Author Topic: All this posturing?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
All this posturing?
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:44:55 AM »
 :lynchmob:

I don't *know*, but I did hear...
This is all nothing but a huge posturing move by NU. Currie had a meeting this morning with the coaches to tell them to "Not believe anything you hear in the next couple of days. It will all come out in the wash".

Apparently, NU doesn't like UT "taking over" the football side of the conference, and they are posturing this to get the championship game yanked from being "permanent" in TX.

One thing I asked was, "Do you think some of this has to do with the TV negotiations that are coming up?" And the answer was, "Certainly can't hurt. Think of the new rivalries and story lines created in the last couple of days."

I know everyone has their "he said/she said" radar up and running right now, so this was my "she said" that I'll throw out there. (and "she" hasn't been wrong in feeding me info in the past)

Take it for what it's worth.

From Powercat46...reputable poster

Kind of what I was thinking when all of this really started.

I could see MU whoring themselves out because their MU and won't EVER get respect in this conference. NU though? I can't see them leaving. Just can't. I totally see them using this to get back at TX and get some power pulled from TX.

TX, knows are TV contract is garbage and puts out all this information to 1. Call Nebraska's bluff and 2. Get this conference a better TV deal...that makes it more enticing for teams to stay/back fill MU/CU.

TX and definitely the rest of the south want NO part of the PAC 10. Money wouldn't be too much different with this new TV deal but the difference would be eaten up alive by travel costs. Fans definitely don't want to travel to California/Washington/Oregon to games when they'd rather drive north to games. Game times are very late in the Midwest with the 2 hour difference...who wants to stay up until 1 or 2 to watch football/Bball games? Does TX/OU want to be second fiddle to USC/Oregon or even with at best? Think it was hard to get to a Championship game with the Big XII? Wait till you have those power 3(4) to get to BCS Championship. They currently have BSC 1 slot but likely apply for 2 if this did come to fruition. The NCAA could easily tell them F* off because they are eventually trying to screw the NCAA big time and the rest of the BCS process by starting the 4 super conferences.

This is all a ploy...the ONLY news source on this has been Orangebloods.com, who have been feeding ESPN and other media outlets. It's just like Fitz saying, "It's Patterson"....it's not happening. News out of Omaha tonight gives us a ray of hope. Coaches have NOT been told they are leaving, as was reported from Omaha (and even UT). Osborne was in Omaha, not Lincoln today. The Reagents HAVE NOT Voted on this. They've discussed adding the conversation to the table friday which contradicts what Orangebloods.com reports. NO one has said that offers have been given, Nebraska is denying it, and it's basically completely being fed by Orangeblood.com (TX mouthpiece).

This time next week, the Big XII will be thriving. New FAT TV Contract. Little less power from TX. NU fans and MU fans grobbling for forgiveness...mostly the MU Fans. A lot of NU fans, respectable NU fans don't want any part of the Big 10.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: All this posturing?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
 :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bigtoke: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

completely false and total bull crap

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:02:52 AM »

This is all nothing but a huge posturing move by NU. Currie had a meeting this morning with the coaches to tell them to "Not believe anything you hear in the next couple of days. It will all come out in the wash".

Apparently, NU doesn't like UT "taking over" the football side of the conference, and they are posturing this to get the championship game yanked from being "permanent" in TX.

One thing I asked was, "Do you think some of this has to do with the TV negotiations that are coming up?" And the answer was, "Certainly can't hurt. Think of the new rivalries and story lines created in the last couple of days."

I know everyone has their "he said/she said" radar up and running right now, so this was my "she said" that I'll throw out there. (and "she" hasn't been wrong in feeding me info in the past)

I could see MU whoring themselves out because their MU and won't EVER get respect in this conference. NU though? I can't see them leaving. Just can't. I totally see them using this to get back at TX and get some power pulled from TX.

TX, knows are TV contract is garbage and puts out all this information to 1. Call Nebraska's bluff and 2. Get this conference a better TV deal...that makes it more enticing for teams to stay/back fill MU/CU.

TX and definitely the rest of the south want NO part of the PAC 10. Money wouldn't be too much different with this new TV deal but the difference would be eaten up alive by travel costs. Fans definitely don't want to travel to California/Washington/Oregon to games when they'd rather drive north to games. Game times are very late in the Midwest with the 2 hour difference...who wants to stay up until 1 or 2 to watch football/Bball games? Does TX/OU want to be second fiddle to USC/Oregon or even with at best? Think it was hard to get to a Championship game with the Big XII? Wait till you have those power 3(4) to get to BCS Championship. They currently have BSC 1 slot but likely apply for 2 if this did come to fruition. The NCAA could easily tell them F* off because they are eventually trying to screw the NCAA big time and the rest of the BCS process by starting the 4 super conferences.

This is all a ploy...the ONLY news source on this has been Orangebloods.com, who have been feeding ESPN and other media outlets. It's just like Fitz saying, "It's Patterson"....it's not happening. News out of Omaha tonight gives us a ray of hope. Coaches have NOT been told they are leaving, as was reported from Omaha (and even UT). Osborne was in Omaha, not Lincoln today. The Reagents HAVE NOT Voted on this. They've discussed adding the conversation to the table friday which contradicts what Orangebloods.com reports. NO one has said that offers have been given, Nebraska is denying it, and it's basically completely being fed by Orangeblood.com (TX mouthpiece).

This time next week, the Big XII will be thriving. New FAT TV Contract. Little less power from TX. NU fans and MU fans grobbling for forgiveness...mostly the MU Fans. A lot of NU fans, respectable NU fans don't want any part of the Big 10.

they had already agreed to move the championship games to kc before the report came out about nu leaving...

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:04:59 AM »

they had already agreed to move the championship games to kc before the report came out about nu leaving...

The BBall game. The football one was in Texas until 2013 at least.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »
LOL at the idea that anyone in our conference talks to or cares about Currie or Schulz.  Bob Krause I would believe, but not Currie. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 07:40:21 AM »
Also, lol at "reliable posters". This story has been like Patterson-gate on crack with all the "inside sources." Every husker poster seems to have at least two close relatives on the BoR.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 07:44:24 AM »
Yes. Nubbs were going to hold out forever damaging our chance for a big money contract from Fox. Texas forced their hand with a deadline and the PAC 10 stuff to scare Nebraska into going to the Big 10 or stay with the Big 12. Missouri and Colorado are non players for Fox as they know we can replace them with better teams in TCU, Boise State, and Utah. The one wild card in my opinion is that the SEC might throw Texas and T A&M a big juicy bone.
RIP Fatty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
Yes. Nubbs were going to hold out forever damaging our chance for a big money contract from Fox. Texas forced their hand with a deadline and the PAC 10 stuff to scare Nebraska into going to the Big 10 or stay with the Big 12. Missouri and Colorado are non players for Fox as they know we can replace them with better teams in TCU, Boise State, and Utah. The one wild card in my opinion is that the SEC might throw Texas and T A&M a big juicy bone.

They both will be enticed by that, A&M more so than Texas IMO.   Ever since the Big 12 came into being and familiarizing myself with Texas more, I've picked up that there fan base really doesn't like the SEC, and of course they really hate Arkansas and LSU.   Arkansas obviously because of the long standing rivalry back in the SWC days and with added venom because Arkansas leaving in 1991 for the SEC was the beginning of the end of the SWC. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:34:14 AM »
I just hope that Kansas doesn't get free access to the Big 10 Network. That way all of the bandwagon Nebraska fans I've been encountering who act like Nebraska getting more money means more money for them somehow will have to pay to watch Nebraska play.

"Sure, we were going to get that Fox deal, but in the Big 12, there's no revenue sharing and all that money goes south."

Well, maybe Nebraska should vote for revenue sharing then, dumbasses. :flush:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »
LOL at the idea that anyone in our conference talks to or cares about Currie or Schulz.  Bob Krause I would believe, but not Currie. 

Agree LOL @ thinking anyone cares about KSU's leaders in this process.  But still, I'm so thankful Krause and Wefald aren't involved right now.  I'm not sure how this could be worse for KSU, but with those two running things, I'm sure it would be worse for KSU somehow.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."