Author Topic: 357  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« on: October 16, 2021, 09:55:26 PM »
The number of days since our last conference win.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 357
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 10:21:17 PM »
That's a rough patch

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 06:55:09 AM »
Covid doesn’t count, didn’t you hear?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 09:09:02 AM »

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »

Last year was and still is a fake year. You can ignore the results of last season and still be dissatisfied at the current state of the program, both can exist.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 12:31:08 PM »
I was joking, I understand there were challenges but that doesn’t make whatever happened completely moot. I give us some grace, but it’s hard to ignore results entirely with that big 358 number on there. So I think we mostly agree?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 04:43:18 PM »
I would be a lot more upset about it if we didn't have 2 solid nonconference wins. We probably will win 3 or 4 more games down the stretch to finish up a disappointing season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 05:20:41 PM »
I was joking, I understand there were challenges but that doesn’t make whatever happened completely moot. I give us some grace, but it’s hard to ignore results entirely with that big 358 number on there. So I think we mostly agree?

We do.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 05:43:50 PM »

Last year was and still is a fake year. You can ignore the results of last season and still be dissatisfied at the current state of the program, both can exist.

Part of why last year and Covid is still causing so much pain was the crap show recruiting going back at least 5+ years. Not to deflect from the current recruiting concerns, just stipulating that it’s been poor for quite a while.

Another part is the 2019 exodus.

Between the 2 we have far less super seniors than other teams at our ‘tier’. I’d wager that alone is a huge factor in why so many perennial door mats are doing so well this year. Particularly those that were lucky enough to come through 2020 mostly unscathed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 05:58:09 PM »

Part of why last year and Covid is still causing so much pain was the crap show recruiting going back at least 5+ years. Not to deflect from the current recruiting concerns, just stipulating that it’s been poor for quite a while.

Another part is the 2019 exodus.

Between the 2 we have far less super seniors than other teams at our ‘tier’. I’d wager that alone is a huge factor in why so many perennial door mats are doing so well this year. Particularly those that were lucky enough to come through 2020 mostly unscathed.
Yeah it seems like all the dbs are first year transfers. With the thin DL not getting pressure it's gonna be tough. (As I usually say, the lack of quality depth is what kills us before scheme)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 06:59:08 PM »
It's still wild to me that we added a bunch of transfers and none of them were LBs who could see the field.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 07:11:44 PM »
It's still wild to me that we added a bunch of transfers and none of them were LBs who could see the field.
It really is. Shocked that Utah State walkon hasn't worked out

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 03:39:29 PM »
360 days since our last conference win; October 24th 2020 over KU 55-14 in Manhattan.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 07:23:36 PM »
I think we break the streak on Halloween eve against TCU
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best