying to indoctrinate their children.

i don't think voters are any more or less likely to think that dems are supportive of people trying to indoctrinate their children today than they were a year ago.  what changed is which party they were mad at.

and afaik, the nj gop candidate didn't run on a crt in schools message and he appears to be performing about as well (against a popular incumbent!)

Like I illustrated, a dem hasn't won re-election in that state in 44 years and only twice in the state's history. If we are going to tie that history to Joe Biden then that's fine. Honestly, the punditry around the 2021 elections don't mean a thing. I've been following politics since the 80's and I've never seen so much attention paid to an off cycle election and I'm guessing if Virginia wasn't in play this year would have not gotten a sniff of national attention.

That being said, next years elections will absolutely be a referendum on the current administration. They're going to get absolutely white washed and they'll deserve every bit of it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 12:27:25 AM »
This should be an object lesson, if you're a Democrat. The majority of your base are not the voices you hear on Twitter or in the beltway. Also, there's still a bunch of crackers out there voting. Frankly, I would think Biden's general message should be appealing, but the Democrats have kind of muddled everything with their in-fighting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2021, 12:27:55 AM »
Anyone know about this, lmao
https://twitter.com/chrispkeating/status/1455765283847778306
“It makes my stomach turn to think that in our city, that they’re actually telling me now, ‘Oh, someone voted in person and they forgot they voted absentee,’” Valentine said.

He didn’t say who the “they” were telling him about people voting more than once.

Valentine, always the fierce competitor on the field, didn’t take losing well.

“Someone says maybe I’m supposed to thank the media for all the lousy coverage that they gave us or maybe even compliment (Simmons’ team) for the campaign they ran but I can’t do that with an open heart and a clear mind, so I’m just going to say the campaign is over,” he said.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2021, 12:34:23 AM »
This should be an object lesson, if you're a Democrat. The majority of your base are not the voices you hear on Twitter or in the beltway. Also, there's still a bunch of crackers out there voting. Frankly, I would think Biden's general message should be appealing, but the Democrats have kind of muddled everything with their in-fighting.

At some point messaging has to turn into delivery. He's the leader of his party and it appears he can't deliver his agenda, which is as populist of an agenda we've ever seen from a sitting president. He can't get his agenda delivered because he has one senator beholden to corporate interests and Biden insists on treating him with kid gloves.

The progressives aren't to blame here, they're trying to push the president's stated agenda. They seem to want it more than he wants it for himself and he's going to get punished because he's getting absolutely clown suited by Manchin, his supposed friend.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 12:38:00 AM »

At some point messaging has to turn into delivery. He's the leader of his party and it appears he can't deliver his agenda, which is as populist of an agenda we've ever seen from a sitting president. He can't get his agenda delivered because he has one senator beholden to corporate interests and Biden insists on treating him with kid gloves.

The progressives aren't to blame here, they're trying to push the president's stated agenda. They seem to want it more than he wants it for himself and he's going to get punished because he's getting absolutely clown suited by Manchin, his supposed friend.

I mean, Biden is basically GWB fast-forwarded 20 years. He's no progressive, at least not in the modern sense. How did he get elected, if not for the tried and true recipe of family values and moderate, kitchen-table politics?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 12:56:42 AM »

I mean, Biden is basically GWB fast-forwarded 20 years. He's no progressive, at least not in the modern sense. How did he get elected, if not for the tried and true recipe of family values and moderate, kitchen-table politics?

Definitely not a progressive, but Build Back Better is absolutely a populist agenda torpedoed by corporate interests in his own party. Manchin has the support of Shelley Moore Capito, so grats to him, I guess.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 07:36:10 AM »
Are you really this dumb?

yeah, i think that when you have two other candidates in the same state finishing in lockstep and an election in another state showing a very similar shift, that blaming the idiosyncrasies of any one of the candidates involved is probably barking up the wrong tree.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1455747594395832320

Yeah I think that has a lot to do with it too, so maybe we are on the same page, I don't think McAuliffe was as toxic as like the Alabama mall pedo. but he didn't help in a bad situation:

1) national environment/Presidential approval
2) top of the ticket candidates
3) state environment

In some cases those can be re-ordered like when Sam Brownback probably poisoned things and Kobach was a uniquely unlikable candidate, but the environment for Republicans nationally was pretty bad at that time too so it is hard to say.

I think we can all agree that coattails from the top of the ticket are way more of an issue in most races

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2021, 08:08:47 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 08:35:57 AM »
 :lol: :lol:  What total speculative bullshit.   :lol: :lol:

It makes me sad to see that some people actually believe that a rough ridin' text book from the K thru 12 years actually indoctorinates people and creates non-thinking monoliths incapable of ascertaining new and updated information over the course of time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2021, 08:59:56 AM »
Leave it to dakkk to see that tweet and not take away from it that generations of Virginians were taught in school that slavery was good and slaves were happy.

Then he justifies it with the hilarious take that people don't believe and retain what they learned in school.

Chef's kiss

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2021, 09:11:00 AM »
It's absolutely on brand for the CPRIR to believe to his core that people are 1000% molded in their forever thought and beliefs by a K thru 12 text book.

In retrospect, I suppose the reason that #blueanon leaders across all spectrums are trying to weed out parental participation in school systems . . . is that they do believe to their core that textbooks formulate forever beliefs.    Just keep rolling out those #blueanon droids all the way through the higher education system.

As aside, it was fantastic to see that virtue signaling poser POS Terry McAuliffe and his Lincoln Project/#blueanon thought leader/puppet president campaigning friends . . . lose

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2021, 12:00:53 PM »
i actually think it was really smart of Dems to let the Pubs have a couple W's this cycle

need to save our grade A voter fraud tricks for the big ones

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2021, 01:26:19 PM »
Vote early, vote often, vote democrat . . . grab a handful of mail-ins on your way out, free postage!

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »
i actually think it was really smart of Dems to let the Pubs have a couple W's this cycle

need to save our grade A voter fraud tricks for the big ones

I enjoyed this.  :billdance:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2021, 03:23:09 PM »
Virginia state politics have gone red

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2021, 07:07:08 PM »
Two NY state #blueanon voting amendments get their ass kicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
for that matter, the nj gov's race is probably going to be a worse result (compared to biden 2020) for dems.