Author Topic: Who is NOT getting jabbed and why??? Let's talk about it in a friendly way!  (Read 3979 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I'm sure you have your reasons, and this is your safe space. Are you "vaccine hesitant"? Can't find an appointment? Can't take a sick day from a second jab?

Let's talk through your reasons in a positive friendly way! I'm sure you have great reasons but let's help ease your concerns and kick the crap out of this covid bug right the eff out.

no shaming or being mean in this thread please

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Myself and my family all already had it. wife is pregnant. not really against it just in no rush.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Unless you are allergic and/or have a medical reason for not getting it, you deserve to be shamed. Sorry Rusty.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
I overheard a lady telling her friends yesterday that she heard masks may go away in June so maybe she should get around to getting her vaccine. I found that interesting.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 10:55:45 AM by Phil Titola »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
I overheard a lady telling her friends yesterday that she heard masks may go away in June so maybe she should get around to getting her vaccine. It found that interesting.

Not surprising. There was an article in the Star last week where they interviewed pediatricians. Some of the quotes were just mind numbingly stupid. My favorite was the lady that brought her kid in for a sore throat and she wouldn't allow a Covid test because they had "tournaments and stuff all weekend".

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All the reasons I've heard to date are dumb, outside of one person who already had it, but that's almost long enough ago now.  That they should be seriously contemplating getting the vaccine after they discuss it with their doctor.

The rest of the reasons aren't really even reasons, just stupidity.   All smart educated people too boot. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Joco just lifted the mask mandate and I met a number of people this weekend who believe that this means it's all over. They were also convinced this was just like the flu anyway.  I pointed out that hospitalization rates are vastly higher than the normal flu, and that for me, my motivation of getting vaccinated and taking measure to prevent spread are to assist with efforts to ease the burdens on our hospitals and care providers.  I'm not sure that point gets enough pub.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Prediction: This thread will be in the pit by the end of the day.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
All the reasons I've heard to date are dumb, outside of one person who already had it, but that's almost long enough ago now.  That they should be seriously contemplating getting the vaccine after they discuss it with their doctor.

The rest of the reasons aren't really even reasons, just stupidity.   All smart educated people too boot.

I find it fascinating that people go to the doctor and say, "doc my leg hurts, what do you think?", but when the same Dr tells them they should get a vax, they act like he doesn't know what he is talking about. Why go to a Dr at all?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I had a conversation with my cousin about two months ago about this, so she may have changed her mind by now. She was unsure if she would get vaccinated or not. Her hesitation was fear of the unknown consequences.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
I had a conversation with my cousin about two months ago about this, so she may have changed her mind by now. She was unsure if she would get vaccinated or not. Her hesitation was fear of the unknown consequences.

Great job. Hopefully you convinced her.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are there any medical reasons not to get the vaccine? I had a guy tell me his doctor told him he shouldn’t get it and I think he was lying.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Myself and my family all already had it. wife is pregnant. not really against it just in no rush.

I get it! But I I recommend hunting down J&J so you only have to get one shot. I don't know if you can choose here but worth a shot!

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/159b322fb56f404aa194e5503540f127

Also encourage your folks to get it if they haven't, they can be reinfected even if it's rare.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are there any medical reasons not to get the vaccine? I had a guy tell me his doctor told him he shouldn’t get it and I think he was lying.

My mom kinda did the same thing with the second jab (after she felt pretty bad from the first). Like, she told me a medical professional told her it was possible that she could have an allergic reaction and die from the second jab. rather than dwell on that obvious misunderstanding or pure bullshit, I told her she couldn't visit her grandchildren if she didn't get the second jab and so she did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

My mother's doctor tole her not to get it. Luckily she's smarter than her doctor.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

My mother's doctor tole her not to get it. Luckily she's smarter than her doctor.
What was the rationale behind that recommendation?

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It hasn’t been sufficiently studied or approved by the FDA yet (only for emergency use so far).  It’s is a decent reason, imo. Although hardly any anti-vaxxers are actually using it.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Seems crazy it hasn't gotten full approval yet with millions of arms jabbed in the US now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
SHOW YOURSELVES FOR YOUR SHAMING! I’M GOING TO PI EVERY ONE OF YOU RIGHT INTO THE GROUND!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

It hasn’t been sufficiently studied or approved by the FDA yet (only for emergency use so far).  It’s is a decent reason, imo. Although hardly any anti-vaxxers are actually using it.

Agreed. You could throw in the CDC shutting down J&J for a bit as well. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to be apprehensive about the covid vaccine for various reasons. Being trepidatious about the covid jab doesn’t make one an anti-vaxxer either imo.

We’re at the point now where anyone who wants or needs the vaccine can get it pretty easily. If some would rather roll their dice with Covid, that’s their personal choice imo. Just as if someone wants to double mask outside or whatever after being jabbed, or refuses to leave the house.

We’ll soon reach herd immunity thru infections and jabs one way or another.

It doesn’t have to be a forced, one-size-fits-all solution for everyone everywhere.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seems crazy it hasn't gotten full approval yet with millions of arms jabbed in the US now.
That’s certainly my #1 source of comfort above initial FDA approval.

People can say they’re concerned about long term effects, but I don’t think there is any basis for that concern aside from general fear of the unknown. It’s not like those people are saying “well look what happened with this other vaccine 10 years later.”

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I work in higher education. It was a student who doesn't want to go back to in-person in the fall. I didn't ask what their rationale was. I didn't think it was appropriate.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
My mom was 100% against getting the vaccine early on but she is considering getting it now, so that's progress!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
I was hesitant last year with what seemed like a rush to market. However it wasn't a rush but a removal of red tape. They still did the usual trials.

I also didn't mind waiting a bit as my antibodies were still doing their thing.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Great idea!

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1389269289656590337

If anyone on this board wasn't going to get vaccinated I will venmo you money for a beer if you DM me a shot of your vaccination card.