Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 136785 times)

Offline jonsjasper

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #875 on: September 22, 2021, 08:59:27 AM »
Most people don't know the difference outside if B12 country.

attended and worked at 2 big 10 schools. previously lived in big 10 country, and now in the middle of ACC land. still work in higher ed.

sports-wise, definitely see more KU stuff and their bball program is obviously the larger national brand. no denying it's something for them to hang their hats on while college bball is still even a thing.   

but the delusion of KU being some kind of academic powerhouse, with kstate paling in comparison, is hilarious. once you get outside of the top 40 schools or so, which includes the legit "public ivy's" with selective enrollment, like UVA, UMich, Berkley, etc., no employer, grad school admissions officer, or anyone else for that matter, makes any distinction between large state institutions like ku and kstate. obviously all schools have some programs that are stronger than others, but general reputation-wise, they're completely interchangeable.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #876 on: September 22, 2021, 09:40:30 AM »
We could solve all our funding problems if we started charging rent for all the real estate we own in your dome pieces, lmao.
I charge rent for my brain space, so.....

Do you have a written lease I can examine to back up your claim?
Rents due [redacted]

No written proof, then? I'm sorry, but the 38-year lease you've given KU in your dome piece is not enforceable unless in writing. Sorry, but that's the statute of frauds for you. That means KU is now a tenant at will, and on behalf of KU please accept our notice of intent to vacate. We owe you one month's rent. PM me your address and I'll send payment for FMV of the real estate for 1 month.

+38 years