Author Topic: What BCS school are you going to start rooting for?  (Read 7610 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: What BCS school are you going to start rooting for?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 01:06:09 AM »
rough ridin' no one. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 06:31:54 AM »
I'm gonna do things right this time around. When k-state becomes a mid-major, I'm going to root for teams out in front. So I'm gonna be a 'Bama fan in football and Kentucky and UNC fan in hoops.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. I've been rooting for shitty sports for waaay too long. Plus, I might as well embrace my east coastiness now. Maybe I'll go Georgetown in MBB. But that still really leaves me without a football team.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 06:53:18 AM »
I'm gonna do things right this time around. When k-state becomes a mid-major, I'm going to root for teams out in front. So I'm gonna be a 'Bama fan in football and Kentucky and UNC fan in hoops.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. I've been rooting for shitty sports for waaay too long. Plus, I might as well embrace my east coastiness now. Maybe I'll go Georgetown in MBB. But that still really leaves me without a football team.
That's really the best way since most schools aren't great at both. The door is wide open to not look band-wagony for you.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »
The problem is there isn't really a good football team around here. I'm leaning towards Navy, because it's cheap and game days in Annapolis are pretty nice.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 07:13:20 AM »
K-State....and UNLV

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »
TCU, they will be BCS before we are  :frown: Still purple, so I can still wear my cloths just cut off the powercat.  Gonna have a lot of holy clothes  :frown:

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
the only thing I will cheer for that involes the BCS is for a crazy amount of lawsuits that will take down the BCS.
Dax fan club member!

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 09:17:26 AM »
Just realized we're the cupcake on the schedule for BCS teams now  :eek:

let's roll with this idea.  let's spend a few years getting paid big $$ to get raped on the football field by whoever is interested. We'll let that cash pile up, maybe in a low risk mutual fund, then say in like 2015, we'll take all that money and cheat our asses off, bribing refs and paying players to build the most talented elite football team college football has ever seen.  Then we destroy all the teams that had put on us on their cupcake schedule (while still collecting more $$) and go on to win the national championship.  then with the remaining dollars we can hire a dream team of lawyers that will keep the NCAA at bay for years so they'll never be able to strip us of our season.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »

let's roll with this idea.  let's spend a few years getting paid big $$ to get raped on the football field by whoever is interested. We'll let that cash pile up, maybe in a low risk mutual fund, then say in like 2015, we'll take all that money and cheat our asses off, bribing refs and paying players to build the most talented elite football team college football has ever seen.  Then we destroy all the teams that had put on us on their cupcake schedule (while still collecting more $$) and go on to win the national championship.  then with the remaining dollars we can hire a dream team of lawyers that will keep the NCAA at bay for years so they'll never be able to strip us of our season.

I think USC did this...only they got caught.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »

I think USC did this...only they got caught.

not enough money spent on dream team of lawyers. (perhaps a handful of Private Eye's to dig up dirt on all NCAA big wigs). We'll ask Lew for some blackmail advice.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »
Iowa...seems like the easiest transition.

Plus I want to go to grad school there.

:surprised:

Hope its not law school.
:surprised: :surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 06:32:41 PM »
FLoriduh.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Texas State :fatty:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 06:35:57 PM »

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
Probably Washington.. They're purple, and they have a decent basketball program.  And CU and UW will have a big rivalry going pretty soon. 

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »

Or, stay with me on this, the money we earn from the Gridiron Gang Rapes goes directly in Frank's bank account. Look, he won't have much incentive to stick around. Our only hope is to funnel all of what little revenue we have straight into his wallet.

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »
Notre Dame  :blush:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »
Did you not read the thread subject line correctly havs?

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951