TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Kansas State Football

Game Recaps by Drive

(1/10) > >>

CHONGS:
Just a place to put these.

Here the "productivity" number is the "actual" value of the drive minus the expected value of the drive for an average offense.  For example, an average team will score about a 0.9 points for a drive that starts on the 25 yard line (like after a touch back on kickoff), and an average team will score about 4.3 points when starting a drive from the opponent's 25 yard line.  I put actual in quotes because I still give some credit for offense that moves the ball, but doesn't score (that's because in principle in makes it harder for the other offense to score from worse field position).

Only 3 productive drives by the offense, but the defense really did it's job.

wetwillie:
Can’t wait for chingdex 2021 edition. I’m already getting angry thinking about it.

cfbandyman:
So is a "productive drive" one that scores above that 4.3 average? I guess just eyeballing both the Stanford and SIU game we had like 4 per game, not the 3 in the SIU. Claiming low FBPIQ here

CHONGS:

--- Quote from: cfbandyman on September 13, 2021, 07:51:05 PM ---So is a "productive drive" one that scores above that 4.3 average? I guess just eyeballing both the Stanford and SIU game we had like 4 per game, not the 3 in the SIU. Claiming low FBPIQ here

--- End quote ---
No. My previous commentary was based on an older picture.  It turns out my data feed is giving some garbage stuff (inconsistent in terms of how they report the line of scrimmage) that I had to correct for.  The more accurate data is much kinder to the offense.

I'd still say that 3 drives were good (good being about 3 points or more above average), but more drives were ok and not damaging.

CHONGS:
Week 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version