Author Topic: WHAT WE ARE HEARING ABOUT KLEINMAN TO NOTRE DAME  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
WHAT WE ARE HEARING ABOUT KLEINMAN TO NOTRE DAME
« on: November 29, 2021, 07:27:46 PM »
We have attempted to reach out to representatives of Chris Kleinman to confirm rumors that Kleinman will be the next coach at Notre Dame, but things have gone very quiet.  We will report more as we learn more.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT WE ARE HEARING ABOUT KLEINMAN TO NOTRE DAME
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 07:35:54 PM »
No idea if he would be interested but I do know that his wife has family either in or really close to south bend.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 07:41:40 PM »
I cannot answer all of the dm's immediately, so please be patient.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 07:41:47 PM »
He’s gonna have to fight Leipold for it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 08:05:27 PM »
Not sure why he’d take a step down but it’s closer home and maybe he values hanging near his drinking buddies more

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 08:12:30 PM »
Rumors I’m hearing are that it never set well with Chris Kleiman that a more famous CK was on his staff. He’s been looking for an exit for a while now and I suspect he’s ready to finally bust out the monogrammed swag in South Bend.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 08:55:38 PM »
Nice run by Chris, a little better record than Ron. Hoping (fingers crossed) Mess gets enough money to stay here as HC for a long time, hoping Terry Allen joins the staff soon.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 08:59:09 PM »
Two old flames who jilted Venables are back after him...who does he choose, OU or KSU?!? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 09:05:40 PM »
As the carousel spins out of control, what realistic job or level of job opens up that you'd show interest in if you're Klieman?

The obvious perk of this job is that you have stability and a great relationship with your AD. The issues are that you are coming back next year without a quarterback, after you likely missed on what you though was your home run. This is as much program unrest in the fan base that he's ever experienced anywhere he's ever been, although the unrest is minimal. Finally, he may be realizing that there's a recruiting ceiling far lower than he thought. Coming here, I'm sure he thought I'd be easy to close the border and he's struggling mightily with that

So what job would he think might be worth throwing away his relationship with his AD for? He'd take Cincinnati for sure, right? What about SMU or Houston? Memphis? What about a really bad Big 10 job like Illinois or Indiana? What if Notre Dame wants Schiano, would you go to Rutgers to reset if you're Klieman?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 09:27:27 PM »

As the carousel spins out of control, what realistic job or level of job opens up that you'd show interest in if you're Klieman?

The obvious perk of this job is that you have stability and a great relationship with your AD. The issues are that you are coming back next year without a quarterback, after you likely missed on what you though was your home run. This is as much program unrest in the fan base that he's ever experienced anywhere he's ever been, although the unrest is minimal. Finally, he may be realizing that there's a recruiting ceiling far lower than he thought. Coming here, I'm sure he thought I'd be easy to close the border and he's struggling mightily with that

So what job would he think might be worth throwing away his relationship with his AD for? He'd take Cincinnati for sure, right? What about SMU or Houston? Memphis? What about a really bad Big 10 job like Illinois or Indiana? What if Notre Dame wants Schiano, would you go to Rutgers to reset if you're Klieman?

Cincinnati's the only possibility on that list IMO. And I think that would be a stretch although I don't know what their full roster looks like, and would they even want him? Iowa probably wouldn't call if they open up and he'd be a moron to take a rebuilding job with no ties to an AD. He's honestly probably in the best spot possible for him right now unless he thinks it would be a hell of a lot easier for him to recruit to Indiana. Which it might be but I doubt it.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 10:19:45 PM »
Old Bill as the interim coach for the Cats' bowl game!  :excited:

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 10:35:04 PM »
Old Bill as the interim coach for the Cats' bowl game!  :excited:

Where we somehow draw OU as the opposing team and Bill utterly decimated OU one last time, in 2003 style