Author Topic: Atrocities Against Indigenous People  (Read 1305 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Atrocities Against Indigenous People
« on: July 02, 2021, 04:17:32 PM »
have you guys read about this? it's absolutely awful. and now the canadians are burning down all the catholic churches. so basically the canadians were just as evil towards their indigenous population as we were.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/1012100926/graves-found-at-new-site-canadian-indigenous-group-says

but as I was reading about it I learned that THE SAME THING happened in ireland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9138905/Damning-report-finds-thousands-unmarried-Irish-mothers-babies-suffered-refuge-homes.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: catholic/canadian/irish atrocities
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 04:19:18 PM »
also this is not a thread to drag the catholic church specifically. organized religions of all types are responsible for all types of evil crap going back to the beginning of organized religions. they are not special here.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 05:04:47 PM »
I read yesterday that they are going to be looking around the Shawnee Indian Mission (Shawnee Ks/Johnson county). For the same stuff soon. No way Canada and Ireland we’re doing this and we weren’t.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 05:10:23 PM »
I read yesterday that they are going to be looking around the Shawnee Indian Mission (Shawnee Ks/Johnson county). For the same stuff soon. No way Canada and Ireland we’re doing this and we weren’t.
I saw an Instagram story rumor that they might check Haskell too

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 12:10:05 AM »
also this is not a thread to drag the catholic church specifically. organized religions of all types are responsible for all types of evil crap going back to the beginning of organized religions. they are not special here.

However the Catholic church is generally awful and absolutely worthy of being dragged
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 06:42:03 PM »
HEATHENS!!!  Thank Goadd I'm not a church goer.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 10:29:46 AM »
Thank God we've had the luxury of recognizing or denying our atrocities over a greater period of time.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 06:37:05 AM »
have you guys read about this? it's absolutely awful. and now the canadians are burning down all the catholic churches. so basically the canadians were just as evil towards their indigenous population as we were.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/1012100926/graves-found-at-new-site-canadian-indigenous-group-says

but as I was reading about it I learned that THE SAME THING happened in ireland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9138905/Damning-report-finds-thousands-unmarried-Irish-mothers-babies-suffered-refuge-homes.html

Yeah, don't worry America, Canada has been just as bad as treating their first people's as we do our natives. I also think you can say that for practically every colonized country though.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 06:50:12 AM »
kids died like crazy at those boarding schools. They will find bodies everywhere they want to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 06:56:41 AM »
crap this is from 1999, people just don’t want to acknowledge it

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19990509&slug=2959770

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Atrocities Against Indigenous People
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 11:12:56 PM »
Yeah natural typhoid/smallpox/tb et al

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 08:48:40 AM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2021, 02:02:56 PM »
I got a book for Christmas which is an autobiography by Chester Nez who was one of the Navajo Code Talkers in WWII.  He went to a boarding school at Fort Defiance all through grade school and the first few chapters in the book are about how horrible it was.

Another shocking part is that his parents/grandparents had a very large herd of sheep in New Mexico where they lived and one day the government came, rounded up 700 of their 1100 animals into a ditch they had dug for this specific purpose, poured gasoline on them and burned them alive.  Apparently this happened all across New Mexico at the time.  The explanation given was that it was the Great Depression and they were worried about overgrazing of good land by the Navajo herds.  They were promised land expansion as repayment but never got it obviously.

Here's the book, it's really good:
https://www.amazon.com/Code-Talker-Memoir-Original-Talkers/dp/0425247856/ref=asc_df_0425247856/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312126490544&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14077109259035425126&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9023346&hvtargid=pla-456557400435&psc=1