Author Topic: How much are we going to pay our players?  (Read 17124 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How much are we going to pay our players?
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2022, 01:16:55 PM »
https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2022/4/20/k-state-athletics-announces-academic-incentive-award-program.aspx

About rough ridin' time. Had to get Myers outta rough ridin' here and to get bullied by ESPN to do some crap we should have been doing years ago.

The NCAA started allowing this 2 years ago and the Supreme Court ruling was last year. We got exposed, that's why this is being announced now. We didn't announce details of what we're doing, hopefully won't be the bullshit that flood aggie is doing.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/33684066/only-21-130-ncaa-fbs-level-schools-say-plans-provide-allowed-academic-bonus-payments-athletes-year

What's Flood Aggie doing?

Pretty similar to what Houstoncat posted, but instead of holding 75% for graduation, like we are, they hold the entire thing. I hate it, I hate holding any of it.

The incentive is the money, there shouldn't be any additional incentive to graduate, and frankly it won't be an incentive, it's just a way to be cheap assholes. If an athlete is an academic all-American for two years, then as a junior in their given sport, they get the opportunity to compete as a professional who really thinks the $13,000 that the AD is holding us going to be an incentive for anything? If anything it provides other schools to use that as a negative talking point in recruiting. We were just in a recruiting battle with Stanford, and lost, for Mudia Reuben. Do we really want schools like Stanford to tell recruits that we want to pressure good students to stay in school other than pursuing professional opportunities when the time comes?

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2022, 02:25:14 PM »
https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2022/4/20/k-state-athletics-announces-academic-incentive-award-program.aspx

About rough ridin' time. Had to get Myers outta rough ridin' here and to get bullied by ESPN to do some crap we should have been doing years ago.

The NCAA started allowing this 2 years ago and the Supreme Court ruling was last year. We got exposed, that's why this is being announced now. We didn't announce details of what we're doing, hopefully won't be the bullshit that flood aggie is doing.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/33684066/only-21-130-ncaa-fbs-level-schools-say-plans-provide-allowed-academic-bonus-payments-athletes-year

What's Flood Aggie doing?

They are holding all the bonus money until a student graduates.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2022, 04:30:17 PM »
The Athletic has a good article on A&M and how NIL is working.  There's a summary quote about NIL.

According to some of the athletic department’s fundraisers, the money didn’t really start rolling in for the capital campaign until it became apparent that Texas A&M was putting together the No. 1 recruiting class for the class of 2022. That’s what the group finds hilarious. The outside world thought NIL money alone bought Texas A&M a recruiting class. In reality, that class probably bought the Aggies a new indoor facility.

“If people were mad about Texas A&M and NIL before, wait until they hear about $88 million raised,” Bjork told the donors. “Wait until they hear about $235 million in facilities.”
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »
Here is the link if you're interested.                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                                                 https://theathletic.com/3273847/2022/04/27/texas-am-aggies-collective-donors-centennial-campaign-fundraising-kyle-field/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2022, 01:42:44 AM »
This is what I have been saying for the last 20 years.  This is a great article by Ubben.

https://theathletic.com/3289588/2022/05/02/college-football-nil-transfer-portal/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2022, 08:54:41 PM »
NIL and that playyaar money are here to stay and it's getting bigger with time.                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                                                                                    https://theathletic.com/3281954/2022/04/29/mandel-does-pay-for-play-make-you-uncomfortable-because-its-wrong-or-because-its-different/?source=freeweeklyemail&campaign=602288

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2022, 10:50:14 AM »
Daily Delivery: It sure didn't take long for the new NIL freedoms to spin out of control
by Tim Fitzgerald

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2022, 06:43:08 AM »
Questions Podcast: Can college sports be saved from the NIL?
by Tim Fitzgerald

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 29, 2022, 09:13:30 AM »
?s=20&t=dk-CiTJhc7h3MFrP3ibv1A

As I have been saying, NIL collectives are boosters giving money that is no, no with the NCAA.

Offline HugeCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:49 PM »
Pony Up, Bitches! We should set a goal of $1.0MM per Player. This is essentially, the team themselves creating a collective for every player. Fans can buy an all-access pass and there will be engagement opportunities with the team and proceeds go to the team and divided evenly amongst each player.
?s=20&t=Omvy7tuYDA7miVC5vCmlPw[/size]

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:59:55 PM by HugeCat »